Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Just imagine if Solly had Paul Watson’s delivery!!!

Suspect those div 3 or 4 full backs gave Watto a bit more time to get his head up than Solly gets.

Also having a striker to hit with height and a standard of movement 3 divisions above where he was playing helped as well.

I say the above as a huge Watto fan!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Contract extension?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I thought Ali J had an excellent game tonight. Can pick out passes that some of our other players (eg Trossard) can’t. Agonisingly close to scoring. GP clearly holds him in high esteem considering he’s played a role in quite a few of our recent games and is keeping others like Ali Mac and Jose out of the squad.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I genuinely believe with the same opportunities he’d outscore and out assist Trossard.

He looked hungry and sharp tonight. I’d like to see him play the next two games.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I suppose everyone will say that's the exception that proves the rule but that was a very decent 45 minutes of play from our Ali.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Really? Thought he was pretty average first half, I lost count of the number of times he received it in a half decent poition, stood flat footed for a second or two then passed it a long way back. He doesnt seem to have the creativity to pick a pass or make a clever run of the likes of Gross or Lallana, he doesn't have the speed of a March or Trossard to carry the ball... He has superb technique but the rest of his game just isn't good enough for that to come to the fore and never well be. Tonight was another case of why we need to get rid, these are tired end of season matches where a player like Ali J or Tau who is coming in fresh should really be able to get a grip of the games if they're worth hanging onto. I don't see that from AJ, was the same last season and nothing will change if we hang onto him.

Which is a shame because I find him very likeable, really enjoy his technique but he's just never going to cut it in the premier league with us.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The thing with Ali J is in open play he can look pretty poor / average but still manages to cut out some pretty big chances or opportunities which is what we have been lacking in a lot of games

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yeh, don't see that he did anything to enhance his cause tonight.

At least he wasn't wing back though

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Hmmm really not sure about him and that is the problem. I thought his decision making on crosses was poor - he tends to blast it across face of goal but normally too close to the keeper.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Jimmy Grimble

The thing with Ali J is in open play he can look pretty poor / average but still manages to cut out some pretty big chances or opportunities which is what we have been lacking in a lot of games

Think this is an accurate summary.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Yeah, really. In an average game full of average performances, who else, other than goalscorer Welbeck, who otherwise had an average game, do you think outshone Ali? He was confident, inventive and attacking, and almost scored a nice goal. What else do you expect from a winger?

Tough crowd, you lot.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here