[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
You see football is a lot more than just stats. This is why AJ looks so good, playing in what is a lower level in Holland, I imagine we went with the ‘moneyball’ approach, and then scouted.

Although Bissouma looks poorer shot wise, his running is creating space for other players. Today we were able to work the ball wide, as he was drawing people out of position.

Turn it on its head defensively I think Propper is weak, doesn’t track well and loses concentration, which is another reason I’m on the fence.

Football is a lot more than just stats, yes. But we can use stats when people like you make statements which are factually incorrect i.e Propper doesn't contribute.

In terms of his defensive work? I agree, definitely not his strong suit.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Football is a lot more than just stats, yes. But we can use stats when people like you make statements which are factually incorrect i.e Propper doesn't contribute.

In terms of his defensive work? I agree, definitely not his strong suit.

Factually incorrect? what based on his impact in the final third and defensively where it matters most.

‘People like You?! - sounds a bit aggressive 😉

I like Propper and maybe out of the three we discussed I’ve probably been harshest on him, so may be you are right.....
He’ll probably be off at the end of the season.

I didn’t put him in the poor pile after all. 😃

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Messi and Ronaldo miss more than they score.

Depends on the quality of chance.....

I rarely watch Barce or Juve, so can only comment on Brighton. I feel confident that a younger Murray would have done better....

Last edited:

Machi

Sep 18, 2020
Hove
Giving him chances is a joke!! I don't care if he is a nice bloke, he is NOT A PREMIER LEAGUE LEVEL at all!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Fairly anonymous, apart from one time he let it roll under his feet.

I don't really see why he jumped in front of some others

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Destroyed our momentum, but that is down to Potter not AJ, who simply remains not good enough.

AJ got very little time, so difficult to criticise.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Get a grip, FFS.

The game was muntered long before he came on.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Parandeh_Daryayi

Jul 24, 2018
Silicon Valley
Why is Ali always the scapegoat with this fan base? Dude just came back from a injury and was wearing bands on his hamstrings.

If it wasnt for the block from Cahill he would have netted a goal.
As a collictive whole the squad has issues. BHA can have CR7 and still pull shit like this, the locker room culture is vile i assume.

This loss was 100% on the defense, Burn gave Benteke way too much space on that post.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports