[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That will be tricky with only two CBs available today!
Yes true, I thought we were crying out for it today though.

Hopefully when Duffy and/or Burn are back we will switch.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Wonder if he was interested in us enough to watch our game on a dodgy stream in Argentina.

I would imagine he’d be preparing for the game he’s got tomorrow against Uruguay rather than watching our game. In fact as he’s a professional footballer I’d be disappointed if his focus right now was on anything other than the 3 games he’s got in the next week for Argentina.

Plenty of time for him to watch videos of how we play when he arrives at Lancing.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Tim Vickery talking about him here on football focus. Makes an interesting observation about where we need play him which suggests he needs to operator behind the striker rather than out wide

https://twitter.com/bbcmotd/status/1223581215715942401?s=21

Thanks for the link, very encouraging to hear.

We have something special on our hands with Alexis. Hopefully he can use this end of the season to be ready to hit the ground running the next.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would imagine he’d be preparing for the game he’s got tomorrow against Uruguay rather than watching our game. In fact as he’s a professional footballer I’d be disappointed if his focus right now was on anything other than the 3 games he’s got in the next week for Argentina.

Plenty of time for him to watch videos of how we play when he arrives at Lancing.

Not sure of time differences etc but if not actually training in Columbia and the game is being shown on TV live I would think that it is natural to want to watch who you were going to play with soon without it having any affect on what you are actually doing at the moment.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Will GP play him in his preferred position though? Who would be best option for the No.9 role if he plays in a No.10 position?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Will GP play him in his preferred position though? Who would be best option for the No.9 role if he plays in a No.10 position?

We'll settle on Left Back then

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Not sure of time differences etc but if not actually training in Columbia and the game is being shown on TV live I would think that it is natural to want to watch who you were going to play with soon without it having any affect on what you are actually doing at the moment.

Why the need to watch it live? It was 1000 Colombia time. As has been said his focus at the moment should be totally on playing for his country in that tournament, and the coaches will have set a strict schedule of training, gym, meals and rest. He’ll have many, many opportunities to watch a recording of that match and dozens of past ones too.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Should be back way before the 16th, Argentina’s final game in the Olympic Qualifiers is on Feb 9th. It’s not going to take a week to get back to England. He will arrive during our winter break so plenty of time for him to get to know the squad etc. Chance to become an instant hero on the 29th.

What's the format of the competition?

It looks like Argentina won their group, so are they playing Uruguay as a semi-final, or is it now a group consisting of the winners and runners up of both groups?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
What's the format of the competition?

It looks like Argentina won their group, so are they playing Uruguay as a semi-final, or is it now a group consisting of the winners and runners up of both groups?

Another group stage between the winners and runners up from each group. So Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay and Colombia. They all play each other once and the top two qualify for the Olympic Games. Games are being played on the 3rd, 6th and 9th of Feb.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Vickery called him McAllister, as in Gary, I was under the impression it was more like MacAlleester. Anyone know for sure ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports