Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All-Time Brighton and Hove Albion Draft

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
I was hoping he was going to slip by unnoticed but then a thread about him appeared to jog everybodies memory so I knew he would go soon. He wasn't my next pick but would have been the one after.

I was in a similar boat, was going to try and wait until near the end of the draft to nab him but that thread made me realise I needed to grab him ASAP or lose him.

Now I just have the problem of what category do I put him in (choice of 8) and what position do I play him in! :laugh:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I was in a similar boat, was going to try and wait until near the end of the draft to nab him but that thread made me realise I needed to grab him ASAP or lose him.

Now I just have the problem of what category do I put him in (choice of 8) and what position do I play him in! :laugh:

He is probably the most versitile player of the lot both in catergory and position

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I feel I need someone alongside Steve Foster, so who better than current captain GORDON GREER?

greer.jpg

Category 1 - Has played for Brighton at least 50 times - Mark Beeney
Category 2 - Has been promoted with Brighton
Category 3 - Has received a full International cap during his career
Category 4 - Has been relegated with Brighton
Category 5 - Has never played in the Top English Division - Will Buckley
Category 6 - Played in at least 4 different seasons for Brighton - Steve Foster
Category 7 - Has never been promoted/relegated with Brighton
Category 8 - Has been loaned to Brighton - Steve Sidwell
Category 9 - Has scored 10 or more goals in a season for Brighton - Peter Ward
Category 10 - Has played under 3 different managers during his Brighton career
Category 11 - Has played a home game for us at two or more stadiums - Gordon Greer

Last edited:

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Bloody hell, just had to go check the list of picks cos I'm shocked that Greer has lasted that long! Cracking pick that.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Shame for [MENTION=1284]moggy[/MENTION] to miss out. Can't we give some grace until the end of the day?

What's the rules with regards to the players that [MENTION=1284]moggy[/MENTION] has picked? Do Peter Sayer, Joe Corrigan, Sergey Gotsmanov, Neil McNab and Craig Noone go back on the market?

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Shame for [MENTION=1284]moggy[/MENTION] to miss out. Can't we give some grace until the end of the day?

What's the rules with regards to the players that [MENTION=1284]moggy[/MENTION] has picked? Do Peter Sayer, Joe Corrigan, Sergey Gotsmanov, Neil McNab and Craig Noone go back on the market?

No, all it means is that he falls out of the pecking order to keep things moving. As soon as he's online he can pick but obviously the longer he is absent the more potential picks he misses out on

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea

Moggy is still in the game, he gets the picked he missed once he gets online. It's just to keep it going. He could be offline for a couple of days which would kill the game.

Braders was only kicked as he missed the first two drafts and as far as I/we could tell he wasn't coming back.

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
While we wait:

1. MattBackHome - Bobby Zamora, Vicente, Garry Nelson, Paul Watson, Jeff Minton
2. StripeyShark - Mark Lawrenson, Ben Roberts, Inigo Calderon, Ashley Barnes, Adam Virgo
3. [MENTION=1958]Gazwag[/MENTION] - Wayne Bridge, John Keeley, Brian Horton, Glenn Murray, Kurt Nogan
4. ShaolinPunk - Peter Ward, Steve Foster, Steve Sidwell, Will Buckley, Mark Beeney, Gordon Greer
5. [MENTION=1284]moggy[/MENTION] - Peter Sayer, Joe Corrigan, Sergey Gotsmanov, Neil McNab, Craig Noone
6. Mr.Mero/Rohana - Liam Bridcutt, Jimmy Case, Peter O'Sullivan, Guy Butters, Danny Cullip, Gary Hart
7. Turienzo's Lovechild - Matthew Upson, Elliott Bennett, Simon Morgan, Richard Carpenter, Nicky Forster, Paul Brooker
9. Hamilton - Steve Penny, Bobby Smith, Graham Moseley, Martin Keown, Danny Wilson, Adam El Abd
10. Albionalex - Leo Ulloa, Tom Kuszczak, Paul McShane, Tony Grealish, Stuart Storer, Steve Gatting
11. Kazenga - Michael Kuipers, Chris Ramsey, Eric Young, Kazenga LuaLua, Leon Knight, Justin Fashanu

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Next for me is a defender who made his debut at the tender age of 17 and made 133 appearances for the club. He was player of the year in that infamous 82/83 season and scored the 87th minute equaliser in the cup final. He also made 7 appearances for England and travelled to the Word Cup finals in 1986.

Category 1 - Has played for Brighton at least 50 times. BRIAN HORTON
Category 3 - Has received a full International cap during his career. GARY STEVENS
Category 5 - Has never played in the Top English Division
Category 6 - Played in at least 4 different seasons for Brighton JOHN KEELEY
Category 7 - Has never been promoted or relegated with Brighton KURT NOGAN
Category 8 - Has been loaned to Brighton WAYNE BRIDGE
Category 9 - Has scored 10 or more goals in a season for Brighton GLENN MURRAY
Category 11 - Has played a home game for us at two or more stadiums

article-0-00029F2A00000258-704_233x368.jpg
93576374-gary-stevens-of-brighton-scores-his-teams-gettyimages.jpg

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Next for me is a defender who made his debut at the tender age of 17 and made 133 appearances for the club. He was player of the year in that infamous 82/83 season and scored the 87th minute equaliser in the cup final. He also made 7 appearances for England and travelled to the Word Cup finals in 1986.

Category 1 - Has played for Brighton at least 50 times. BRIAN HORTON
Category 3 - Has received a full International cap during his career. GARY STEVENS
Category 5 - Has never played in the Top English Division
Category 6 - Played in at least 4 different seasons for Brighton JOHN KEELEY
Category 7 - Has never been promoted or relegated with Brighton KURT NOGAN
Category 8 - Has been loaned to Brighton WAYNE BRIDGE
Category 9 - Has scored 10 or more goals in a season for Brighton GLENN MURRAY
Category 11 - Has played a home game for us at two or more stadiums

article-0-00029F2A00000258-704_233x368.jpg
93576374-gary-stevens-of-brighton-scores-his-teams-gettyimages.jpg

Very very very good. Was on my list. Will now have to revert to another choice.

He scored on his debut at Ipswich who had released him. Bobby Robson couldn't fit him in. Allegedly he stuck two fingers up at the director's box (but he can't recall doing so).

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Very very very good. Was on my list. Will now have to revert to another choice.

He scored on his debut at Ipswich who had released him. Bobby Robson couldn't fit him in. Allegedly he stuck two fingers up at the director's box (but he can't recall doing so).

Not quite, when I was researching him I found this

Into the fray stepped Stevens, who two years ago was on schoolboy forms at Ipswich only to be rejected by manager Bobby Robson. At the parting, he wished Stevens well. Robson had been perfectly fair. In his opinion there was no future for Stevens, particularly with George Burley a permanent fixture in the League side. He also doubted Stevens’ physical qualities were enough for the pro game.

By sheer coincidence, Stevens, then an apprentice, made his League debut in the 2-0 defeat of Ipswich at the Goldstone on September 15.

He was subsequently offered and accepted full pro terms by Alan Mullery, and shortly before the return match both managers and Stevens met in the tunnel.

Young Gary and his former boss shook hands, and Robson again wished him well.

Once on the field, he went to right back. John Gregory moving up, and Albion started to push Ipswich back once more. Then, with referee Jeff Bray looking at his watch, Brian Horton clipped a short ball to Gregory who promptly knocked it inside for Stevens.

By this time, he was on the edge of the box, and without more ado he hit a right-footed shot that corkscrewed away from Paul Cooper.

As the ball hit the net, Stevens leapt and gave a jubilant V-sign to the crowd. No disrespect was intended. It was his first league goal, and over in the opposite stand his mum and dad went wild.

So did a few hundred Albion fans, who had seen their side claw a way back into an evil-tempered but rousing match. For Stevens, it was a story-book finish. He won’t be 18 until the end of next month, and to score in such circumstances bordered on fantasy.

‘I thought the keeper was going to save it,’ he said. ‘It’s funny, but when it went in I instinctively turned to the part of the ground where I used to watch with my old friends.’

Maybe I'm taking this game too seriously :lolol:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not quite, when I was researching him I found this

Maybe I'm taking this game too seriously :lolol:

No you are not. This is exactly the way it should be treated. My reading on Albion players past and present has gone through the roof in the last few days. I was even considering opting for Pat Farrell as my player who had played for us at more than one ground. Who the hell is Pat Farrell? You'll have to go back to 1898 and the formation of Brighton United. The big question for me with Pat was whether he had played for the Albion at some point during their early days at the Hove County Ground before they moved to the Goldstone. Alas he had not.

However, Pat was a great centre half. He had played for Woolwich Arsenal and the Lisburn Distillery. A proud Irishman, he stayed in Sussex and died in Hove in 1950.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Glad people are getting in to the game. One of those things that was either going to catch on or be a flop.

Got a couple of ideas for future drafts. You think you're googling/wikipediaing random people now, you just wait. :lol:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
My turn then. I'll have our current assistant and controversial figure, NATHAN JONES.

I need a left back, they're running out. And I used to enjoy watching him play.

View attachment 51822

Oct 25, 2003
Glad people are getting in to the game. One of those things that was either going to catch on or be a flop.

Got a couple of ideas for future drafts. You think you're googling/wikipediaing random people now, you just wait. :lol:

it's been one of the highlights of my LIFE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here