[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
True, I guess they only need to name him in the squad

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
They don't even have to name him as he counts as U21..

I'm sure they will say something tonight, but the 11pm deadline isn't really significant for that...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
**EMBARGOED 11PM**

MAC ALLISTER BACK WITH ALBION

Albion have recalled Alexis Mac Allister from his loan spell with Argentinian club Boca Juniors.

He is currently with Argentina’s under-23s in Colombia, where he is taking part in the Olympic Games qualifying tournament and has scored two goals.

Mac Allister will link up with Albion after the competition finishes on 9th February, and is expected to be available after the one-week break.

Albion head coach Graham Potter said, “We’re delighted to have Alexis with us for the rest of this season, having now been granted his work permit. He will give us another attacking option from midfield. He is creative and capable of scoring goals.

“Alexis is a really exciting talent, who will bring an added dimension to our squad, and I have no doubt our supporters will be looking forward to seeing him play for the club.

“I have watched his progress with great interest in the past year, playing top-level football in South America and making his senior international debut for Argentina. I am now looking forward to working with him day to day.”

Albion’s technical director Dan Ashworth was in Buenos Aries last week to negotiate Mac Allister’s return to the club following receipt of a work permit.

He added, “Alexis’s rapid progress in the past year, both at domestic and international level, enabled us to secure his work permit during this window, and we have accelerated our plans to bring him in to our first team squad.

“We are grateful to Boca Juniors for releasing him early from the season-long agreement. He will finish his international duty with Argentina, and join up with the squad after our match against Watford.”

The 24-year-old attacking midfielder has been with Boca since the start of the season, making 19 appearances across the Argentina Super League and Copa Libertadores.

After joining Albion from Argentinos Juniors last January on a four-and-a-half year contract, Alexis returned to the Buenos Aires club on loan and scored two goals in his ten appearances.

He then joined city rivals Boca Juniors and was called-up by the Argentina national team for the first time in August 2019 and made his international debut as a second-half substitute in the 0-0 draw against Chile in Los Angeles.

ENDS

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
**EMBARGOED 11PM**

Albion have recalled Alexis Mac Allister from his loan spell with Argentinian club Boca Juniors.

He is currently with Argentina’s under-23s in Colombia, where he is taking part in the Olympic Games qualifying tournament and has scored two goals.

Mac Allister will link up with Albion after the competition finishes on 9th February, and is expected to be available after the one-week break.

Albion head coach Graham Potter said, “We’re delighted to have Alexis with us for the rest of this season, having now been granted his work permit. He will give us another attacking option from midfield. He is creative and capable of scoring goals.

“Alexis is a really exciting talent, who will bring an added dimension to our squad, and I have no doubt our supporters will be looking forward to seeing him play for the club.

“I have watched his progress with great interest in the past year, playing top-level football in South America and making his senior international debut for Argentina. I am now looking forward to working with him day to day.”

Albion’s technical director Dan Ashworth was in Buenos Aries last week to negotiate Mac Allister’s return to the club following receipt of a work permit.

He added, “Alexis’s rapid progress in the past year, both at domestic and international level, enabled us to secure his work permit during this window, and we have accelerated our plans to bring him in to our first team squad.

“We are grateful to Boca Juniors for releasing him early from the season-long agreement. He will finish his international duty with Argentina, and join up with the squad after our match against Watford.”

The 24-year-old attacking midfielder has been with Boca since the start of the season, making 19 appearances across the Argentina Super League and Copa Libertadores.

After joining Albion from Argentinos Juniors last January on a four-and-a-half year contract, Alexis returned to the Buenos Aires club on loan and scored two goals in his ten appearances.

He then joined city rivals Boca Juniors and was called-up by the Argentina national team for the first time in August 2019 and made his international debut as a second-half substitute in the 0-0 draw against Chile in Los Angeles.

ENDS
Not fully in sync there Bozza [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Arrives around 16th Feb. Sheffield away 22nd and then Palarse at home 29th.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
**EMBARGOED 11PM**

ENDS

This and Brexit in one day is two much

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Welcome the Scottish Messi, This is good news.

If we go back to 3 at the back I will start to feel a bit more optimistic.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Breaking news......

Mac Allister's head photoshopped onto two different bodies in the same press release.

mac.PNG

Emotional.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Arrives around 16th Feb. Sheffield away 22nd and then Palarse at home 29th.

Should be back way before the 16th, Argentina’s final game in the Olympic Qualifiers is on Feb 9th. It’s not going to take a week to get back to England. He will arrive during our winter break so plenty of time for him to get to know the squad etc. Chance to become an instant hero on the 29th.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It’s going to be quite something to see this guy in our shirt. A full blooded number 10, already in the Argentina team at 21.

To see a player like this for the Albion is going to be quite emotional for me.

I’ve been critical of the recruitment team and their failure to land us a Murray replacement the past seasons, but what they’ve done with this guy has been an incredible deal, genius even, and hopefully soon it’ll payoff.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
South American football expert talking him up on Football Focus.

He recommended playing him in central midfield, not on the wing. Most talented player in the U21 squad. :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
WOW! Really enthusiastic comments on Football Focus!

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
South American football expert talking him up on Football Focus.

He recommended playing him in central midfield, not on the wing. Most talented player in the U21 squad. :thumbsup:

‘ ...the best thing on show at the South American under 23 champs’

‘Tim Cahill like ability to get beyond the strikers and get into the box’

I’m looking forward to seeing that in the blue and white!

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
‘ ...the best thing on show at the South American under 23 champs’

‘Tim Cahill like ability to get beyond the strikers and get into the box’

I’m looking forward to seeing that in the blue and white!

In a 10 min video he shot from about 30 yards and with the ball bending in to the corner of the goal .looks decent .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports