Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It is probably worth repeating that when Mac Allister got his permit back in January, his father stated that it was only good for six months and there was no guarantee that a new permit would be granted:-

Player’s father confirms offer from Brighton, says work permit could be an issue

Something interesting claimed by Carlos is that Mac Allister only has a work permit for the next six months, and it’s not guaranteed he’ll be in the same position at the start of next season.

“Today he does not have a community (EU) passport and we don’t know if the permit will be granted after June. Why? Because today, the FA gives it to him for having played most of the games of the last tournament, because he started semifinals of Copa Libertadores, because he was called up to the national team and because Brighton are willing to grant him a special contract that is required. We don’t know if all these conditions are going to happen in June. That’s the only issue that makes noise today.”

It had previously been reported the player had obtained an EU passport.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure he'll be expected to run the show on Thursday.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A few 'rubbished' my suggestion, but I do think the club would have been pissed off being in a fairly secure bubble - that Alex Mac invited his mate round who flew over from Germany to spend some time in his flat

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
A few 'rubbished' my suggestion, but I do think the club would have been pissed off being in a fairly secure bubble - that Alex Mac invited his mate round who flew over from Germany to spend some time in his flat

Which was later found on social media ... because ... well .. he put it on social media

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

How was it rubbished?

He’s bang to rights, he is in a bubble with our squad and our squad only and has broken it. I assume he will have had to isolate due to this (similar to Foden and Greenwood) for a period of time.

I can’t recall the timeline and whether this sits with his appearances at our friendlies though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How was it rubbished?

He’s bang to rights, he is in a bubble with our squad and our squad only and has broken it. I assume he will have had to isolate due to this (similar to Foden and Greenwood) for a period of time.

I can’t recall the timeline and whether this sits with his appearances at our friendlies though?

Can't be arsed to find it - but a few posters didn't think the club would have any issue in it, as it was no different to catching up with anyone, they get tested regularly etc.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Can't be arsed to find it - but a few posters didn't think the club would have any issue in it, as it was no different to catching up with anyone, they get tested regularly etc.

Suppose he may have asked before and got approval before hand from the club (assuming the German bubbles are similar) so maybe I am doing him a disservice?

Could be that the indentation was to play the same formation against Portsmouth with him playing in the AL role, which based on last night is more important now.

I would like to see him behind a front two centrally as recently he had been used on the left

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here