Alireza Jahanbakhsh 1.4million

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It wasnt, but others spend their time looking for mistakes to try to show their superior knowledge. I wouldnt have said that my post gave any more hope than had been expressed previously.

I read your post and though 'wicked' then saw it was you and thought I'd double check. Then couldn't see a tweet and assumed you'd meant no other club had BID for him as Naylor had tweeted that morning (and I'd already seen it!) There's a huge difference in nobody else interested and nobody else has bid. Sorry not meaning to pick but your post was well wrong mate!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps my view is different I do not consider a club interested until they have placed a bid showing real interest rather than passing as happens when you walk past a car showroom and casually look at a car to see what they have at your price.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Perhaps my view is different I do not consider a club interested until they have placed a bid showing real interest rather than passing as happens when you walk past a car showroom and casually look at a car to see what they have at your price.
You are right. Clubs are not interested until they submit a bid. However, in this case we do not know if any clubs submitted bids which were not accepted.

Which means they could come back with improved bids.

The bigger point is that I hope the albion get this signing over the line. The longer it drags on, the more like the VVD saga it will become.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are right. Clubs are not interested until they submit a bid. However, in this case we do not know if any clubs submitted bids which were not accepted.

Which means they could come back with improved bids.

The bigger point is that I hope the albion get this signing over the line. The longer it drags on, the more like the VVD saga it will become.

Thank you somebody who share my view. Like you I am hopeful of a positive outcome.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Of course clubs can be interested in a player without having placed a bid!!!! It's called the process before making a bid?!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anything is better than writing 'i made a mistake'.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When we bought our new car we looked at many makes although we knew we wanted a Kia Picanto we were not really interested just a casual interest the same applies with players.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When we bought our new car we looked at many makes although we knew we wanted a Kia Picanto we were not really interested just a casual interest the same applies with players.

So, you were interested in the Kia Picanto, but didn't make a bid for it right away - you had a look at a few others first?

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
zzzz to the last few pages.
Any ideas when we get the news?
it would be great to land a wide player who might contribute a decent amount of goals and assists

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No we had found out the price etc for the Kia and agreed we wanted it bidding didnt come into it, and just looked at the others in passing, out of interest to make sure we had opted for the one we wanted. We wer not really interested in the others.sufficient to alter our thinking and not regretting the purchase after.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No we had found out the price etc for the Kia and agreed we wanted it bidding didnt come into it, and just looked at the others in passing, out of interest to make sure we had opted for the one we wanted. We wer not really interested in the others.sufficient to alter our thinking and not regretting the purchase after.

OK, so you didn't "bid on it" I was wrong to word it like that (there you go, Stat). But that is a small technicality that doesn't undermine the general gist of my post (that sounds so familiar).

The general gist is this: You were interested in one car - you were almost certain you were going to buy it (that can't be anything other than "being interested in it") but you held off on actually buying it, so you could check a few others out - just in case, then went back and bought the kia.

You are an example of being interested in something but shopping around first, proving the point you are trying to argue against: You don't have to lay money down (or agree a fee) to be "interested" in buying something/a player.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Please don't tell me The Argus comments section is our main source of transfer knowledge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports