Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Why does so much of our play rely on the left side ? Time and again Ryan kicks/throws to that side, when there is acres of space on the right......opposition scouts earning their corn !

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Potter's constant tinkering with the team is now starting to hurt us, perhaps. How on earth Jahanbacksh didn't deserve a start today I'll never know. I wonder what it must be like being in the squad - it must feel a bit like russion roulette at times. Bissouma, as another example. One minute it seems like he's back in the frame to start, now back on the bench and didn't even get on today when we were crying out for more pace

Yes, I was thinking pretty much the same.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
You can see he’s got quality on the ball.

He’s a good super sub. Perfect for a stretched game where he’s got the time and space he needs to pick his pass.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Showed more quality as a winger in his brief cameo than March did all game. Did March really get the sponsors MOTM?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Showed more quality as a winger in his brief cameo than March did all game. Did March really get the sponsors MOTM?

Who was more deserving?

Today wasn't a day for the MOTM award. :down:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who was more deserving?

Today wasn't a day for the MOTM award. :down:

It wasn’t anywhere near being March in this household, a winger who can’t cross the ball to an Albion player, or even make a threatening cross. He infuriates me, so much skill so little brain power

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He looks like he believes he's capable of playing at this level in the last couple of months, think that's the key difference

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
A positive Jahanbakhsh thread, morphs into an avenue for the Solly haters to vent their spleens. Good old NSC.

I’d like to see Solly and Ali dovetailing - why? Because I like the word dovetailing.

Indeed; I rather think I’d ask the whole team to dovetail in perfect harmony.

Now is the time.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
A star today. He’s proving myself and others wrong.

He has got talent would prefer to see him on the right hand side instead of Schelloto as a wing back .He just tries to get crosses in keeping it simple but varies it hence dangerous low crosses .With Trossard on the left and Ali J on the right we have good balance although Trossard moves over to the right sometimes ,in fact Ali J nearly slid a pass into him on that side .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He has got talent would prefer to see him on the right hand side instead of Schelloto as a wing back .He just tries to get crosses in keeping it simple but varies it hence dangerous low crosses .With Trossard on the left and Ali J on the right we have good balance although Trossard moves over to the right sometimes ,in fact Ali J nearly slid a pass into him on that side .

Can Jahanbakhsh defend for 90 minutes?

G.Neville and L.Dixon know as much as anyone, and they’re very clear that a RB or RWB’s number one duty is still to defend.

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
He is worth a start at the moment Ali J

Really? He put 1 decent cross in. What about the mis placed passes, awful crosses either too long or straight to the keeper. And the fact he can't beat a man and slows the whole game down. He's never a premier league player and a couple of good goals doesn't make him so.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Can Jahanbakhsh defend for 90 minutes?

G.Neville and L.Dixon know as much as anyone, and they’re very clear that a RB or RWB’s number one duty is still to defend.

Not in this team.

Football has changed since Dixon and Neville were playing

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Really? He put 1 decent cross in. What about the mis placed passes, awful crosses either too long or straight to the keeper. And the fact he can't beat a man and slows the whole game down. He's never a premier league player and a couple of good goals doesn't make him so.

Odd generic user name. Usually that sort of format is used by Palace.

Anyway, there is a big difference between the Ali J of last season and the Ali J of this season. The Ali J last season had no confidence and no real bond with the fans. And he had 0 goals and 0 assists.

The Ali J (when he has played) this season now has 2 goals and a slightly lucky assist and has celebrated all of them like one of us. That Potter isn't using this to his advantage and starting him every game is STAGGERING.

Before my old chums on this thread start cracking open the hand cream that doesn't mean I rate him much higher than I have but the point is he is confident and motivated whereas another, more talented, player - lets call him Leandro T - can't be ****ing arsed to work a hair on his centre parted Belgian head.

We are in a relegation battle that we are likely to lose because our remaining home games read like running a marathon dressed as a Unicorn followed by scaling the north face of the Eigar in a Ronald McDonald costume, including shoes. It's time to forget what has gone before and go with people we think are up for a fight. Ali J looks like he is. Trossard isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here