Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alireza Jahanbakhsh 1.4million

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Hopefully bloom and co have learnt their lesson from the Van Dijk saga. A few more thousands and we would have had a chance of signing him, now he's being touted around for £7-8m. Let's not make the same mistake again.

Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 18.02.51.png

I like the fact that "thick as too short planks" is a saying in Dutch as well.
I'm look forward to someone tweeting "I'll drive him there myself" in Dutch next :moo:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
View attachment 65843

I like the fact that "thick as too short planks" is a saying in Dutch as well.
I'm look forward to someone tweeting "I'll drive him there myself" in Dutch next :moo:

How do you say were loose in Dutch?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Remember some saying the same about Noone when he went for £1m. Hopefully we can sell <inserts chap's name> the premier league dream and get him in.
TBH the sale has to be Ulloa, and we the fans have to be considerably less 'precious' about it. (not easy I know)

Sign for us.
You're pretty much guaranteed games.
If you're good enough but we're not, you'll be off to the Premier League for £10m.

It's just business.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
TBH the sale has to be Ulloa, and we the fans have to be considerably less 'precious' about it. (not easy I know)

Sign for us.
You're pretty much guaranteed games.
If you're good enough but we're not, you'll be off to the Premier League for £10m.

It's just business.

Stat ----- you really need to get on your bike----- you sound like a manic depressive ffs!!!!
:drink:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If we sign it then it would suggest we are going for it this time.

If we don't then we maybe we are not.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Are we not 'going for it' every time?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Absolutely.

With the 1901 renewals next summer, if ever there was a particular year to go for it, this is the one.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Absolutely.

With the 1901 renewals next summer, if ever there was a particular year to go for it, this is the one.

Renewal date can't be summer, more like March 1 , so I think we will be top on Feb 28 and fade to 7th when marquee loan players get sent back March 2nd

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Renewal date can't be summer, more like March 1 , so I think we will be top on Feb 28 and fade to 7th when marquee loan players get sent back March 2nd
You reckon they'd care more about the 10-15m from 1901 renewals than the potential 100s of millions for getting into the Premier League?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
A bit more from the Argus

Albion have stepped up their efforts to add width to the squad with a seven-figure bid for Dutch-based Iran international Alireza Jahanbakhsh.

They have also been linked in unconfirmed reports with a £1 million move for Sheffield United’s flying Scotsman Jamie Murphy.

The Seagulls are understood to have made an offer in excess of £1.4 million for Jahanbakhsh, which has been accepted by promoted NEC Nijmegen.

The Argus can reveal they have already held talks at the Amex with Amir Hashemi, the manager and mentor of the 21-year-old.

Jahanbakhsh is also wanted by other clubs in Holland and Belgium and Russian giants Spartak Moscow. Norwich and Celtic have been linked with him as well.

Hashemi has told The Argus in an exclusive interview Albion have a “50-50” chance of completing the deal.

Jahanbakhsh is likely to fly to England himself for discussions with Albion boss Chris Hughton, who is back at his desk today after a holiday.

Murphy, meanwhile, is reportedly the subject of a £1 million offer from Albion.

The 25-year-old, signed from Motherwell in January 2013, scored 12 goals for Sheffield United this season as they missed out on promotion from League One in the play-offs.

Nigel Adkins has just taken charge at Bramall Lane from the sacked Nigel Clough, who was keen to buy Albion striker Chris O’Grady after borrowing him this season.

Albion sold right-winger Will Buckley to Sunderland in August.

They plugged the gap with loan signings, bringing Elliott Bennett back to the club from Norwich, then Emmanuel Ledesma and Mustapha Carayol from Middlesbrough.

Left-sided Kazenga LuaLua is the only natural wing option currently available to Hughton, although injury-plagued prospect Solly March can operate in wide areas.

Hughton used striker Sam Baldock as an emergency winger before his season was cut short by a knee problem.

Pay-out clauses negotiated by Albion for Premier League survival when they sold Buckley to Sunderland and Leo Ulloa to Leicester will help finance Hughton’s plans to strengthen the squad which struggled in the Championship this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A bit more from the Argus

That doesn't half read like the fella is just being whored round Europe by his mentor.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The Argus can reveal they have already held talks at the Amex with Amir Hashemi, the manager and mentor of the 21-year-old.
Jahanbakhsh is also wanted by other clubs in Holland and Belgium and Russian giants Spartak Moscow. Norwich and Celtic have been linked with him as well.
Hashemi has told The Argus in an exclusive interview Albion have a “50-50” chance of completing the deal.
Jahanbakhsh is likely to fly to England himself for discussions with Albion boss Chris Hughton, who is back at his desk today after a holiday.

50/50 chance...... That is code for you are our starting point to get the bidding frenzy underway which you ultimately will have no chance (hope i eat my words) in winning, but thanks for the interest.....

Next

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

50/50 chance...... That is code for you are our starting point to get the bidding frenzy underway which you ultimately will have no chance (hope i eat my words) in winning, but thanks for the interest.....

Next

It certainly implies he 'found' the Albion instead of being scouted as a target.
It's a real shame as I firmly believe he has everything a club in our position should be looking for.

- Young.
- International experience.
- Making his mark in a lower division.
- Physically fit.
- Hungry for English football.

The Albion offer him game time and a profile.
If he wants to make the most of that it's a win/win.

Although his manager is giving the impression of a man looking to shoot straight to the top and hope AJ hangs on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here