[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Their league season doesn’t finish in 5 games time. The first part of the season does but they go on to another format where the 24 team league is split into two groups of 12. The season doesn’t finish until end of May.

The only way Mac Allister will be able to play for us this season is if we terminate the loan deal in the January transfer window. Even if he’s on International duty until the 8th or 9th of Feb we have to end the deal before the end of the month so his registration can be lodged with the FA/PL.

OK, thanks. That does make it more complicated then, I though it finished in 5 games.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Regardless of what's possible I think it's a bad idea to rush him over this season.

He's a young man who will have to adapt to a new culture, a new home and a completely different style of football. It's impossible to predict how much time he'll need to settle, I'd much rather we let him finish his current season and bring him over in the summer where he'll have a full pre-season and be mentally and physically ready.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Regardless of what's possible I think it's a bad idea to rush him over this season.

He's a young man who will have to adapt to a new culture, a new home and a completely different style of football. It's impossible to predict how much time he'll need to settle, I'd much rather we let him finish his current season and bring him over in the summer where he'll have a full pre-season and be mentally and physically ready.

If this was HIGNY, "is the right answer"

taz

Feb 18, 2015
Have the FA work permit rules changed since 2012? A club granted a work permit for a non EU player must use that permit within 2 months except with the express permission of the FA?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I refuse to believe that he would up-sticks half-way through a season when playing for a major club in his own country.

There's waaaaay for in it for us than him right now - and no point making a player unhappy.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
The interesting thing in the argus article is that the club took the opportunity to put his case in front of the panel. Makes it sound like there was an intent to at least consider bringing him back to do that now

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Is the issue perhaps that if we leave him where he is until the summer he may NEVER qualify for a work permit and his resale value may well diminish.
Brexit will change many things not just for EU nationals and immigration policies are constantly evolving.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Exactly. Bringing in Alexis Macallister - Boca Juniors / Argentina U23s number 10 - is EXACTLY like signing Shane McFaul.

He's actually a full Argentina international now.

Not sure Shane ever made it that far.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Is the issue perhaps that if we leave him where he is until the summer he may NEVER qualify for a work permit and his resale value may well diminish.
Brexit will change many things not just for EU nationals and immigration policies are constantly evolving.

No, he's already got the permit as per the FA's panel. That's done now. Sorted. The issue is we're sh!te at the moment so may need him back to help with the survival push. Imo he's best suited staying in Argentina for now as I think we'll be okay and we don't want to have to rely on another young kid.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
No, he's already got the permit as per the FA's panel. That's done now. Sorted. The issue is we're sh!te at the moment so may need him back to help with the survival push. Imo he's best suited staying in Argentina for now as I think we'll be okay and we don't want to have to rely on another young kid.

Young maybe - but he is an Argentine international so he plays grown up football with the big boys!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Young maybe - but he is an Argentine international so he plays grown up football with the big boys!

He is as much an Argentine international as Lewis Dunk or Solly March are England internationals

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I personally would bring him back, give a bit of competition to our current selection, if he makes an impact then brilliant, if he doesn't straight away then at least he has got a taste of PL football and a full pre season ready for next season.
At the end of the day, he has signed a contract with us so he must have expected that this may happen so can't exactly turn around and be unhappy that we have recalled him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The interesting thing in the argus article is that the club took the opportunity to put his case in front of the panel. Makes it sound like there was an intent to at least consider bringing him back to do that now

It also says they were hoping he could get 2 more caps for Argentina, but that wasn't looking likely in the short term so they took whatever 'opportunity' there was

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He is as much an Argentine international as Lewis Dunk or Solly March are England internationals

Yes, the same as Dunk - a full senior internaional, with plenty of chance of adding many further caps.

March has never played for any England side apart from the U20s at the Toulon tournament, the same summer as Jake Forster Caskey.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yes, the same as Dunk - a full senior internaional, with plenty of chance of adding many further caps.

March has never played for any England side apart from the U20s at the Toulon tournament, the same summer as Jake Forster Caskey.

Solly got 3 caps for the Under 21s as well, scored quite a good goal if I remember correctly too.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9214241 said:
The second goal in a 4-0 against Denmark - keeper probably should have saved it though. Shame he got injured before the tournament and never had a look in since.

[yt]s8bX6x88F4Q[/yt]

Keeper possibly could have done better but Solly put some real pace on the shot, unfortunately he aged out of being eligible for the Under 21 at the end of that tournament cycle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports