Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That's Sad Ken if you don't mind you cheeky bugger.

I thought you meant changing your name to 'We're Doomed'. Or, in keeping with the oft-used phrase around here, 'Were Domed' :jester:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Being reported that we've upped our bid (to bring in our own player)...

[tweet]1222867514490851333[/tweet]
Well we need their agreement as terms of the recall I guess, so there needs to be a quid pro quo.

Also the player will need to be happy for it to work, although he was on reduced wages at Boca so the weekly pay rise as he reverts to his propper wages should help.

We wouldn't even attempt this without Mac Allister's buy-in.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Would we not be better off looking for a short term loan for this season and him coming back in May as agreed.

Yes we would. As well as it probably being too much to ask a young player to save our season in 12 matches, it's also likely to pi88 him off being snatched away from Boca on the brink of winning something.
Bring the Argie Jock here in the summer.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Being reported that we've upped our bid (to bring in our own player)...

[tweet]1222867514490851333[/tweet]
You couldn't make it up, could you? :facepalm:

If Se20, Dougie and co. get wind of tis and come on here to take the pi88, I could hardly blame them!

Well we need their agreement as terms of the recall I guess, so there needs to be a quid pro quo.

Also the player will need to be happy for it to work, although he was on reduced wages at Boca so the weekly pay rise as he reverts to his proper wages should help.
A quid pro quo? Quite a lot of quids by the sound if it - what a mess! Plus the prospect of a very disgruntled player in our squad.

It's good to have a long term plan, but appearing to make panic changes doesn't inspire huge confidence.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

If Se20, Dougie and co. get wind of tis and come on here to take the pi88, I could hardly blame them!

A quid pro quo? Quite a lot of quids by the sound if it - what a mess! Plus the prospect of a very disgruntled player in our squad.

It's good to have a long term plan, but appearing to make panic changes doesn't inspire huge confidence.
There is absolutely no chance the Albion would recall a disgruntled player.

IF this happens, the player will be fully onboard with it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I think you're over-reacting here slightly.

By all accounts the club had no expectation that a work permit would be secured for the player during the term of this current loan, but a change of circumstances made that possible.

As such, it seems the loan didn't include any recall clause - why would it (hindsight is great, right) - which is why we would need to compensate Boca to get him back ahead of schedule.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think you're over-reacting here slightly.
Maybe - but I do think there's a whiff of panic in the air. And if the plan now is that a 21 year old youngster will come in and save our season in 12 (mostly fairly difficult) matches, then I think I detect a slight whiff of desperation too!

Naturally, of course, I hope I'm wrong!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Maybe - but I do think there's a whiff of panic in the air. And if the plan now is that a 21 year old youngster will come in and save our season in 12 (mostly fairly difficult) matches, then I think I detect a slight whiff of desperation too!

Oh, I absolutely agree with that. I'd be massively concerned on the expectations placed on the shoulders of a young player who has never lived in the UK and never kicked a ball in the Premier League before.

If we do bring him back in the near future, we need to trust Potter et al to use him as is appropriate.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Probably worth adding that it almost certainly won't be 12, as Potter presumably hasn't seen him kick a ball so would want to evaluate him and how he fits into the plans. He might well know less about him than he would about a completely new signing given the scouting involved for the latter.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That just about sums up BHAFC and transfer nous.

This... ****ing useless...

All right, lets look at this from a different angle eh? Our transfer nous led us to sign a young, but highly-talented prospect which the scouts predicted would go on to great things - and by all accounts he is fulfilling that potential. Being talked up as Argentina's future no. 10, which are fairly large boots to fill. Without that transfer nous this time last year this wouldn't even be an issue, he wouldn't even be on our radar. So lets at least give them a thumbs-up for that.

We sent him off on a full year loan for his development and to be able to complete the work permit process. This has probably happened even quicker than we expected. He must be displaying such excellent skills that we want him now, and are prepared to pay extra to get him. Again, if we weren't even trying to bring him back, this issue wouldn't even be on our radar. So again, lets give the club a thumbs up for being proactive on this.

You can argue we should have put a clause in to make this easier, but that would have needed both sides to agree, not everything is possible, and if we thought the probability of wanting to recall him now would be miniscule, why fight over that clause??

But here we are. We want to strengthen offensively, but the best we have managed to find over the last few years in the winter were Locadia and Ulloa, hardly game changers for us. So very hard to sign squad improvements in the winter because their clubs want to keep them, and very hard to sign squad reinforcements in the winter because players don't really want to move at short notice just to be a back-up or squad player. I see other clubs in the relegation battle signing players, but I don't see ones that are especially game changers, looks more out of desperation in most cases. Maybe one or two will work, but all a bit fish in a barrel. But someone with the talent of Mac Allister, that could be something special. And all the more reason to chuck a couple of million Boca's way rather than 8-10 million on a gamble from the european leagues.

Will Boca turn down an extra couple of million for a player they will say goodbye to in the summer? Or is he the vital cog in their team to win the league and Libertadores Cup? Do they even think that if they hang onto him now that would make them favourites to sign him if we go down in the summer (doubt it). My money is on this happening, but I was never a good gambler :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here