Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hmmm

People are forgetting that maccalister hasn't been that great for the majority of the time at the club. Up until Everton away at the end of last season he was just a pretty good player who was on the verge of leaving because he was struggling to fit in.
No they're not. Just because a lot of what you say here is right, doesn't mean Jimbo is wrong.

And he was never "on the verge of leaving".

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Hmmm

People are forgetting that maccalister hasn't been that great for the majority of the time at the club. Up until Everton away at the end of last season he was just a pretty good player who was on the verge of leaving because he was struggling to fit in.
I would disagree. For most of the time he's been here we've had the pandemic. His first cameo away at Wolves showed us what he could do and then lockdown came along. He was stuck in a foreign country and not playing football! He was so bad last season yet he made more appearances than any other midfielder!!! I'd agree that he wasn't playing then at the level he is now but I wouldn't describe that level a you did.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
A lot of people seeing that Ali Macs dad has been wined and dined in Liverpool assume that it is a done deal. They may well be right of course but I can remember being 24 myself and I didn’t take a lot of notice of what my dad said. In hindsight may be I should have but I was very much my own man and I think Ali Mac may well turn out to be as well. We all have to make our own mistakes, that’s how you learn in life.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A lot of people seeing that Ali Macs dad has been wined and dined in Liverpool assume that it is a done deal. They may well be right of course but I can remember being 24 myself and I didn’t take a lot of notice of what my dad said. In hindsight may be I should have but I was very much my own man and I think Ali Mac may well turn out to be as well. We all have to make our own mistakes, that’s how you learn in life.
Was your Dad your agent?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
A lot of people seeing that Ali Macs dad has been wined and dined in Liverpool assume that it is a done deal.
They have wine in Liverpool now?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Literally no one has said he is desperate to leave. He’s been a model professional. Personally I think his new contract came with an agreement that he sees out the season with us and if the right move comes along he leaves with our blessing
The right answer I believe.

modulate

Nov 23, 2013
Naylor says what every sensible poster here says.
sounds about right as all ive seen is people regurgitating Romano reports that generally quote MacAllisters dad and his all too frequent soundbites. the player seems to have a different focus currently so all the stuff claiming he expects the move ends up circling back to the same old quotes

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Imho Mac A’s been a valued asset to the first team since the beginning.

At first a slightly built kid, think Enciso in his early games, a creative in a no 10 role (I think). Finding a role.

Morphing into a tough little fecker, unfazed by centre midfield battles, winning duals.

Finally a midfielder with it all, running games. Perhaps 10% off the boil in some games post WC, but now world class.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Imho Mac A’s been a valued asset to the first team since the beginning.

At first a slightly built kid, think Enciso in his early games, a creative in a no 10 role (I think). Finding a role.

Morphing into a tough little fecker, unfazed by centre midfield battles, winning duals.

Finally a midfielder with it all, running games. Perhaps 10% off the boil in some games post WC, but now world class.
Exactly that :thumbsup: Also taken on a 'senior' role in looking after the Latino wonderkids. Great role model. His English has improved incredibly as well - totally confident in that longish post-match chat on TV on Thursday.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Not quite, but Roberto has.

I have it on very good authority that RDZ told the players about our signings-to-be, some of whom told their agents and it was immediately football industry common knowledge, hence it coming out on twitter etc.

If you've got a secret, don't tell Roberto unless you want the whole world to know about it tomorrow.
I suppose that kind of makes sense. We have some great players that might be tempted to move on in the summer if they didnt know that we are actively strengthening the squad the way that RDZ wants. Obviously he doesnt want to lose our best players so its in his best interests.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here