[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Everything we know about BHA tells us that the club is ALWAYS planning for the long term. I’m sure we could have asked Alexis to be back a couple of days ago, and probably ready for Everton. But we recognised his amazing achievement - a genuine once-in-a-lifetime. And no doubt we also factored in how important his family is in Argentinian football…his father is a former Sports Minister, for example, and is obviously incredibly well connected. Having the Mac Allister family on side will no doubt be beneficial in the future in ways we won’t necessarily see. At least not until we sign another Argentinian star…

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Maybe he did? Maybe the club said no take the two weeks? Who knows?

One thing that will be entirely predictable is as soon as he has a below par game there'll be people(I'm not suggesting you'll be one of them btw) on his back slating him.
Very true he may well have offered and they said just take the break, hence not being judgemental just a feeling really.

Whether he plays for us again enough times to have a bad game and get slated will remain to be seen. I sincerely hope we can keep him and others until the summer - would be a real blow to see this team picked apart halfway through a season. Maybe I’m just steeling myself against the next 29 days.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Very true he may well have offered and they said just take the break, hence not being judgemental just a feeling really.

Whether he plays for us again enough times to have a bad game and get slated will remain to be seen. I sincerely hope we can keep him and others until the summer - would be a real blow to see this team picked apart halfway through a season. Maybe I’m just steeling myself against the next 29 days.
I don’t read anyone slating Mac, I’m certainly not, I am questioning the decision of the club though, especially when most other clubs have their players returned in time for these rounds of matches.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don’t read anyone slating Mac, I’m certainly not, I am questioning the decision of the club though, especially when most other clubs have their players returned in time for these rounds of matches.
another poster said if he has a few bad games people will end up slating him after desperately wanting him back.

Anyway, I feel similar to you, but also reflect the club has taken a nurturing approach. As @Jim in the West says above, perhaps this holds the club in great stead when the next MacA or Caceido is deciding whether to leave their home continent in their late teens and what club to join - we're certainly showing ourselves to be great for player development, their welfare and looking after them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He’s just won the World Cup FFS. It‘s the ultimate in football, most likely a once-in-a-lifetime achievement. I feel the club have called this perfectly, are acting on a “human level” which is entirely appropriate and I don’t care what other clubs have done.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
He’s just won the World Cup FFS. It‘s the ultimate in football, most likely a once-in-a-lifetime achievement. I feel the club have called this perfectly, are acting on a “human level” which is entirely appropriate and I don’t care what other clubs have done.
So if Argentina had lost the final? This was apparently decided beforehand so your point is bollocks.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
So if Argentina had lost the final? This was apparently decided beforehand so your point is bollocks.
Mac Allister would have returned today win or lose.

All players were given 2 weeks (or thereabouts) off. Those who didn’t go to the World Cup had theirs at the start of the break before the club went to Dubai. The players who did go to the World Cup had two weeks off once their sides had been eliminated.

Our Ecuadorian trio returned to training on December 14th for example. So the breaks were planned all along.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well said.

The level of wormy entitlement among a cohort of our fanbase is, frankly, pitiful.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No idea what the plan was had he lost. Maybe he‘d have come home a little earlier?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Maybe I'm being naive but I really don't think we'll sell anyone of any value in January, particularly not from central midfield where with the sale of Bissouma, Mwepu's retirement and Moder's injury we're now fairly light. I expect there'll be rumours and reports daily that players a, b and c are off to clubs x, y and z but I'm confident they'll not come to fruition.

That is, unless a 100m offer comes in...😯

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports