Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
its a funny one , over the years I've witnessed hundreds , possibly thousands of dud players we've acquired that we've all hoped / expected to do things.

They all need time at the start and its interesting the different points people write them off. The crap eventually get written off by all but sometimes people still wont accept it until they are gone.

The one thing in common all these players have is they are average at best from the start.

I'm not judging Mac yet , impossible to judge . I had hoped he would be that good he would be on it from the off. It's obviously going to be another slow burner which is a bit of a shame after the hype etc.

Time will tell. Really hope he proves to be an amazing signing

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I forget that he's only 21. Plenty of time to develop yet. Exciting.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
A player can only show their ability when they have time on the ball. Mac Allister is understandably still struggling to get that and will have to get used to the Premier League by creating his own space and time as he continues to improve next season

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good to see all the varied opinions after ONLY:-

277 (two hundred and seventy seven) of Premier League football.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Putting to one side the unfortunate timing with lock down the main issue is he arrived at a time that Potter was tinkering with the style of play to a pragmatic one due to the necessity of getting results. This has altered the expansive way he would prefer us to play. He also has swapped and changed the personnel not allowing any consistency. Now come close season Potter will be able to change the squad further to his ideal type of player. The new season I believe will see a more stabilised formation and personnel. This will include MacAllister where upon he will flourish, hopefully.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Alexis will be class for us. Surprised this is even in question.

Has shown glimpses of real quality in his cameos. He will get even better next season.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I like him: made the 2nd goal Vs Arsenal (it was class), and a great slide tackle at end of game, is surprisingly combative. It's a big �� from me!!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If he was Irish and called Darren Wandsworth people would be questioning it, but as he’s Argentinian, wears the 10 and has a flair name he’ll probably have a free pass for at least 2 years until anyone is allowed to critique him. :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he was Irish and called Darren Wandsworth people would be questioning it, but as he’s Argentinian, wears the 10 and has a flair name he’ll probably have a free pass for at least 2 years until anyone is allowed to critique him. :lolol:

I think there are already doubts and rumblings from some on NSC, he has had enough time to prove himself it seems. Not good enough, let’s get rid, who is driving him to wherever we can offload him? :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Free Pass + NSC = :lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I love how only Gross and Maupay are ahead of the ball.

Propper clearly thinks 'I'm having some of this'.
Then his inner Hughton kicks in and he's seems to be on the verge of stopping dead.

Isn't Propper pointing to Groß (whether Ali Mac needed the help or not)?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
its a funny one , over the years I've witnessed hundreds , possibly thousands of dud players we've acquired that we've all hoped / expected to do things.

I agree but can't recall any of them being Argentine and wearing the number 10 shirt :lolol:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Turienzo and Cristian Baz.

Pretty sure one of them was a 10 from Argentina

From Argentina, yes, but for...?

alexis-mac-allister.jpg

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

MacAllister is a flair name?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
How much more flair can it get?

Young
Beard
Number 10 shirt
Scottish-Argentinian hybrid
Skilful Attacking midfielder
Played for Boca Juniors

And his brother Kevin is a Hollywood movie legend, having starred in such blockbuster movies as:

• Home Alone
  • Home Alone 2: Lost In New York
  • Home Alone 4: Taking Back The House

...the list is ended!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here