Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I do not feel he plays enough games and also "enough of the games he plays in" to really judge either way. He is able to break up play, pass, create space and put a good free kick in. Give him time to find his feet and this can only really be done by with more match time.

But will he get that match time at the Albion? So much competition in his positions at the moment, I can't see him getting a run. It's a bit cheicken & egg isn't it.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I am a little disappointed that Lallana and Gross were picked ahead of him so regularly and Mac was kept on the sidelines. He's only young though, and ultimately the manager knows what the players need - but I would have thought it makes more longer term sense to give him a run of games than playing the old guard and blocking his path. I'm hoping we'll see more of him this season as I think he's got all the potential in the world.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
With all the talk of Lamptey, The Computer, Ben White leaving and finding a striker, Alexis has slightly gone under the radar in some ways. Now he’s settled he may have a massive season for us.

“I feel settled in Brighton. My girlfriend and I are very happy in the city. I feel comfortable at the club and I'm going step-by-step with the language.

“We like to go to restaurants, the beach and the pier! We have found a few places that we enjoy. It’s a lovely city with very kind people.

“It has been a tough 18 months because of the strange situation with the pandemic, but I am looking forward to next season, and to try and bring my family here so they can get to know the club a lot better."

The Argentina international was involved in some big games for Albion last season, including the 1-1 draw at Crystal Palace, in which he scored a late equaliser, and the emphatic 3-2 win over Manchester City.

“Against Crystal Palace and against Manchester City, they were the two best moments of the season for me.
“Against City, how we won, it was fantastic, that was the game of the year. It was a special moment in my career; you want to play against the best teams and we did really well against one of the best in the world. We enjoyed it a lot.
“Looking to the new season I want to play every match, to help the team, to support my teammates and achieve the aim of being in the top ten in the Premier League.”

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see the best of him until he's mid/late twenties, maybe even into his 30's. He has all the talent but is still learning how to use his abilities in the most effective way. I do think he'll be some player.

Can't wait (and pay him) until he's in his 30s. If that's the best we/he can hope for he might as well leave and go and be a big player somewhere else.

Our loss if we let that happen.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I like him, I think he's got real quality. I'm not 100% sure where he fits into the team but I hope potter finds a way because I think he can be a really good player for us.

I forgot that he's only been here for 18 months and that it has coincided with the entire pandemic.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Can't wait (and pay him) until he's in his 30s. If that's the best we/he can hope for he might as well leave and go and be a big player somewhere else.

Our loss if we let that happen.

I wasn't suggesting we wait. It's a big step in terms of physicality and stamina from playing Argentine football to Premier League and it's particularly hard for midfielders. I think Alexis is getting there and will do well for us. What I'm suggesting is that if his ceiling is where I think it is, he probably won't be at Brighton when he reaches his peak.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Liking the preview in the Aussie sporting press ;

"Argentina's squad is shorn of star names - with the likes of Lionel Messi and Carlos Tevez having been selected in the past - but will feature talented Brighton attacker Alexis Mac Allister and a host of names plying their trade in their home nation".

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I like him the best out of our forwards.

He's the one who isn't sulky, never looks disinterested and always works his butt off for the whole time he's on the pitch even if it's not going his way.

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017

Fantastic to see his reaction. He is going to get better and better. Superb player who wants to do well for himself, the team and fans. He handled lock down so well considering the complexities for him. Would love to see him thrive but it is a congested midfield atm. Hopefully cup games will mean he, moder, caciedo and others can stake their claim as starters through good performances. And they might not always be playing in midfield...

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I like him the best out of our forwards.

He's the one who isn't sulky, never looks disinterested and always works his butt off for the whole time he's on the pitch even if it's not going his way.

I can see him being rotated in and out with the other (about 6) who are looking to play in those 3/4 attacking midfield positions.

His eye for a goal and late movement into the box is his main attribute and should mean that he gets more game time than he misses. Ferocious competition for places in his position though.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Strange player I really want to love him but he often seems anonymous in games. Fingers crossed he kicks on this season.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Hope he can keep it up! Massive potential and think we'll see more from his this season than last.

The competition in midfield really is murderous though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here