Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Thought he'd be off somewhere a bit more exciting than Liverpool, or maybe I'm not being generous enough :shrug:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
He's going to Liverpool isn't he? The rumours are just too strong and persistent and they do desperately need him.

Will be a bit heartbroken to seem him go but can't begrudge him the move he wants as long as we get the right fee. And at least it's not the West London Chavs.
Indo begrudge him going. Especially to Liverpool if they aren't in the champions league. That surely is the next step for him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He's going to Liverpool isn't he? The rumours are just too strong and persistent and they do desperately need him.

Will be a bit heartbroken to seem him go but can't begrudge him the move he wants as long as we get the right fee. And at least it's not the West London Chavs.
Like I say, no coincidence these rumours come out / get stronger when his dad is over in the UK. The club know it hence getting Pedro done early so we don’t get held to ransom

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not according to Simon Jordan. Apparently a distinctly average Argentinian side was completely carried by Messi.

I heard that. Classic shoot your mouth off without thinking, he also said the rest of the Argentina were pub or league one players (or something like that).

Utter tripe.

Messi flopped in previous WC’s because his team mates were average.

This time, with his new right hand man Mac A, he thrived. Other than the first game where Mac A didn’t start, they were magnificent and worthy winners.

I really like SJ, but that was brainless.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Are they? Or is it the same rumour circulated constantly by the same people?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

His Dad wants him to go somewhere else, presumably so he gets his massive agents fee, I am not convinced Alexis himself is in a rush to leave, especially if we manage to get to Europe. Is that very naive?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Where does this leave Moises? This would be our "1 big sale a season" plan with 10s of millions left over so there is no need for any more income. All depends on what we agreed when he signed his new contract but I doubt Bloom would be keen for both to go in one window. And I guess Gilmour/Moder could now be seen as an Alexis replacement but that leaves us without a Moises replacement.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Indo begrudge him going. Especially to Liverpool if they aren't in the champions league. That surely is the next step for him.
That’s probably temporary though, let’s be honest he’s got more chance of playing CL and challenging for the title there than here. There is also the small point that they’ll pay him £150k+ per week……..

I’m not convinced Klopp will be there much longer though so if that is part of his reasoning then I think he could end up disappointed.

Very sorry to see him go but I’m ok with this, he’s done his time here and £80m is huge money. I’d be a lot less ‘ok’ if Caicedo or Mitoma went this summer as I don’t think they have done their ‘time’ with us yet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
His Dad wants him to go somewhere else, presumably so he gets his massive agents fee, I am not convinced Alexis himself is in a rush to leave, especially if we manage to get to Europe. Is that very naive?

My dream is to keep them all!!!! At least for one more season.

Sadly money talks and we know TB/PB play this immaculately.

Bissouma was painful for me. Not so much Cucu as the twat had only been here 5 minutes, then engineered a departure in an unnecessary way. Karma since …. you have to laugh. But it taught me the club have a plan.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Where does this leave Moises? This would be our "1 big sale a season" plan with 10s of millions left over so there is no need for any more income. All depends on what we agreed when he signed his new contract but I doubt Bloom would be keen for both to go in one window. And I guess Gilmour/Moder could now be seen as an Alexis replacement but that leaves us without a Moises replacement.

I think we’ll buy a CM’er regardless. The coffers will be huge.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
1 big sale a season is the ideal but probably not reality. Last season both Biss and Cucu went in the summer, then Tross in January. Presumably the plan was only to sell Biss but it didn’t work out that way.

I expect Caicedo will go too. There’s too much interest in him and he’s clearly better value than Rice or Bellingham. His new contract just ensures we get paid well, not that he stays.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
1 big sale a season is the ideal but probably not reality. Last season both Biss and Cucu went in the summer, then Tross in January. Presumably the plan was only to sell Biss but it didn’t work out that way.

I expect Caicedo will go too. There’s too much interest in him and he’s clearly better value than Rice or Bellingham. His new contract just ensures we get paid well, not that he stays.

Bellingham’s a different type of player. World class at age 19 imho.

Caicedo’s the business too.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
That’s probably temporary though, let’s be honest he’s got more chance of playing CL and challenging for the title there than here. There is also the small point that they’ll pay him £150k+ per week……..

I’m not convinced Klopp will be there much longer though so if that is part of his reasoning then I think he could end up disappointed.

Very sorry to see him go but I’m ok with this, he’s done his time here and £80m is huge money. I’d be a lot less ‘ok’ if Caicedo or Mitoma went this summer as I don’t think they have done their ‘time’ with us yet.
I know he will go. I just can't find it In my soul to be alright with it. I certainly don't see any metric that puts him at less than a Jude Bellingham or a Declan Rice though.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Yeah - but that was when we already had ready made replacements. Not sure Bloom likes splashing out on someone to fit straight into the team but I guess Pervis was one. We like players like Pedro that won't be our only choice in that position to give them time to integrate. We have players that can pick a pass and play as a 10 if required and Gilmour is good as the pivot in our kamikaze passing triangles but he isn't the tackler Moises is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here