Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All trains and flights suspended at Gatwick

Big Mart

Sep 12, 2010
anyone know how long this will take to clear ?

13.25 Thursday 13 October

Train services are being held in the Gatwick Airport area whilst some munitions from World War II which have been found nearby are being dealt with.

Southern, Gatwick Express and First Capital Connect train services are subject to delays and diversions.

Please note that for the duration of this operation, all flights into and out of Gatwick Airport have also been suspened.

We apologise for the inconvenience this is causing.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
That's not good, and costing someone a bloody fortune!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Has Southern's website been hacked ?

Just a quick look and I can't see this reported elsewhere. Plus someone can't spell suspended

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Twitter
#Gatwick Airport closed to #trains and air traffic. Bomb squad are dealing with unexlpoded hand grenades. Should re-open soon

(copied and pasted so don't blame me for the typos)

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
On National Rail:

"There is a security alert near Gatwick Airport. Because of this, there are delays of up to 25 minutes through Gatwick Airport. These delays are expected to last until approximately 15:00."

Big Mart

Sep 12, 2010
On National Rail:

"There is a security alert near Gatwick Airport. Because of this, there are delays of up to 25 minutes through Gatwick Airport. These delays are expected to last until approximately 15:00."

cheers for the info. Another interesting journey home tonight then.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
why is this not on the news?

Its not news worthy im afraid, It happened a few weeks ago, some live grenades were found by Network rail staff and a controlled explosion was carried out, but it only closed the runaway and stopped trains for 15 minutes.
I know cos I was working that day there and it really isnt that big a deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here