Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Get him on the next 'plane.

Sooner or later Ryan is gonna get hurt after we've made all our subs. What with his comparable height and Scottish ancestry, he's the perfect emergency 'keeper for us.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
He's already our player. If we recall his loan he won't get any more money.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/alexis-ma...hton-players-situation-continues-complicated/

The journalist has also claimed that Mac Allister has been trying to get a new contract. It sounds like the player accepted a pay cut when moving to Boca Juniors on loan, and now that he knows how important he is for the Buenos Aires side, he wants to be paid accordingly.

“What Mac Allister’s entourage wants is a contract improvement. Today he is losing almost 40% of what he signed. I think the English are going to leave him until June. But now what Mac Allister wants is an improvement of the contract, and Boca in this position are having other priorities.”

Not quite sure how he could be paid less despite having a contract with us but this does suggest he took a pay cut to play for Boca.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
http://sportwitness.co.uk/alexis-ma...hton-players-situation-continues-complicated/

The journalist has also claimed that Mac Allister has been trying to get a new contract. It sounds like the player accepted a pay cut when moving to Boca Juniors on loan, and now that he knows how important he is for the Buenos Aires side, he wants to be paid accordingly.

“What Mac Allister’s entourage wants is a contract improvement. Today he is losing almost 40% of what he signed. I think the English are going to leave him until June. But now what Mac Allister wants is an improvement of the contract, and Boca in this position are having other priorities.”

Not quite sure how he could be paid less despite having a contract with us but this does suggest he took a pay cut to play for Boca.

Jimmy Hill stroking of chin

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

When Izquierdo joined us in August 2017, the Argus reported on the work permit process. They explained that until a work permit is granted, the player cannot train with the rest of the squad and he cannot be paid or involved in any promotional activities. So he won't have received a penny yet from Albion.

Now the work permit has been granted, we can obviously legally pay him. I wonder if his "entourage" now want him to start receiving whatever his salary is as outlined in his Albion contract, rather than whatever Boca Juniors have been paying him (which is presumably less?).

Anyway, from what we have heard of his dad/"entourage" since we originally signed him, it sounds like he will be bringing a lot of baggage with him whenever he finally arrives....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
When Izquierdo joined us in August 2017, the Argus reported on the work permit process. They explained that until a work permit is granted, the player cannot train with the rest of the squad and he cannot be paid or involved in any promotional activities. So he won't have received a penny yet from Albion.

Now the work permit has been granted, we can obviously legally pay him. I wonder if his "entourage" now want him to start receiving whatever his salary is as outlined in his Albion contract, rather than whatever Boca Juniors have been paying him (which is presumably less?).

Anyway, from what we have heard of his dad/"entourage" since we originally signed him, it sounds like he will be bringing a lot of baggage with him whenever he finally arrives....

Not having a work permit wouldn’t prevent us from paying him. I’ve done work in the UK for a non-EU based company and been paid by them. I only needed to get a work permit when I eventually had to travel over and do a few weeks work there.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I refuse to believe that it can be the top league in the world if a match can be played in front of fewer than 11,000 spectators.

There are a handful of teams in the Spanish and Italian top flights who get similar (and lower). Getafe (5th at present in Spain) average 11,024 this year.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well, I for one, would welcome him...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Me too.

But right now I'd welcome a one-legged drunk Frank Worthington.

LoL!

I give you Richard ("he's better than Dean Saunders" Barry Lloyd) Tiltman...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Hmm, Owen is not so optimistic that he's coming over this window. The key sentence here is: "Indications last night were that they may well opt to stick to the original plan and leave Mac Allister in Buenos Aires for now."

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18186398.albion-talk-boca-juniors-plan-alexis-mac-allister/
It looks like our loan manager David Weir is just on a routine contact trip, and also assessing how much Mac Allister is in the new Boca coach's plans.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Hmmm... we are short of creativity... I don’t know if Mac is the answer, but if there is a chance he is, then get him in this window...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He’s coming isn’t he?

I think there’s an “I’ll drive him there myself” style comment on that tweet :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here