Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] All I want in the Europa League knockout round is...

All I want in the Europa League knockout round is...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
:facepalm:

What is it with scare-mongering?

Marseille was supposed to be the most dangerous place on earth. Then Amsterdam, then Athens……

It will be fine.
It’s usually from people who are most unlikely to go, having never been anywhere outside of the Costa de Sol on holiday before.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s usually from people who are most unlikely to go, having never been anywhere outside of the Costa de Sol on holiday before.
Fair point.

I guess it’s also what you’re familiar with. Brighton probably feels weird, dangerous and edgy if you’re from a sleepy village in the west country.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
It's going to be bloody Marseille isn't it. How annoying would that be! Bizarre they can rule out other English teams in this round but not a team you've already played. Crazy UEFA strikes again.

For ease of getting to and a winnable game Lens has to be the pick?
We cannot play Marseille in the last 16.

1702721002542.jpeg

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Fair point.

I guess it’s also what you’re familiar with. Brighton probably feels weird, dangerous and edgy if you’re from a sleepy village in the west country.
As a resident of a sleepy village in the West Country, I can tell you that it gets pretty edgy down here. A couple of guys almost had an argument outside the pub last night. Plus, someone thought they saw a foreigner last week - turned out the local electrician had been to Tenerife, and come back with a tan…

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

Attachments

• 1BDFB1E1-14D2-4138-B960-A5C333175788.png
    1BDFB1E1-14D2-4138-B960-A5C333175788.png
    833.5 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: GOM

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
I want to win this, this is a major trophy I still see it as the uefa cup let’s win this more “easier “ teams the better

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The guy interviewing Joao Pedro and De Zerbi on TNT last night kept on saying Brighton were in this Monday's draw, for the play-off round. Not sure who he was. His interviewing technique suggested they picked him out of the crowd to do the gig just after the final whistle had been blown.

I agree, he was terrible

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
some tinpot rubbish that advances us to the last 8
Young Boys, obviously. Then watch like a hawk for any signs of knowingness from sorts in the media. Then get them Rodney Marshed. As we progress to the next round.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I want to win this, this is a major trophy I still see it as the uefa cup let’s win this more “easier “ teams the better
How many of the "hard" teams do you think want to play us?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
In the past have taken very little interest in European competitions until quarters. Now we are in it am pleased the rules suit us but now realise what a farce it is to get to last 16 and there will be 8 sides we cant play. Talk about doing everything to help bigger clubs. Appreciate with so many teams why early stages are seeded but surely should be a free draw for last 16. I suppose its all about powers that be do everything possible to get 4 big teams in semis

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
In the past have taken very little interest in European competitions until quarters. Now we are in it am pleased the rules suit us but now realise what a farce it is to get to last 16 and there will be 8 sides we cant play. Talk about doing everything to help bigger clubs. Appreciate with so many teams why early stages are seeded but surely should be a free draw for last 16. I suppose its all about powers that be do everything possible to get 4 big teams in semis
But I think it's also meant to be to improve the group stages. Topping the group means seeding, and theoretically a better chance of progressing to the quarters - which means we have group match endings like the other night. Take away the seeding for the winners, and there's a bit less incentive to win the group - leading to more lacklustre finishes?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Marseille was supposed to be the most dangerous place on earth. Then Amsterdam, then Athens……

It will be fine.
Brighton fans seem so basic sometimes. Baku is most likely much safer than Brighton. As a lot of these rich middle eastern countries actually punish criminals properly, therefore people are detered far more from doing stupid shiz.

Doug-ees-evil

Nov 18, 2011

It will be fine.
Fair play. Wasn’t meant to big up the threat to scare off. I agree - these tactics certainly caused many not to go to Marseille as there were a few hundred seats left weren’t there?. It’s new to most people, only natural to get a bit of apprehension, but yes, 99% of the time it is fine.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I know a Chelsea STH who went to Baku when they played in the Champions League.

Said it was incredible, people were great and lots to do.

Not like the Villa fans in Bosnia the other day!!!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I know a Chelsea STH who went to Baku when they played in the Champions League.

Said it was incredible, people were great and lots to do.

Not like the Villa fans in Bosnia the other day!!!!
I'd not heard anything about they trip, so just looked it up.

Friendly. 😂

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Brighton fans seem so basic sometimes. Baku is most likely much safer than Brighton. As a lot of these rich middle eastern countries actually punish criminals properly, therefore people are detered far more from doing stupid shiz.
I went to Baku to see England play about 20 years or so ago. Fascinating place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here