[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Definitely, really important. Not his best game last night as unusually his touch let him down a few times but he was still finding clever pockets of space and overall you can see he's got so much class and potential. Because he looks older, you do have to remind yourself he is only 22 and this is his first full season here so there is definitely more to come too.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Alexis has shared on Instagram that he’s going to participate in the Olympic Games in Tokyo. Talks about how much it means to him and that he thanks Brighton and Hove Albion for helping achieve his dream.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
What do we think of Alexis? Showed flashes of real skill last season but it felt like he could be bullied off the ball at times. Wasn't a nailed on starter by any means. Not scoring enough goals.

Will this be his breakthrough season? Will he get the opportunities (as our midfield options continue to expand)? Will he be the key player we all hoped he'd be or continue as a good squad option? I can't decide which way he might go.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Hi is still getting used to the strength and sheer physicality of the league. Sadly Alireza could not get used to it. I remember Jordan Henderson knocking Ali for 6 ,not a foul bur sheer strength.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What do we think of Alexis? Showed flashes of real skill last season but it felt like he could be bullied off the ball at times. Wasn't a nailed on starter by any means. Not scoring enough goals.

Will this be his breakthrough season? Will he get the opportunities (as our midfield options continue to expand)? Will he be the key player we all hoped he'd be or continue as a good squad option? I can't decide which way he might go.

when are the olympics ...?? he's going to be there for a while.....+ quaranteeining , again.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Flashes of brilliance but in general I didnt think he was especially good. He is only 22 though and got all the ingredients to turn into a great player - maybe we'll see more of it next season, maybe next. If he's failed to establish him in/near the starting eleven by January, I wouldnt mind if he spent six months on loan in one of the other top 5 leagues.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Hi is still getting used to the strength and sheer physicality of the league. Sadly Alireza could not get used to it. I remember Jordan Henderson knocking Ali for 6 ,not a foul bur sheer strength.

30 appearances across the end of 2019/20 and the whole of 2020/21. Should be aclimatised by now? He's 23 in December. This has to be his break out season I think.

And I really want him to do well. Love watching him play and know he has it in him to be a match winner.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Don't know. It's a shame he's not here for pre-season. It's nice that we've let him go to the Olympics - or is that a sign that Potter doesn't regard him as an important member of the squad? Don't think we've seen the best of him yet. Doesn't fit in with potterball? Potter just not using him right? Heaven knows - I certainly don't!

Really would like to see him come through and shine this season. Goal scoring midfielders would make such a difference to us!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Don't know. It's a shame he's not here for pre-season. It's nice that we've let him go to the Olympics - or is that a sign that Potter doesn't regard him as an important member of the squad? Don't think we've seen the best of him yet. Doesn't fit in with potterball? Potter just not using him right? Heaven knows - I certainly don't!

Really would like to see him come through and shine this season. Goal scoring midfielders would make such a difference to us!

This, in spades.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I've got a mate who once listened to Tim Vickery on a podcast and he reckons he's shitehouse :moo:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see the best of him until he's mid/late twenties, maybe even into his 30's. He has all the talent but is still learning how to use his abilities in the most effective way. I do think he'll be some player.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
I do not feel he plays enough games and also "enough of the games he plays in" to really judge either way. He is able to break up play, pass, create space and put a good free kick in. Give him time to find his feet and this can only really be done by with more match time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports