Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Had that discussion earlier in the thread, that was some time ago...... [emoji2]

Hope you are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too many posts to trawl through...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Covering the Albion is the last thing the Argus does really, really well. I think it would have been closed down by Newsquest were it not for our club. And Andy Naylor.

Westie is right on one point though.

I have no idea what the Argus gains from an almost unusable online presence.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I certainly think those that only want players who truly want to play for Brighton & Hove Albion FC are being a bit idealistic. Different players will have different priorities in terms of what they are looking for with money, chance of first team football, playing in the Premier League and international recognition all factoring to some degree or another from most I suspect.

However, I can't imagine too many of our foreign imports grew up with a dream of pulling on our particular blue and white stripes and plying their trade in leafy Sussex.

Clearly you didn't read the interview with Yves Bissouma after he signed

Reporter: "So, Yves. Welcome to the club. Do you have any messages for the fans?"

Yves: "Yes Graham, I do. Today I have completed a dream. I remember as a young child, playing football in the streets of Issia in 2003, all my friends had 'Drogba' and 'Dindane' on the back of their shirts but I had Pethick. Brighton were relegated but they had wonderful talents like Shaun Wilkinson, Chris McPhee and Steve Melton. I felt it was one the great injustices in recent football and that team had a real place in my heart., Ever since then I have simply been striving to play for the blue and white soldiers. Everything has simply been a step to get here and that is why I have signed a 13 year contract. I will never leave this club."

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would like to go back to the days when the first thing you knew we had a new player, was a John Vinnicombe exclusive on the back page of the Argus.
I find this whole twitter, instagram, etc far too stressful.

I've deleted my Instagram account today. It only had 6 photos, but I was hacked overnight. One less stressful thing to worry about.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Clearly you didn't read the interview with Yves Bissouma after he signed

Reporter: "So, Yves. Welcome to the club. Do you have any messages for the fans?"

Yves: "Yes Graham, I do. Today I have completed a dream. I remember as a young child, playing football in the streets of Issia in 2003, all my friends had 'Drogba' and 'Dindane' on the back of their shirts but I had Pethick. Brighton were relegated but they had wonderful talents like Shaun Wilkinson, Chris McPhee and Steve Melton. I felt it was one the great injustices in recent football and that team had a real place in my heart., Ever since then I have simply been striving to play for the blue and white soldiers. Everything has simply been a step to get here and that is why I have signed a 13 year contract. I will never leave this club."

13 years ?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Just arrived, what's happened so far today? Any news?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Advertising revenue?

Perhaps they'd get more revenue if I was more inclined to visit their website? As it is I just get the gist of things posted on here rather than clicking through to their website because I know it is an abomination of web design.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
well where do I start? we drew with Pompey 1-1, angry farmers in tour de France, bornmuff signing someone and yes its still hot outside... apart from that nothing important.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Hi guys,
I‘m a swiss-iranian fan and also member of persianfootball.com.
I‘m following your thread for days. I have to admit that at the beginning I was hoping that Jahanbakhsh moves to Leicester but after reading your forum and the one of the Leicester fans I really hope he comes to Brighton! You seem like really good fans and I have the feeling that Jahanbakhsh is much more welcomed by you.
Actually, I have a good feeling that the conformation will come today or tomorrow. You should be ready to receive thousands of new iranian fans and all your instagram posts will be full of persian comments :)
I hope the transfer is officiall as soon as possible and that I can stay in this forum.

Go Brighton! :albion2:

And a big welcome from me. Lets hope he signs for us.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Thinking about the difficulty with pronouncing his name (for some) I don’t much like Ally jaffacakes. IF he comes, how about Persian Ali....

Could be sung as:

Derup, der rup da,
Derup, der rup da,
Derup, der rup da,
Derup, der rup da,
Ali,
Oh Persian Ali,
Runs down the wing for me...
(Repeated...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here