Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All-Seater Stadia (ASS)..This is why I miss the Terraces. Liverpool FC-The Kop Crowd.

HackneyMan

Sep 21, 2010
Put "Liverpool FC-The Kop Crowd" into You Tube and see the serried ranks of 28,000 Kopites behind the goal swaying and singing in 1964.

Or put Liverpool v St.Etienne in to see how "We Shall Not Be Moved" should really be sung!

I'm not a Liverpool fan but the atmosphere is so much better than the sanitised, soulless and ( relatively ) silent Stadia that we have today.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Or go and play them off the park, score twice, and you'd hear a f***ing pin drop.

Liverpool's kop = overrated.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The Kop was something to behold before Hillborough.

Different vibe now completely. Everton have a point these days when they sing "spot the scouser on the Kop"

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It didn't the other week against Steau Bucharest. Utterly silent on a "European night".

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Blah blah blah.

Tell you what most Euro countries breath a sigh of relief when Liverpool are OUT of Europe when their fans THIEVE their way across the continent.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hence the 'big European night' as said. The knock out stages of the Champions League is what I meant. Last years semi-final of the Europa League was dire in the Kop.

Nowadays Steau Bucharest IS a big european night for Liverpool. So what if they can make a noise for a game in the latter stages of the CL? What club wouldn't?

They beat Steau 4-1, it should've been a fantastic atmosphere. It was rubbish.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Nowadays Steau Bucharest IS a big european night for Liverpool. So what if they can make a noise for a game in the latter stages of the CL? What club wouldn't?

They beat Steau 4-1, it should've been a fantastic atmosphere. It was rubbish.

I agree. Steau aren't a nothing team like they were treated. I think the attendance was only about 20,000 too, which is incredibly poor for a team of Liverpool's size.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Or go and play them off the park, score twice, and you'd hear a f***ing pin drop.

Oh yes! John Byrne's diving header in front of 7,000 Albions fans who went absolutely mental.

What a game that was...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

happy days.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oh yes! John Byrne's diving header in front of 7,000 Albions fans who went absolutely mental.

What a game that was...

oh yes!!!!

...and Johny Crumplin dummying barnes in the corner by us....marvellous

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here