Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

#Alone

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I used to be a die hard fan. At the moment, I feel I'm losing a bit of love for the game. Not because of yesterday's performance, more to do with the money grabbing nature of the club and astoundingly bad customer service from those in charge of the club that I have witnessed recently. I know this is the way football is going, but I'm starting to feel that I no longer want to move with the times. I will probably go on attending and enjoying games, but only up to a point. If I have to miss a match occasionally, it doesn't bother me like it used to. We all like or love football to different degrees. So what? Stay or leave early, do what you want to do. I left on 86 minutes because I wasn't enjoying it. If that upsets a few over-sensitive footballers, I really couldn't care less.

I have a lot of sympathy with this.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
To be fair I think Drew called it right, it's a look at me thread, you also need to work on your sarcasm as it's clearly not working.

[emoji41]

I don't, I really don't. It's just your level of stupidity here that's the problem.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Very very disappointing to see hundreds of fans leave on the 70th (seventieth) minute when Brentford scored their second. In the East especially, scores of Dads taking their kids towards the exit - what sort of parenting is that? Club should take details and pass onto Social Services to take them into care.

In the words of Klopp, the mentality of British fans needs changing. We are there to do a job. Not sit there like a TV audience. What sort of signal does it send to the players when with 25minutes to go thousands of fans have given up (and don't bother with all the sarchy replies about players gave up long before, that's garbage). Nope it's embarassing and disloyal. Makes a mockery of the clubs mantra.

So should we change it to #alone? On the evidence of yesterday, it would be far more appropriate sadly. Sort yourself out if you were one of those tantrum throwing early leavers and get back in your seat next time. Queue loads of 'I've paid my money, I can do what I want' replies (which is entirely the mentality Klopp was on about needs changing!)

Well said, it annoys hell out of me. I appreciate that there are those who need to leave early for reasons such as long journeys or other commitments. However, those who flounce off in an angry huff really p*** me off.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Case proven m'lud. Look at me, I'm a better fan than you.

Not at all. But the two of you are coming across as a bit,well, thick. That's nothing to do with being a better fan. Just better intelligence. You even think I like Palace more than Brighton after taking a comment at face value. It's ironic you call yourself Thunder Bolt when you're anything but Lightening quick. I'm bored with playing with you, it's too easy so I'm out now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well said, it annoys hell out of me. I appreciate that there are those who need to leave early for reasons such as long journeys or other commitments. However, those who flounce off in an angry huff really p*** me off.

Queueing in the pouring rain for buses and trains with children is no fun. Life's too short to get annoyed with other people.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not at all. But the two of you are coming across as a bit,well, thick. That's nothing to do with being a better fan. Just better intelligence. You even think I like Palace more than Brighton after taking a comment at face value. It's ironic you call yourself Thunder Bolt when you're anything but Lightening quick. I'm bored with playing with you, it's too easy so I'm out now.

Ha ha ha, Hilarious. Take your ball home, then.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Is it worth pointing out the numerous grammatical mistakes in a post designed to belittle the intelligence of other people?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Was at the Camp Nou last night. FCB 1-2 down, guess what started around 85 mins (even though it was pretty relentless attacking to try to get an equaliser) ?

Out of interest, also parked in a secure underground public car park less than 5 mins walk from the ground for 10 Euros (5 hours) and there was literally no queuing to exit (barriers were raised and they had people manually checking tickets). Was back in the hotel 60 miles away within about 90 mins. Crowd was 75,000.

The catering was crap though (although almost no queue at half time)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

It continues, not only do you posts imply you are a better fan than others but now you are more intelligent!!

As for your intelligence, I'm intrigued how you evaluate that. Is it that you think by staying to the final whistle and shouting loudly the team are more likely to score or is that you can assess the way the team played for most of the game with only 3 out of 11 playing well, the other 8 being either mundane or even a liability and therefore the chances of getting one goal, let alone two, is about as remote as winning Euro Millions and Lotto on consecutive nights!

As for the early leavers, I have to say I don't know know whether it was in their thousands or just hundreds when the apparent exodus began. I don't know because I was watching the game, not other fans!!!!

That said, I must confess I left at 85 minutes. Normally stay to the final whistle but on the odd occasion I do leave early. Once left a game at Selhurst on 54 minutes though. Each to their own.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given the ongoing need to generate income I would suggest that the club make the turnstyles the only way out before the final whistle. For those that wish to leave early they myst use their ticket which then automatically debuts an exit fee to the card they used to pay for the ticket on a sliding scale from £25 before the 70th minute.
A win/win as 'fans' can still leave early and the club get additional income.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I always stay 'til the end but I'm not fussed when people leave early if the team play badly. I find it far more difficult to understand why some still clap them off after such a poor performance.
I have "clapped them off" after some pretty disappointing matches - usually if a couple of my favourite players (sometimes Bruno or Stocko) have played well and I know they will be going round as usual thanking fans for coming...

On Saturday I headed straight for the vomitory on the final whistle.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I haven't read the whole thread, but with half an hour to go a mate of mine checked a live train app on his phone, and it said that 3 out of the next 4 trains from Falmer to Brighton were showing as cancelled, with the next one being at 17.16.

I still stayed till 85 and trotted down to the station, where the information boards were indeed showing cancelled. Then lo and behold, a "cancelled" train pulled in, and I just about managed to pile on it at about 16.50. I dunno if word got round about these supposedly cancelled trains, but maybe some fans were spooked into leaving even earlier than normal because of a perceived impending SASTA shambles.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Absolute drivel.

CsAQi1sWcAU3Tlx.jpg

Really? My understanding is east stand holds 5,404 according to it's Wikipedia page - no where near half full.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here