Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
There is no logic to the club offering that. Mac Allister is under contract for 3.5 more seasons, why offer such an option ? There is no need. All we are looking at doing is recalling a loan - for a 12 match period after the U23 competition ends.

Sounds more like a seeded story to appease Boca fans.

It has enough logic in it to be plausible. I agree it's probably wrong, but I can see where the numbers have been added up and it would explain some of the apparently conflicting stories we've seen in recent days.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
There is no logic to the club offering that. Mac Allister is under contract for 3.5 more seasons, why offer such an option ? There is no need. All we are looking at doing is recalling a loan - for a 12 match period after the U23 competition ends.

Sounds more like a seeded story to appease Boca fans.

Perhaps his contract for.3 and a half years contains clauses relating to relegation and if that were the case there is plenty of logic there

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
https://www.ole.com.ar/boca-juniors/boca-mac-allister-brighton_0_hhBeBoQc.html

"The situation is like this: Brighton bought it from Argentinos Juniors for 10 million euros at the beginning of 2019, but since he didn't have a foreigner's quota and the player didn't have a community passport, he left it six months more in the Bug. After the loan, Alexis continued with the same problem. That's when Boca got in and asked to give the player a year without charge or purchase option; The English club accepted."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

"The situation is like this: Brighton bought it from Argentinos Juniors for 10 million euros at the beginning of 2019, but since he didn't have a foreigner's quota and the player didn't have a community passport, he left it six months more in the Bug. After the loan, Alexis continued with the same problem. That's when Boca got in and asked to give the player a year without charge or purchase option; The English club accepted."

If they are paying all his wages it could be a problem prising him away, however if we are paying them I guess it’s different?

I am not convinced he has any great desire to come here though :shrug:

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008

I'm not sure I fully understand this. My reading of that statement is Boca offered to take him for a year without paying a fee or alternatively pay a fee with the option to buy.

Or does it mean that that taking him on loan without paying a fee would mean that they relinquished the right to a purchase option?

Either way, it doesn't seem to have been in the best interest of the Albion. That would seem a very 'un-Barber' thing to do.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
My guess is there will be two barriers to this

- how much Boca accept to terminate an agreement we had with them early
- the wishes of the player

For the second he is clearly loving his football there and his dad played for them as well so whilst I am sure he will want to come to the PL he (like Boca) might be keen or advised to try and push to see out the season at Boca.

Personally hope we get him back as we need all the help we can get

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm not sure I fully understand this. My reading of that statement is Boca offered to take him for a year without paying a fee or alternatively pay a fee with the option to buy.

Or does it mean that that taking him on loan without paying a fee would mean that they relinquished the right to a purchase option?

Either way, it doesn't seem to have been in the best interest of the Albion. That would seem a very 'un-Barber' thing to do.

I would suggest that they didn't pay a fee for the loan but the loan agreement does not include an option to buy!

What else are we going to do? He didn't have a work permit and at that time was not eligible for one.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Let’s concentrate on bigger priorities. We have Mooy, Tross & Alzate who all look good at AM which is Mac Allister’s position.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I now suspect the talk of a Boca option is actually another season loan at Boca - only if we go down.

That would make loads of sense.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Let’s concentrate on bigger priorities. We have Mooy, Tross & Alzate who all look good at AM which is Mac Allister’s position.

I wonder if we could work a deal for one of their forwards on loan until the end of the season if Mac gets to stay until June. They do have five of them!

Seems Mac is their most valuable player although I’d take 35 year old Tevez on a short loan - market value now down to 900k :rolleyes:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/club-atletico-boca-juniors/kader/verein/189

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I wonder if we could work a deal for one of their forwards on loan until the end of the season if Mac gets to stay until June. They do have five of them!

Seems Mac is their most valuable player although I’d take 35 year old Tevez on a short loan - market value now down to 900k :rolleyes:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/club-atletico-boca-juniors/kader/verein/189

It’s an amazing thought buddy, and I love it, but it’s a bit FIFA.

But damn. Now you’ve said that I can’t help imagine how boss that would be... Tevez in an Albion shirt... scoring the winner against Ole’s Man Utd... Yeah, it’s Fifa.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It’s an amazing thought buddy, and I love it, but it’s a bit FIFA.

But damn. Now you’ve said that I can’t help imagine how boss that would be... Tevez in an Albion shirt... scoring the winner against Ole’s Man Utd... Yeah, it’s Fifa.

A winner against West Ham would be kinda nice :wink:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My guess is there will be two barriers to this

- how much Boca accept to terminate an agreement we had with them early
- the wishes of the player

For the second he is clearly loving his football there and his dad played for them as well so whilst I am sure he will want to come to the PL he (like Boca) might be keen or advised to try and push to see out the season at Boca.

Personally hope we get him back as we need all the help we can get

Bring him over here and give him 12 games to be the saviour of our season? No pressure on the lad then? Well, as he won't be up to PL speed he'll fail horribly, prove not to be the messiah, or even as good a player as we hope - then we can all agree he's shitehouse and send him back to Boca for less than we paid for him.

Some plan, eh? I really hope the club waits to bring him over in the summer.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
A full pre-season in the summer to get to know his team mates and settle in is what he needs, not being flown halfway round the world and thrown into a relegation battle when he’s barely over his jet-lag

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here