Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He plays for Boca in a shin kicking league, I'm sure the poor little darling can cope.

No really? This is breaking news, hold the back page!

Point is if he's too fragile for the lower Premier league dog fight, after playing where he currently plays, then you've really narrowed the pool of available players capable who we could potentially bring in.

We're desperate for creativity further up the field so I'd bring him in now, this doesn't mean we have to throw him into the first match on arrival, but he can train with squad, Potter can look at him and introduce him to the starting line up.

If we wait 3 months to save a few quid then that would be asking a lot of the lad to hit the ground running with just a handful of games to go in the premier league.

I guess the plan was - Argentinian league finishes in March, give him a summer break, get him over in May to move over, be around the club and hit pre-season running.

Of course he could come over in March and be around the squad for April/May games I guess? But cancelling his loan with 5 games left in the division for a team that could win the league seems a bit out of order.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Worth paying Boca the compo IF Potter thinks he can have a postive effect on the team in our run in.

I wonder if we're looking to do similar with White? We should do for three reasons: Burn is a long term injury. Dunk is on 8 yellows and will almost certainly miss 2 games between now and April. Most impotantly, it'll really **** over Leeds.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Worth paying Boca the compo IF Potter thinks he can have a postive effect on the team in our run in.

I wonder if we're looking to do similar with White? We should do for three reasons: Burn is a long term injury. Dunk is on 8 yellows and will almost certainly miss 2 games between now and April. Most impotantly, it'll really **** over Leeds.

He’s played to many games for Leeds now and can’t be recalled.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
While this is obviously great news, do we really think he is going to stroll straight into the team and instantly improve it? Gross is struggling to nail down a place and he is one of our most creative players.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

My understanding is that he's played enough games that an automatic recall clause isn't triggered - but that doesn't necessarily mean he can't be recalled if we want it and he wants it. There's a lot of contradictory info going around about this; no one seems to know the full details of the loan agreement.

I also think Barber was on Talk Sport a coupl of months back implying that a recall was a possibility, but that we had no intention of doing it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
While this is obviously great news, do we really think he is going to stroll straight into the team and instantly improve it? Gross is struggling to nail down a place and he is one of our most creative players.

We’ll never know unless Potter can have a look at him in training

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Andy Naylor is too busy advertising stories about 'pet shipping', 'space travel' clauses in players contracts to comment so far.

However Brian Owen says he has the info from an Argentinian reporter re: the permit and he is going to follow it up this side

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
We need more reaction to this and comment from the club.

Did the club expect the permit to be granted before the end of this season or has this come as a surprise? Does this change their plans now?

Will the player be upset if forced to move to the UK at short notice?

The club would have had to have applied for the work permit, so must have known he now meets the required criteria to get one.

On this basis I would assume they would be expecting him to come back before the end of January, otherwise why bother, just leave him there and get him over for the start of next season.

Coming here to -1 temperatures could be a bit of a shock to the system!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is that true ? Or just I'll informed journalism ?

Graham Potter said White could be recalled. Not sure which interview, but it was shown on video on the club site.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Very good news about the permit, by the way.

Not convinced we'll recall Mac Allister, but it looks at least possible.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Isn’t Mac Allister involved in some sort of under 23 tournament with Argentina at the moment as well? Might delay a recall if that’s even being thought about.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Isn’t Mac Allister involved in some sort of under 23 tournament with Argentina at the moment as well? Might delay a recall if that’s even being thought about.

It is for the olympic qualifiers I think

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, great assist v Columbia, and later sent off I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here