[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No, it's because they're watching the real Davy Propper and you're watching a cunning cardboard replica. For the most part he kept Grealish under control against Villa.

For 45 minutes only, with help, we wisely multi man marked Grealish. Propper did a good job.

But then you might have noticed that football matches last longer than 45 minutes.

Propper gave Grealish the freedom of the Amex after half time. Slow, no energy, a spent force.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why? That has been one of our problems trying to find a position to shoe horn him into when he hasn't showed that he is ready to replace the existing holder of any position but a great bench man to bring on as needed.
Why? Because he's a top talent, and so versatile that the manager has used him all over the place. - and wherever he's played he's been one of our best players. Next question?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Why? That has been one of our problems trying to find a position to shoe horn him into when he hasn't showed that he is ready to replace the existing holder of any position but a great bench man to bring on as needed.

Personally he’s been used out wide as we need players composed on the ball out there. Doesn’t surprise me the second we are chasing a game he’s always moved to the middle as he has a bit of everything. Off the bench higher up the pitch would not be a bad idea at the moment. I think he would work well alongside Propper if Propper sat in the deeper role.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
For 45 minutes only, with help, we wisely multi man marked Grealish. Propper did a good job.

But then you might have noticed that football matches last longer than 45 minutes.

Propper gave Grealish the freedom of the Amex after half time. Slow, no energy, a spent force.

Aye lad, but someone needs to tell Dale that the season continues after December 25th.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Both Propper and Stephens are very Graham Potter type players though. Capable of playing through a press with first time passes, it doesn't matter too much about winning second balls, carrying it forward, being able to shoot etc

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why? Because he's a top talent, and so versatile that the manager has used him all over the place. - and wherever he's played he's been one of our best players. Next question?

He is very versatile and this will be his downfall as he will be an asset in many positions but master of none. There isnt one position where he is the best option available.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So has this officially happened now? Does it need to happen by midnight if not?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Couldn’t agree more, stands out like a MASSIVE sore thumb in that team.

I remain amazed at the Stephens blind spot with sections of our support, Christ - people will still be putting him in our midfield when he’s 40 at this rate! We desperately need to upgrade him if we’re ever to challenge for anything more than the bottom 5.

You and me both.

It’s more obvious when you’re at the Amex possibly, as you hear the collective groans.

Nearly every move that breaks down comes via him, he misplaces passes, is not strong enough, can’t shoot, has no pace, can’t head and can’t score.

Apart from all that he’s not a bad player.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I disagree. DS has played out of his skin this season granted, certainly up until Xmas and still been pretty average. His effort is certainly worthy of note, but he lacks pace, speed of thought and genuine skill at this level. He’s lost a yard for me and contributes virtually nothing, to our attacking play, sideways and backwards is all well and good but he’s really not that great.

It’s high time for a change.

A constant conversation in my group for the last 3 years is that we need to replace Stephens with another version of Stephens who is 30% better in every department.

Last edited:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Don't suppose your group has the 60mill to pay for the signing and wages of said player?

Currently DS is worth about 10 million (if that tbh) I make that 25-30 million tops. Seriously.”, he’s that bad.

Sander Berge for example, at least 30% better, and not as expensive as people would think.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Are we going to run out of time to sign our own player? [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports