Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alexis Nicholas

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Apologies if covered elsewhere, but I was less than impressed with Alexis last night.

I've read plenty of criticism of Knight and CKR on here, in terms of attitude and performance. Personally I think they both contributed and yes CKR is young and needs to work on a few things (pace, aerial competitiveness).

But Nicholas IMHO stood out as the poorest out there. I remember reading people asking why he hasn't had a chance to show what he can do. He hasn't managed to oust Chippy or Charlie, and they're barely championship material in honesty, and we saw why last night.

Ineffective, no composure when passing (but then Hammond and Reid suffer a bit from that as well), chasing shadows, no presence, jumping tackles, tickling the feet of the opposition on the ball instead of block tackling, poor standard of distribution, scared of going forward.

Not impressed IMHO. Like to see Hammond a bit sharper mentally in the middle as well, but can't accuse him like Nicholas of giving us nothing.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Far more worried about Reid's contribution at the moment. He seems unable to pass the ball to his own teammates - he's had two or three poor games now, surely he's coming under some pressure for his place?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I thought he started dreadfully but got much better as the game went on. He covered a lot of ground and put in some tackles.

Give him a chance, it was his first full game for about seven or eight months.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Not sure that it helps in that he is playing left back and yet has not left foot.

does he wear a synthetic one then? :wave:

sorry :rolleyes: :lolol:

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Herne Hill Seagull said:
Far more worried about Reid's contribution at the moment. He seems unable to pass the ball to his own teammates - he's had two or three poor games now, surely he's coming under some pressure for his place?

He is being asked to play out of position, I don't really know what you would expect. the ball is being passed to his wrong foot. I think he is doing very well considering.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its Reid or Kerry

You choose.

As for Nicolas, well im prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
nicolas was ok, when he actually heads the ball it will be helpful though

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Gwylan said:
I thought he started dreadfully but got much better as the game went on. He covered a lot of ground and put in some tackles.

Give him a chance, it was his first full game for about seven or eight months.

I thought virtually the opposite. The first 20 minutes I thought they came at us very well, and we all struggled a bit, but then I thought Nicolas played really well. But tired towards the end and the play seem to be coming through areas he no longer had the legs to cover.

Not a criticism, as it was bound to happen in his first game for ages.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Repugnant Toad said:
Thought he was excellent. Him or McShane MOM for me.

Agreed.

Particularly in the second half, I thought Nicolas was the only midfielder actually chasing the ball and putting in tackles. Hammond was well below par.

Reidy certainly seems to need a rest or to switch back to the right. A left back he most certainly isn't.

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
I thought Nicolas did ok, he was quitely effective in playing the Oatway-style role. His job last night was to zip in for tackles, press when we didn't have the ball and if he won it, lay it off to one of our more creative players. I thought he did that quite well.

He is never going to be the creative player we are crying out for, but he was in there to do Charlies job

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I thought Nicolas played well too, he seemed to lose confidence a bit when the whole team went pear shaped, especially Reidy ( iknow hes out of position and it showed last night), Richards and Hammond.

Well played Alexis, expect to see it get even better with a few first team games under our belts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here