[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thought he'd be off somewhere a bit more exciting than Liverpool, or maybe I'm not being generous enough :shrug:
If he has to go, at least if he goes to Liverpool he'll be going to a decent club, not some classless dump in London. I think he'd be a good fit there too.
Caicedo is what, three years younger? He can afford one more year here before going to his £5M+ a year lifestyle somewhere else - but I do realise that in PL football it doesn't always work like that. Here's hoping though.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If he has to go, at least if he goes to Liverpool he'll be going to a decent club, not some classless dump in London. I think he'd be a good fit there too.
Caicedo is what, three years younger? He can afford one more year here before going to his £5M+ a year lifestyle somewhere else - but I do realise that in PL football it doesn't always work like that. Here's hoping though.
I’ve heard Liverpool can’t afford him from a reliable source.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
From Football 365

**LIVERPOOL AND BRIGHTON REACH ‘AGREEMENT’ **The Reds are likely to sign two or three new midfielders this summer and Brighton’s Alexis Mac Allister has emerged as one of their top targets after they stepped away from the chase for Jude Bellingham.

The World Cup winner has been in stunning form this season for Brighton and he is reportedly ‘100%’ expected to leave this summer.

Italian outlet Tuttomercatoweb claim ‘Brighton and Liverpool have reached a verbal agreement for the transfer of Mac Allister’.

Liverpool are said to have ‘offered’ 60 million euros (£53m) for the centre-midfielder after this fee was ‘requested’ by Brighton so there is an ‘understanding’ between the two clubs.

The transfer is apparently not finalised yet, though. Mac Allister ‘wants to play in a team that plays in the next Champions League’ and he ‘intends to wait until the end of the season before deciding’ his next move.

This reported fee is probably too low, with it being widely reported elsewhere that Brighton actually want £70m for their prized asset.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is there any sell on clause with MAC ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Liverpool are said to have ‘offered’ 60 million euros (£53m) for the centre-midfielder after this fee was ‘requested’ by Brighton so there is an ‘understanding’ between the two clubs.

At that price I'd be surprised that others wouldn't also be interested. Way too cheap.

The transfer is apparently not finalised yet, though. Mac Allister ‘wants to play in a team that plays in the next Champions League’

So he's not going to Liverpool then.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
From Football 365

**LIVERPOOL AND BRIGHTON REACH ‘AGREEMENT’ **The Reds are likely to sign two or three new midfielders this summer and Brighton’s Alexis Mac Allister has emerged as one of their top targets after they stepped away from the chase for Jude Bellingham.

The World Cup winner has been in stunning form this season for Brighton and he is reportedly ‘100%’ expected to leave this summer.

Italian outlet Tuttomercatoweb claim ‘Brighton and Liverpool have reached a verbal agreement for the transfer of Mac Allister’.

The transfer is apparently not finalised yet, though. Mac Allister ‘wants to play in a team that plays in the next Champions League’ and he ‘intends to wait until the end of the season before deciding’ his next move.

This reported fee is probably too low, with it being widely reported elsewhere that Brighton actually want £70m for their prized asset.
We don’t ‘request’ fees, ergo it’s BS. We asked for less than we got for Cucurella ??

Mac, as brilliant as he is, is less important to us than Moises IMO, so if we’re only going to lose one of them I ‘hope’ it’s him, and whoever buys him gets rinsed (they will).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
At that price I'd be surprised that others wouldn't also be interested. Way too cheap.

So he's not going to Liverpool then.

No one in the media (or clickbait liars) has a clue about a price being negotiated or whether there are negotiations.

We’ll only find out when Naylor v Romano start a online dick waving contest over Mac A transfer news.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Can’t see it being less than the Cucurella fee.

I’d imagine it would be £70m base plus performance related up to £80m in total.

Can’t find the link but pretty sure Ali Mac or Dad have said in the past playing at a club with prestige and history is more important than salary alone.

If it all goes to plan I’d imagine Liverpool for a 2-3 seasons before a move to one of the top two in Spain

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Few Twitter reports suggesting he’s going to Liverpool for 80m. I’d hate to lose him but that’s a great fee for him IMO.

Didn't Cucurella reach agreement with Man City over personal terms?

I have no idea if he will join Liverpool. His Dad has been spotted at Anfield I believe so there's a strong likelihood that they are at the very least seriously interested but I won't be losing any sleep over him allegedly agreeing personal terms.

80m does sound about right but are Liverpool willing to spend that much? Man city wouldn't(correctly as it turns out) go above 30-35m for Cucurella. Will Liverpool pay 80m for one player when they need to buy several?

The only thing I know is that when he does leave, whenever that may be, I'm going to be the most gutted I've been at losing a player since Zamora went to Spurs. :(

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
From Football 365

Ah yes - just like Bloom and us to ‘verbally agree’ transfer deals and get on the blower to ‘football 365’ to let them know…

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Man city wouldn't(correctly as it turns out) go above 30-35m for Cucurella.
I disagree. If Man City had expected Cucu to be as bad as he's been this season, they wouldn't have wanted him taking up a squad place fullstop. I suspect Cucu is a good player who is failing at Chelsea for the same reasons that all their other good players are failing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ah yes - just like Bloom and us to ‘verbally agree’ transfer deals and get on the blower to ‘football 365’ to let them know…
Why would it have to come to Bloom ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why would it have to come to Bloom ?
Oh ffs have a day off will ya! Look up satire and stop arguing every post - 95% of ‘football rumour’ articles are guesswork or utter bullshit.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports