[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The World Cup has changed everything for Mac . Prior to it , he was probably worth around £40m , now it’s £75-80 m .

Having a good World Cup like Mitoma had is one thing , actually winning it and starring in the final takes it to a whole new level to fave and value .

For Mac to leave in Jan , the offer would have to be more than £80m I strongly suspect .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The World Cup has changed everything for Mac . Prior to it , he was probably worth around £40m , now it’s £75-80 m .

Having a good World Cup like Mitoma had is one thing , actually winning it and starring in the final takes it to a whole new level to fave and value .

For Mac to leave in Jan , the offer would have to be more than £80m I strongly suspect .
As usual TB holds the cards….the WC was the card turnover that gave him an unbeatable hand in Ali Mac’s case.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not travelled with the squad though, so presumably been given some extra time and will join them tomorrow ?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He'll be on the bench I'm sure. Incredibly fit player and despite no doubt mostly having sex and getting drunk over the last two weeks he'd had an incredibly intensive few weeks before that.
Expect he'll get a brief run out, score and performance allowing.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Not so sure I like RDZ’s comments

“I’m happy if he wants to stay with us until the end of the season and I think it’s better for him”

The guy has just signed a long term contract but the language suggests he might be off in the summer?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Would jet lag be affecting him in a positive or negative way tomorrow?
Probably helps as kick off will be early afternoon for him

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yep.

Club has said that WC players have two weeks off.

WC player has two weeks off.

Returns on time.

Not sure that was worth all the post perspiration.

Hopefully on the bench Saturday.
Welcome him back Saturday gratefully. Just trying to enjoy each game we play with genuine world class talents in our team.

Welcoming back our Argentinian World Cup winner and one of the player’s of the tournament, to our beautiful stadium in the rolling countryside, with our lifelong fan billionaire owner, pushing for Europe in the bloody Premier League…

It is just all too incredible for words really.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I have nothing more than a hunch to base this on but impression I get is that Ali Mac is actually quite a shy, fiercely professional chap. Obviously he pretty much has to say he’s happy here during interviews but there’s no obligation on him to say how grateful he is to the club. It would probably be optimistic to imagine he’ll stay past the summer, as the draw of a truly life changing amount of wedge and a likely opportunity to play Champions League football would be tough to decline. However, it does give me hope that he’ll stick around until the end of the season. He seems very grounded and genuinely happy here. It doesn’t feel like he’s the type to have his head turned easily. When he goes, one hopes it will be because he’s had the time to carefully consider his options and what’s best for him, rather than a 31st January game of musical car parks.

Now watch that prediction implode in a puff of Euros before the month is out.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have nothing more than a hunch to base this on but impression I get is that Ali Mac is actually quite a shy, fiercely professional chap. Obviously he pretty much has to say he’s happy here during interviews but there’s no obligation on him to say how grateful he is to the club. It would probably be optimistic to imagine he’ll stay past the summer, as the draw of a truly life changing amount of wedge and a likely opportunity to play Champions League football would be tough to decline. However, it does give me hope that he’ll stick around until the end of the season. He seems very grounded and genuinely happy here. It doesn’t feel like he’s the type to have his head turned easily. When he goes, one hopes it will be because he’s had the time to carefully consider his options and what’s best for him, rather than a 31st January game of musical car parks.

Correct assumption…he said he was a “shy person’ ‘during an interview on TS this morning

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Looking after players - especially overseas players - is one of the many reasons that we have a positive reputation with up and coming stars.

Similarly, it's on record how much Mac Allister appreciated being released for the Olympics in August 2021.

These things matter.

After being granted an extended break and getting a hero’s welcome upon his return to Brighton, Mac Allister has nothing but gratitude for the club.

“I’ve received a lovely, warm welcome and I’m really happy to be here,” the 24-year-old told talkSPORT.

“I’m really grateful for the club letting me enjoy the trophy and Christmas and New Year with my family and friends.”

He added: “Now everything is good and everyone is happy. But at the beginning, it wasn’t easy when I came here to Brighton in the first year.

“I couldn’t get the minutes I wanted and it was a huge change for me. But I’m really grateful for the people who helped me to keep going and keep training and keep improving.

“My staff, teammates, manager, family, friends – everyone. They know how grateful I am. It was a long journey and a tough one but now I’m very happy and proud of myself.”

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon

“I’m happy if he wants to stay with us until the end of the season and I think it’s better for him”

The guy has just signed a long term contract but the language suggests he might be off in the summer?
Disagree. RDZ is still learning the English language so can easily be interpreted wrong

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

No shit Sherlock, all our stars are in the shop window

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

He's mentioned how grateful he is to the club a few times now. It stems back to releasing him to play in the Olympics last summer as we were apparently reluctant to let him go as the final was a week before the start of the season and it could have meant him missing all of our pre-season prep, but he asked to be released as he was keen to take part.

As it was Argentina didn't have a good tournament so he was back in time to take part in some of pre-season and was on the bench for the opening game against Burnley, coming on to score the winner.

Obviously now letting him have the full two weeks off to enjoy the World Cup win and spend time with his family for his birthday, Christmas and New Year is another massive gesture that he recognises the club didn't have to grant him and could have cut short etc.

The club have played it right IMO allowing him time to process and enjoy what is possibly a once in a life time achievement and come back fresh and ready to focus on the rest of the season with us. Because of the timing of the World Cup this is possibly the only time this will ever happen.

Last edited:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Welcome him back Saturday gratefully. Just trying to enjoy each game we play with genuine world class talents in our team.

Welcoming back our Argentinian World Cup winner and one of the player’s of the tournament, to our beautiful stadium in the rolling countryside, with our lifelong fan billionaire owner, pushing for Europe in the bloody Premier League…

It is just all too incredible for words really.
His return to action will be in the beautiful rolling countryside of.....Middlesbrough!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Club video has 6.8 MILLION views - and counting.

Picked-up by Argentine press, of course...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports