[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Surely you don’t think Alexis and his dad are so stupid to sign a new deal, knowing it then makes it difficult for him to leave. His old contract was up this summer (or maybe we had a year) so he’d be able to have gone very cheaply this summer, yet signed a new deal in October.

He only signed that new deal with an agreement in my opinion, otherwise it’s nonsensical why they signed it
I agree.

Knowing that the Albion honour their promise of allowing a departure at the right price.

Whilst Kane and Zaha were duped by owners with a jailor’s attitude.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Apparently Keith Tracy ( ?) Claims Mac is a nasty piece of work and is likely to leave a stud in you. I'm waiting for Fabrizio Romano to confirm this latest snippet of web punditry guff.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Clubs were interested in him last season so
It was already known.

Did we receive £80m bids last summer? Ok, how about £60m? £50m?

His price has gone up significantly.

It’s the same situation with Pedro - Newcastle wanted him, he stayed at Watford, signed a new long term deal but suggestion is he was told could leave this summer if Watford didn’t get promoted, hence deal being done after the last game they mathematically couldn’t
The sort of agreement that let Zaha leave Palace a few years ago? It might simply be that Watford accepted our offer, once they knew they wouldn't get promoted.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Nothing short of 100m will tempt Tony

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I believe he’ll go this summer, I think he’ll probably go to Liverpool but certainly they’ll be made to pay big money for it. It’s usually Brighton doing the fleecing when it comes to transfers, not the other teams 🤣

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
So those reporting on Pedro & Milner over a week ago just made lucky guesses ?
Have you learnt nothing about how BHA conduct their transfer business? Any reports/rumours about Milner or Pedro almost definitely would have started from their own side. Or do you think the Tea Lady has been at it again?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Have you learnt nothing about how BHA conduct their transfer business? Any reports/rumours about Milner or Pedro almost definitely would have started from their own side. Or do you think the Tea Lady has been at it again?
Indeed - and anything being reported about Alexis has come from his dad / agent presumably

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Maybe in the minority here but if Mac Allister was the only departure this summer and we get £70m+ for him I’d take that.

Moder will be like a new signing in the summer, throw in Lallana, Milner and the retuning Alzate (who’s been excellent on loan) we aren’t short on options in midfield.

Gilmour has also been a revelation the past couple of game and will no doubt feature more now going forward.

Still think we will bring in reinforcements in the middle of the park and that £70m would surely be re invested in a couple of decent additions, one of which being a right back to compete with Veltman / Lamptey.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Maybe in the minority here but if Mac Allister was the only departure this summer and we get £70m+ for him I’d take that.

Moder will be like a new signing in the summer, throw in Lallana, Milner and the retuning Alzate (who’s been excellent on loan) we aren’t short on options in midfield.

Gilmour has also been a revelation the past couple of game and will no doubt feature more now going forward.

Still think we will bring in reinforcements in the middle of the park and that £70m would surely be re invested in a couple of decent additions, one of which being a right back to compete with Veltman / Lamptey.

If Caicedo’s with us next season, that would be incredible.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not quite, but Roberto has.

I have it on very good authority that RDZ told the players about our signings-to-be, some of whom told their agents and it was immediately football industry common knowledge, hence it coming out on twitter etc.

If you've got a secret, don't tell Roberto unless you want the whole world to know about it tomorrow.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It is staggering.

I’d be staggered if we let him go for £70m.
I'd say it's not far off. I think one of the broadsheets abroad was saying it's £80m (ish +) including add ons.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
That maybe so, but talks may have taken place regarding regarding Ali Mac at the same time.
Talks with who ?

We won’t have spoken to Liverpool about Milner, as said he is out of contract so any discussions about him coming to Brighton would be directly with his agent and not via Liverpool.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I realise this is gonna be an unpopular opinion here, but I think part of Mac Allister's "reward" for being such a model pro with us should be that the club tries to facilitate a move to wherever he wants to go next, within reason - even if that means we don't get the maximum possible value for him. So, for example, if he really wants to go to Liverpool, we should help him go to Liverpool, even if (say) United are willing to pay us a bit more.

He's really been a faultless servant of the club in his time with us. And I think the long-term value of being able to say to Caicedo, and the next generation of Caicedos and Mac Allisters, "this is how to behave to get what you want from your time at Brighton" is greater than the extra money that could be wrung out by sending him to a club that isn't his first choice.

Basically, I think it'd help us to be able to say "behave like Cucurella and we'll flog you to the highest bidder, even if it's a basket-case club; behave like Mac Allister and things will go the way you want them to".

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I realise this is gonna be an unpopular opinion here, but I think part of Mac Allister's "reward" for being such a model pro with us should be that the club tries to facilitate a move to wherever he wants to go next, within reason - even if that means we don't get the maximum possible value for him. So, for example, if he really wants to go to Liverpool, we should help him go to Liverpool, even if (say) United are willing to pay us a bit more.

He's really been a faultless servant of the club in his time with us. And I think the long-term value of being able to say to Caicedo, and the next generation of Caicedos and Mac Allisters, "this is how to behave to get what you want from your time at Brighton" is greater than the extra money that could be wrung out by sending him to a club that isn't his first choice.

Basically, I think it'd help us to be able to say "behave like Cucurella and we'll flog you to the highest bidder, even if it's a basket-case club; behave like Mac Allister and things will go the way you want them to".
Hmmm

People are forgetting that maccalister hasn't been that great for the majority of the time at the club. Up until Everton away at the end of last season he was just a pretty good player who was on the verge of leaving because he was struggling to fit in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports