Brighton
:thumbsup:

AMAC.gif

Thank you!

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
He's showing glimpses of what he's about, but he couldn't have had a trickier introduction to English football and life.

Joins up with squad in mid Feb after being away with the Argentina Olympic squad, couple of weeks to get used to everything and then makes a very promising cameo debut away to Wolves, suddenly football is stopped for god knows how long, no training etc for players. Then the whole country he's only just arrived in is put into lock down. Must have been very hard for someone so young cope with, being a new arrival in a foreign country, possibly with no family with him, and not being able to seem new team mates and forge those important relationships/friendships.

think he's coped remarkably all things considered. and kudos to potter for ignoring some of the shouts to stick him straight in at the deep end, think a lot of people were frustrated with our run of results and saw him as perhaps an instant solution/boost, which was never going to work. I do think however that he's already showing glimpses of ability in areas that our squad is very much lacking in

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chasing shadows.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Of course he's getting very well paid, but as we've seen with what Knocky went through, money doesn't make you immune to the challenges of mental health issues. Lockdown will have been tough for lots of people, especially pro sports people who are out training and competing every day. It could have been even harder for a young player in a foreign land where he may live alone and not have many close friends yet. Mac Allister looks like he's coped ok, but I bet he still had some tough days in lock down as we all did.

I agree but with modern technology to keep in contact with loved ones, a club which most probably looked after him in every way that was possible and a possible blossoming career in the richest League in the world does that not add up to a lesser chance of mental health issues as someone who lives in abject poverty, alone and not knowing if they have a job to return to after lockdown? Maybe not but he probably has been handle correctly by the club and has had every chance to sidestep problems that other circumstances could arise. Still tough for a nipper like you say though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I love how only Gross and Maupay are ahead of the ball.

Propper clearly thinks 'I'm having some of this'.
Then his inner Hughton kicks in and he's seems to be on the verge of stopping dead.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Sublime. Like to see him open his scoring account before the season is out

Hopefully with a stonking free kick.

There’s a touch of the Paul Scholes about him in stature, guile and no doubt fiery South American temper when riled. Also a smattering of the red hair about him, that will be his Scottish heritage.

Time will tell if he has the same engine but I hope so.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not sure if anyone was awake to see the phenomenal pass ally mac made last night. Would love to see it again.

I saw it. He does something like it in every game that he's in. The trouble is that he drifts in and out of matches. It could be that he's still getting to grips with English football: didn't Wenger say that it takes about half a season for a foreign player to get used to it (and he's had to cope with the lockdown too). He's clearly got an amazing amount of skill and real vision - if he can pick up the pace, we'll have some player.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I saw it. He does something like it in every game that he's in. The trouble is that he drifts in and out of matches. It could be that he's still getting to grips with English football: didn't Wenger say that it takes about half a season for a foreign player to get used to it (and he's had to cope with the lockdown too). He's clearly got an amazing amount of skill and real vision - if he can pick up the pace, we'll have some player.

I'm sure most of our fans are willing to give him time but unfortunately I've already seen two this morning writing him off.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
You can see he's got quality - touch, vision and technique - anyone writing him off at this stage doesn't have a clue.

This little run of games will have done him a lot of good and as he spends more time in this country and league he will only get better. I'm really excited about him and expect by the second half of next season we could see something really special.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I really think Trossard and he will become the most talked about players we have in time - Trossard next season and Macca shortly afterwards. The transition must be difficult - everything is new and as young men ( I know Trossard is mid-twenties) its not necessarily straightforward to adapt to a new life and cope with moving from a place where everyone is confident in you, to one where everyone is waiting for you to prove yourself. Add to that the fact that Macca has joined at the trickiest part of the season, where we have had less possession in many games, backs against the wall (or behind it vs. Man City/Utd) he has shown flashes that will grow with nurturing and experience.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I really think Trossard and he will become the most talked about players we have in time - Trossard next season and Macca shortly afterwards. The transition must be difficult - everything is new and as young men ( I know Trossard is mid-twenties) its not necessarily straightforward to adapt to a new life and cope with moving from a place where everyone is confident in you, to one where everyone is waiting for you to prove yourself. Add to that the fact that Macca has joined at the trickiest part of the season, where we have had less possession in many games, backs against the wall (or behind it vs. Man City/Utd) he has shown flashes that will grow with nurturing and experience.

Agreed, both Trossard and McAllister have shown touches and vision that are ahead of the rest of the team.
Hopefully they will form a good understanding and bring, Maupay, Connolly and others along with them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here