• With a big bad Booooo!

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • With Gallic indifference

Votes: 47 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
It’ll be very interesting to see what happens after the Chelsea game. RDZ spoke equally highly above Caicedo but he’s going to get absolute dogs abuse at The Amex.
Is he really? I think most people here saw his messy departure as a mixture of his naivety and manipulation by his greedy agent.

When it comes to the Chelsea fixture he and Colwill will get a pass and most fans ire will be directed at Sanchez and Cucurella

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is he really? I think most people here saw his messy departure as a mixture of his naivety and manipulation by his greedy agent.

When it comes to the Chelsea fixture he and Colwill will get a pass and most fans ire will be directed at Sanchez and Cucurella
Doubt it. Got booed throughout the Carabao game a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It’s really interesting stuff like this. Carragher said on commentary he needed to liven up and couldn’t understand why Klopp hasn’t taken him off yet
Yep carragher was asked what he thought of maccer before the game and he just kept saying that's hes 'playing out of position at the moment'. You've got to be very special to be a standout at Liverpool. Maccer ain't that player, he's one of the players that is holding them back from being city/arsenal level at the moment.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
In 1863 the very first game of football was played in the UK. My guess is that in all the time since then no team has done a lap of honour with a member of the opposition amongst them. Yes, teams have walked around after a draw perhaps, but just one player in the arms of the other manager, never.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It goes without saying I booed until I ran out of breath.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
He's welcome to come back at any time.
Absolutely. He's the only one that handled things well really (even Ben White's agent went on SSN when Leeds were drooling to talk about how a deal could happen). Even at the end of last season, when we all knew he was going to get a great move to a bigger club, he was still singing the Albion praises and saying if the move wasn't right he'd be more than happy to stay. A rare personality in football.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Another side point. His best position for us was defensive mid wasn't it? He was hopeless further forward (without Messi) as he can't shoot.

I see pool fans are making excuses for him saying he's being played out of position at the moment!

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Another side point. His best position for us was defensive mid wasn't it? He was hopeless further forward (without Messi) as he can't shoot.

I see pool fans are making excuses for him saying he's being played out of position at the moment!

Yep I've seen this take from Liverpool fans on social media and speaking to southern scousers that I know.

He was definitely best as a deeper lying midfielder alongside Caicedo pre world cup. I would say they were almost the perfect "double pivot" in terms of a mix of their individual capabilities. Post world cup it seems that De Zerbi wanted to play him in his preferred position further forward, and I thought he was quite average, which is why, when he left I wasn't that bothered other than him obviously being a great bloke, I didn't think we were losing that much from the team. Caicedo was and is, unfortunately a different case in both respects...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

No, I don't think that's quite right.

To me a defensive midfielders primary job is to protect the defense and break up play. If that's what you think his role for the Albion was it's no wonder you don't rate him.

Mac Allister played in front of the back four but his main role was to instigate and link play. He had a fabulous passing range and was able to receive the ball anywhere on the pitch under pressure and either pass or wriggle his way out of trouble, keeping us in control and moving forward.

When he played in the world cup it wasn't messi that allowed him to play so well(although it can't but help having messi nearby) but having De Paul play as a ball winning central midfielder. Mac allister played on the left of a three man midfield and was able to do what he does best.

Basically, play him next to a ball winner and he'll be excellent. Play him as the ball winner and he'll be average.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Yep I've seen this take from Liverpool fans on social media and speaking to southern scousers that I know.

He was definitely best as a deeper lying midfielder alongside Caicedo pre world cup. I would say they were almost the perfect "double pivot" in terms of a mix of their individual capabilities. Post world cup it seems that De Zerbi wanted to play him in his preferred position further forward, and I thought he was quite average, which is why, when he left I wasn't that bothered other than him obviously being a great bloke, I didn't think we were losing that much from the team. Caicedo was and is, unfortunately a different case in both respects...
Totally in agreement. I loved Mac, but the bigger loss by some substantial distance was Caicedo. There simply aren’t many players like him in the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here