Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Fantastic to see his reaction. He is going to get better and better. Superb player who wants to do well for himself, the team and fans. He handled lock down so well considering the complexities for him. Would love to see him thrive but it is a congested midfield atm. Hopefully cup games will mean he, moder, caciedo and others can stake their claim as starters through good performances. And they might not always be playing in midfield...

Burnley steward applauding the goal at about 1 minute 40.:clap2:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Strange player I really want to love him but he often seems anonymous in games. Fingers crossed he kicks on this season.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

It's funny how we can see the same games so differently. I always think he does something every time he plays. A ridiculous volleyed pass, a goal, an incisive pass, a flick, a run.

Maybe I just get dazzled by that and he does nothing else. I dunno. I'm all aboard the Ally Mac hype train though, I think he's got the potential to be an excellent player for us.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
His eye for a goal and late movement into the box is his main attribute and should mean that he gets more game time than he misses. Ferocious competition for places in his position though.

I'd just add that he tends to play some good, quick, one-touch football in the final third. Combined with great vision and the appropriate teammates (Lallana and Welbeck for instance) our attack can feel much faster, fluid and threatening. I'm a big fan of this guy.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It's funny how we can see the same games so differently. I always think he does something every time he plays. A ridiculous volleyed pass, a goal, an incisive pass, a flick, a run.

Maybe I just get dazzled by that and he does nothing else. I dunno. I'm all aboard the Ally Mac hype train though, I think he's got the potential to be an excellent player for us.
I guess he doesn't stand out quite as much as lallana and Bissouma (yet). However both those two players are WORLD class.

(Never thought I would ever say that about 2 Brighton players)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I guess he doesn't stand out quite as much as lallana and Bissouma (yet). However both those two players are WORLD class.

(Never thought I would ever say that about 2 Brighton players)

That's true, he hasn't dominated games like those two. He always looks tidy to me with a flash of quality once or twice a game. If he can show that quality consistently throughout the game then he's going to be a big player and smashing the door down for a starting place.

I'm really excited to see him play more.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
He has real quality and has developed well physically and now seems to be able to cope with the pace of the Premier League. The goal he scored looks fairly simple but actually to connect that well with a cross and hit the ball so cleanly and hard showed great skill and composure. His run was perfectly timed too. Exciting to have so much talent in and around the team. Glad I don't have to pick the team and manage those players not getting a regular start.
Hopefully we'll see some of the fringe players get a full game in the cup match against Cardiff. Looking forward to seeing Moisés Caicedo in particular.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

His movement is superb. The way he ghosted past his marker for his goal was sublime.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
His movement is superb. The way he ghosted past his marker for his goal was sublime.
All 4 of his goals for us so far have been as a result of arriving at just the right time to connect with a nicely centred cross (or loose ball in the case of the equaliser at Palace). If we can harness that ability on an increasingly regular basis it could go some way to resolving our goals shortage from midfield..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All 4 of his goals for us so far have been as a result of arriving at just the right time to connect with a nicely centred cross (or loose ball in the case of the equaliser at Palace). If we can harness that ability on an increasingly regular basis it could go some way to resolving our goals shortage from midfield..
I would be happy to see him as part of a front three if we're playing 3-4-3 (quite likely) or 4-3-3 (less likely). Mac Allister, Maupay and Moder maybe?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He has real quality and has developed well physically and now seems to be able to cope with the pace of the Premier League. The goal he scored looks fairly simple but actually to connect that well with a cross and hit the ball so cleanly and hard showed great skill and composure. His run was perfectly timed too. Exciting to have so much talent in and around the team. Glad I don't have to pick the team and manage those players not getting a regular start.
Hopefully we'll see some of the fringe players get a full game in the cup match against Cardiff. Looking forward to seeing Moisés Caicedo in particular.

Despite having watched the goal about ten times, I'm still unsure of the trajectory of the ball. I'm pretty sure it went through the defender's legs (Tarkowski?), but can't work out where it went in relation to Pope. Be great if someone could unearth a slo-mo of it.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Despite having watched the goal about ten times, I'm still unsure of the trajectory of the ball. I'm pretty sure it went through the defender's legs (Tarkowski?), but can't work out where it went in relation to Pope. Be great if someone could unearth a slo-mo of it.
You're right that it went between Tarkowski's legs - and it flashed past Pope's right hand side before he could even react. Certainly caught off guard by the speed of it all as the shot was pretty much down the middle of the goal.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I would be happy to see him as part of a front three if we're playing 3-4-3 (quite likely) or 4-3-3 (less likely). Mac Allister, Maupay and Moder maybe?

That front three sounds good..... I really like MacAllisters attitude too, up for it and shows it, a real team player.

I dont know if its just me, but Trossard's body language often just seems a bit off, a bit too languid and disinterested.

Im sure he does care but his body language, like when subbed on Saturday, often looks like he's not that arsed??

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You're right that it went between Tarkowski's legs - and it flashed past Pope's right hand side before he could even react. Certainly caught off guard by the speed of it all as the shot was pretty much down the middle of the goal.

Thanking you kindly. I'll take another look now, armed with the insight from your superior visionary powers*

*Don't get too carried away. This is a comparative statement, and the comparison is with me.

Edit: just watched it several times, and you're right on it going past Pope's right hand. It was hit hard from about 7 yards out, so difficult one for the keeper to spot and stop.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
That front three sounds good..... I really like MacAllisters attitude too, up for it and shows it, a real team player.

I dont know if its just me, but Trossard's body language often just seems a bit off, a bit too languid and disinterested.

Im sure he does care but his body language, like when subbed on Saturday, often looks like he's not that arsed??

He always looks like a pissed off teenager to me when he gets subbed.

'DAD! You're so unfair! you always sub me!'

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

And you could argue were a result of fast, decisive passing, getting behind the defenders, thus stopping the oppo getting men between the shot taker and the goal. It struck me that this was the key against Burnley on Saturday in the second half. We broke the line (Biss and then Webster) and got on with it rather than dithering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here