Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alireza Jahanbakhsh 1.4million

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
When are they going to wake up and smell the coffee,we still need strikers that can actually score sometimes,relegation next season if the club still have not learnt anything over the last 3 seasons

I think it is important to have more than 1 supply line in terms of goals. When we played Bournemouth at the AMEX they had 6 players on the pitch that had scored more goals than out top scorer. If this lad can chip in with 10-15 from out wide and can assist the same then things will look a lot brighter.

I've just reread the article in the Argus. Of course it may not be 100% accurate but assuming for the moment it is, two things are imprtant.

We have agreed a fee. This means that only two things are outstanding, for the player to agree and to pass a medical. OK it's still possible another club will make a higher offer but the last paragraph is very interesting. It says other clubs WERE interested, not ARE interested. Maybe this deal does only depend on the player agreeing and passing a medical. I read somewhere (probably on here) that the player was flying in to talk to the club.

Maybe it's going to happen.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You made a post that wasn't quite accurate - no big deal IMO. Someone's picked you up on the inaccuracy, as is the NSC way. Again, no big deal. Why you're now standing by that post as if it was important I have no idea. If another club had scouted the player, decided they were interested in buying the player, and made an offer of £1.2m, it's fair to say that club was interested in him.
The difference being that you are not trying to prove your superior knowledge as per others. Is there any indication shown that any other club has attempted to sign him and submitted an offer, by my reading of the tweet it doesnt appear so or am I grossly mistaken. FWIW I think that we need a supply of balls to the front man/men coming in much quicker than they have in the past.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You made a post that wasn't quite accurate - no big deal IMO. Someone's picked you up on the inaccuracy, as is the NSC way. Again, no big deal. Why you're now standing by that post as if it was important I have no idea. If another club had scouted the player, decided they were interested in buying the player, and made an offer of £1.2m, it's fair to say that club was interested in him.

I always find the inability of many (perhaps that should be most) posters to say 'wow I got that wrong' very bizarre.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is there any indication shown that any other club has attempted to sign him and submitted an offer, by my reading of the tweet it doesnt appear so or am I grossly mistaken.
There may or may not have been, I have no idea. Often these things are kept quiet by the bidding clubs, and an agent or selling club may leak the bids in order to encourage others. With our bid made, I doubt they'd want to leak lower bids from other clubs, even if there have been any.

I accept that my post may have been not 100% correct but essentially it was and the gist of the tweet was correct bar the finer details.
I think it was the gist, you certainly didn't need to apologise about it, but sticking to it like it was 100% correct just makes it worse for you. It would have been easier just to respond to HKFC with 'fair point', and that would have been it. No loss of face, no drama, no big deal.

I'm sure we'd all like to sign him, and we all know too well that we can always get outbid, so many of us don't like to count our chickens. I don't want to get my hopes up about any potential signing, so I don't want to believe that no other clubs have expressed any interest in one of our targets. We'll just have to wait and see, and hope for the best, with this and all our other targets.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If a top Dutch club need a winger we will be stuffed and maybe if a German club do as well. Less than 50/50.

Celtic have been associated with so many players, he is less associated than most. Norwich have Redmond and a couple of Murphies.

I would be unhappy if he signs for a rival like Sheff Wednesday.

Last edited:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Strikers will score goals if they get the service.

We averaged 14.5 shots per league game last season, which was the ninth best average in the Championship. (An average of four of these were off target per game)

In contrast, we only scored 44 goals over the season, with only four teams scoring fewer.

The stats show our strikers' profligacy was the problem, not a lack of chances to score.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
We averaged 14.5 shots per league game last season, which was the ninth best average in the Championship. (An average of four of these were off target per game)

In contrast, we only scored 44 goals over the season, with only four teams scoring fewer.

The stats show our strikers' profligacy was the problem, not a lack of chances to score.

Hold on though, that statistic is deeply flawed as youre presuming that those shots were by strikers arent you?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Far too much bangers for a div 2 Dutch player...didn't we do this wit Colunga? ?

Last season this lad came second in the Eredivisie Young Player of the Year award, behind Memphis Depay. There are a lot of very good young players in that league.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Sadly I'm not sure if shots on or off target really represents "chances"
So often we seemed to spend so much time passing (slowly) sideways and backwards before giving up and hitting a no real hope ball in the general direction of goal. :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sadly I'm not sure if shots on or off target really represents "chances"
So often we seemed to spend so much time passing (slowly) sideways and backwards before giving up and hitting a no real hope ball in the general direction of goal. :shrug:

Sadly, this sums up most of the last couple of seasons

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that although shots per game looks good it wouldnt be so if you restricted it to good clear opportunities that you would expect to score from than miss. A shot from the edge of the area with a ball coming out from the defence or a corner is a chance but not so compared to a parry by the keeper or header dropping into the 6 yd box. To me they are the real chances that we need to capitalise on the long range shots are a bonus.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What I said was exactly correct passing observation is no indication of interest this is only such when an enquiry has been made and a fee stated and agreed. We could have an interest in signing Adebayor but if a fee isnt agreed that passing interest is neglibible.

I do wish some of the posters 1in particular, would spend more time on posting things that may be of interest rather than continually trying to show how clever they are. In this case how pathetic and insecure he is.

Not sure if it's myself or HKFC you're referring to but fact is you again wrote something that wasn't correct and may even give fans false hope. It was corrected swiftly. It's about the 100th time I've seen you relay inaccurate stuff as fact so I'd say I have every right to point that out? If it was me you were talking about I'll happily continue this...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure if it's myself or HKFC you're referring to but fact is you again wrote something that wasn't correct and may even give fans false hope. It was corrected swiftly. It's about the 100th time I've seen you relay inaccurate stuff as fact so I'd say I have every right to point that out? If it was me you were talking about I'll happily continue this...

It wasnt, but others spend their time looking for mistakes to try to show their superior knowledge. I wouldnt have said that my post gave any more hope than had been expressed previously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here