Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I doubt it. You only have to watch the gif - the centre half is far too slow to see the danger, and then when gets there he is totally wrong footed and does the sort of skid you might see on Scooby Doo and gifts Leicester's new man about 5 yards of space.

That's the thing with Portugal/Netherlands/Belgium - it's not that there aren't some very good sides in those leagues, it's just that half the league is genuinely League One standard.

Oh very much so.
But then again over half the Premier League is indistinguishable from the top half of the Championship.

Anyway my post was more of a little wallow on Pascal's greatness for turning players inside out, than a critique of Premier League defenders.

As you say it won't be long before we see how much space Dunk & Duffy give him. :lol:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I doubt it. You only have to watch the gif - the centre half is far too slow to see the danger, and then when gets there he is totally wrong footed and does the sort of skid you might see on Scooby Doo and gifts Leicester's new man about 5 yards of space.

That's the thing with Portugal/Netherlands/Belgium - it's not that there aren't some very good sides in those leagues, it's just that half the league is genuinely League One standard.

Am I going mad? That is not a centre half.

I don't think a PL central MIDFIELDER is going to get beaten that easily, but probably more easily than any prem CB.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Oh very much so.
But then again over half the Premier League is indistinguishable from the top half of the Championship.

Anyway my post was more of a little wallow on Pascal's greatness for turning players inside out, than a critique of Premier League defenders.

As you say it won't be long before we see how much space Dunk & Duffy give him. :lol:

It's Pascal's deceptive speed.

No-one expects him to do it quite that slowly (twice) :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's Pascal's deceptive speed.

No-one expects him to do it quite that slowly (twice) :thumbsup:
God I so loves those turns.

I'll gonna get so titsy if there isn't at least one a game next season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh very much so.

Er, no it isn't. Last season, WBA were gash all season, while Stoke and Swansea both huffed and puffed and looked ordinary. It was criminal how the next worst side - Southampton - were ever playing as badly. But of the teams that went down, Stoke are favourites for coming back up despite having lost their best player.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Er, no it isn't. Last season, WBA were gash all season, while Stoke and Swansea both huffed and puffed and looked ordinary. It was criminal how the next worst side - Southampton - were ever playing as badly. But of the teams that went down, Stoke are favourites for coming back up despite having lost their best player.
Weren't Villa, 12 months ago?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Am I going mad? That is not a centre half.

I don't think a PL central MIDFIELDER is going to get beaten that easily, but probably more easily than any prem CB.

Yes we all now know he is a midfielder, as someone mentioned it ten minutes ago. It wasn't obvious from the footage though, where he rushes out from a line made up of his two centre backs. I had assumed he was a third centre back.

Regardless, and as you say, no player in the Prem is likely to defend like that.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
God I so loves those turns.

I'll gonna get so titsy if there isn't at least one a game next season.

Same, someone needs to make a montage.

gross_spurs.gif

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Can't stand it any longer,off to paint the kitchen ceiling and watch it dry.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Oh very much so.
But then again over half the Premier League is indistinguishable from the top half of the Championship

Absolute nonsense. Look at the kind of players we have signed. Do you really think players in the top half of the Championship (say, Derby) are just as good? Total and utter bollocks.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Same, someone needs to make a montage.

gross_spurs.gif

Love his Cruyff turn but I don't think he will get away with it so often now that Premier League defenders have had a season to study his witchcraft up close.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Absolute nonsense. Look at the kind of players we have signed. Do you really think players in the top half of the Championship (say, Derby) are just as good? Total and utter bollocks.

This.

Pure drivel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here