[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
He spotted a 30 yard forward pass from a tight spot, can't remember who to but think either Gross or Maupay. Completely removed their midfield from the game and should've resulted in a quick break for us but typically we wasted it!

I think it was to Gross who did a Murray and checked back inside due to lack of pace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I think it was to Gross who did a Murray and checked back inside due to lack of pace.

Yes, I seem to remember that. Lovely pass, loads of space to run at. 'Fly my pretty FLY...Oh, it's Gross. Never mind'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This would be the Gross who defended and battled harder than anyone else in the last 10 minutes and was still able to contribute in the attacking third as well.

Jocko will learn not to play that pass the Gross. :lol: :facepalm:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

That explains it! :lolol:

Yes, I seem to remember that. Lovely pass, loads of space to run at. 'Fly my pretty FLY...Oh, it's Gross. Never mind'

It really was. The vision was one thing but the way he executed it was quite stuning. It should have led to a counter but Gross was stuck in sand.

I suppose we could be generous and say that Gross held on to the ball and kept possession in the dying minutes of a game we were winning?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I suppose we could be generous and say that Gross held on to the ball and kept possession in the dying minutes of a game we were winning?

To be clear, it wasn't a criticism, just an acknowledgement of reality. Like Murray, Gross is a very good player in part because he understands his weaknesses and plays to his strengths.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

If Gross had pace he’d be playing at a higher level than us. Gross did what he had to do which was fair enough. If it was Maupay who received the pass he’d have driven forward another 40 yards to the corner flag and wasted vital seconds.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Gross had pace he’d be playing at a higher level than us. Gross did what he had to do which was fair enough. If it was Maupay who received the pass he’d have driven forward another 40 yards to the corner flag and wasted vital seconds.

There's absolutely no way on earth Maupay would have gone to the corner flag.
(Well there is one way, but I assume the corner flag didn't need taunting)

That lad can only see GOAL.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That was outrageous skill.. if anyone has a gif of that would be appreciated

No point asking anyone.

Ask [MENTION=13504]miffy6[/MENTION]

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
he definitely has something about him, a very neat backheel and and frankly world class pass yesterday in a cameo appearance, just need him to get up to speed with the pace of the English game and we'll have another gem on our hands.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
he definitely has something about him, a very neat backheel and and frankly world class pass yesterday in a cameo appearance, just need him to get up to speed with the pace of the English game and we'll have another gem on our hands.

He's showing glimpses of what he's about, but he couldn't have had a trickier introduction to English football and life.

Joins up with squad in mid Feb after being away with the Argentina Olympic squad, couple of weeks to get used to everything and then makes a very promising cameo debut away to Wolves, suddenly football is stopped for god knows how long, no training etc for players. Then the whole country he's only just arrived in is put into lock down. Must have been very hard for someone so young cope with, being a new arrival in a foreign country, possibly with no family with him, and not being able to seem new team mates and forge those important relationships/friendships.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
He's showing glimpses of what he's about, but he couldn't have had a trickier introduction to English football and life.

Joins up with squad in mid Feb after being away with the Argentina Olympic squad, couple of weeks to get used to everything and then makes a very promising cameo debut away to Wolves, suddenly football is stopped for god knows how long, no training etc for players. Then the whole country he's only just arrived in is put into lock down. Must have been very hard for someone so young cope with, being a new arrival in a foreign country, possibly with no family with him, and not being able to seem new team mates and forge those important relationships/friendships.

Yes it must have been difficult but on the flip side he is getting very well payed for something he loves doing.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yes it must have been difficult but on the flip side he is getting very well payed for something he loves doing.

Of course he's getting very well paid, but as we've seen with what Knocky went through, money doesn't make you immune to the challenges of mental health issues. Lockdown will have been tough for lots of people, especially pro sports people who are out training and competing every day. It could have been even harder for a young player in a foreign land where he may live alone and not have many close friends yet. Mac Allister looks like he's coped ok, but I bet he still had some tough days in lock down as we all did.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
That was outrageous skill.. if anyone has a gif of that would be appreciated

:thumbsup:

AMAC.gif

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

I think his father came over with him, so he maybe stayed during lockdown...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports