Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] All kicking off in Moulsecoomb

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
A relatively small point I know, but The Argus is reporting a police raid in Norwich Drive, Moulsecoomb. Norwich Drive is generally understood as part of Bevendean.
I think you’ve shook a hornets nest here, I grew up In Moulsecoombe (don’t argue with the spelling though, rightly or wrongly that’s how I’ve spelt it for over 50 years) Birdham Rd, no getting out of where that is however my wife is from Medmerry Hill, she calls it Higher Bevendean, a mate has referred to Balcombe Rd as Coldean and a bloke at work said he lived in Bevendean and when someone asked which part, he replied Staplefied Drive. 🤣

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think you’ve shook a hornets nest here, I grew up In Moulsecoombe (don’t argue with the spelling though, rightly or wrongly that’s how I’ve spelt it for over 50 years) Birdham Rd, no getting out of where that is however my wife is from Medmerry Hill, she calls it Higher Bevendean, a mate has referred to Balcombe Rd as Coldean and a bloke at work said he lived in Bevendean and when someone asked which part, he replied Staplefied Drive. 🤣
I'm convinced Higher Bevendean doesn't really exist. Sure, the local post office is labelled higher bevendean, but it feels like that is just to keep the locals happy. It was invented by people too embarrassed to admit they live in Moulsecoomb. (I believe where I grew up was fradulently considered 'higher bevendean' but I always said I lived in Moulsecoomb).

But Norwich drive is separated from Moulsecoomb by a field, I'm pretty sure, as @Cheggers says, that's always been considered Bevendean.

Last edited:

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
I'm convinced Higher Bevendean doesn't really exist. Sure, the local post office is labelled higher bevendean, but it feels like that is just to keep the locals happy. It was invented by people to embarrassed to admit they live in Moulsecoomb. (I believe where I grew up was fradulently considered 'higher bevendean' but I always said I lived in Moulsecoomb).

But Norwich drive is separated from Moulsecoomb by a field, I'm pretty sure, as @Cheggers says, that's always been considered Bevendean.
Widdicombe Way calling in for the debate. Most certainly Higher Bevendean. Complicated by the The Bevendean Pub which was most certainly located in Moulsecoomb.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Believe it or not, Staplefield Drive...or parts of it, is Higher Bevendean!
I know!

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Where I used to live in Moulsecoombe was definitely Higher Bevendean!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Widdicombe Way calling in for the debate. Most certainly Higher Bevendean. Complicated by the The Bevendean Pub which was most certainly located in Moulsecoomb.
I have lived in Widdicombe Way, Higher Bevendean for nearly forty years. It used to be a nice family road. Now every other house is full of students and dodgy characters. Not long ago one night we had armed police outside with a helicopter hovering above. The house opposite was growing cannabis and a rival gang had tried to kick the front door in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here