Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Some great touches and through balls, feel he's playing a bit in Pascal's shadow especially when in the same team. Is he finding his feet and voice in the team?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Produced a couple of excellent tackles tonight, on top of his attacking exploits (I think it was him who put Trossard away for that attempted curler in the first half).

I alluded to it last night in the match thread, there was absolutely no way De Bruyne’s indirect free kick was getting beyond Mac, the determination in his face was exactly what I crave from our players. Strong performance and should keep his place.
I’m sure when he was signed Tim Vickery said his preferred position was central and not on the wing.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
good performance last night.

Nt been his biggest fan and thought he has been a bit Ali J up to now but seems to of knuckled down and is looking to push on a bit.

Looks to be a valid squad member based on that.

Pleased for him and pleased hopefully my doubts could be wrong.

Keep it going

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really hope he gets a chance in that central position against Leeds and/or Fulham.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
And he’s still only 22.

Another young player. What an exciting squad we’re building here.

I always forget how young he is because he looks like he's in his 40's.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Sanchez
Webster - Dunk - White
Lamptey - Bissouma - AlexMac - March
Tau - Lallana
Welbeck

If we can get that team on the pitch consistently we won’t go down.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I seem to remember that, when we signed him, an expert on South American football, perhaps Tim Vickery advised that Ali Mac is a decent player in a few midfield positions, but that to realise his true value, you have to play him in a central attacking role. Last night seemed to support this. I wonder if, at some point, we could be seeing him play centrally in front of Bissouma and Moder in holding roles. It's so frustrating seeing so much potential, but the potential payback in results being just a little out of reach.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
I alluded to it last night in the match thread, there was absolutely no way De Bruyne’s indirect free kick was getting beyond Mac, the determination in his face was exactly what I crave from our players. Strong performance and should keep his place.
I’m sure when he was signed Tim Vickery said his preferred position was central and not on the wing.

I have always thought that when Lallana comes off with his usual injury ,Mac is the natural Player to replace him .He needs to be in there controlling things and give him plenty of game time . With the new additions our squad is slightly better IMO .Our out of Sorts players Maupay and Trossard need to snap out it and have belief in them selves and have the Tennis mentality ,forget the last point and move on . Once a Player gets desperate and over thinks things they can get into a rut it`s hard to get out of .

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Sanchez
Webster - Dunk - White
Tau - Lallana
Welbeck

BIG IF on DW and AL though
So I’m hoping Moder hits the ground running push Alex Mac up for AL
And we can get Neils mojo back or Zeqri exceeds expectations

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Sanchez
Webster - Dunk - White
Tau - Lallana
Welbeck

Be tempted to swap Lallana with Mac. I don't think Mac plays well unless you give him the number 10 position.

Otherwise I like this. Particularly as Lallana, Welbeck, Tau and Mac all can play fast one touch football - speed up the final third (and Lamptey of course).

Been wondering how people feel about Maupay? Seems so inconsistent. Love his passion (and if the half time team talk at Wolves is true then he's a great asset in the dressing room). Mostly I see a guy who struggles to find space, can't finish, and can't thread the simplest of forward passes / assists in and around the box. But he sometimes will have a great game.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Sanchez
Webster - Dunk - White
Tau - Lallana
Welbeck

I really hope Potter goes with this lineup. Tau can also play as a striker alongside Wellbeck, so it can also change to a 3-5-1-2.

integrating Lallana and Mac Allister is a bit tricky, as both are most effective in the same AM role, but in the CM role I think Mac Allister is probably more effective than Lallana.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here