Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So 4 weeks off then, not 2. Martinez on the bench today for Villa. Romero started for Spurs. That’s just 2 examples. How come Mac is not even back in the flipping UK yet?
Martinez didn’t play and Spurs lost. If he’s training on Mon/Tuesday that’s 2 weeks off. Everything is happening as planned IMO - and if Mac is travelling over with Wonderkid, think how great that’d be for the lad.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Blimey, the guy has just been in the team that has won the world cup! Surely that's every footballers dream!!!! Yes he is integral to BHA but bloody hell everyone is expecting him to leave in a couple of weeks anyway, so may as well get used to him not being here!! How anyone can begrudge him celebrating for 2 weeks is beyond me. We have a player in our team that has just helped his national team win the world cup! Can't we just be exceptionally ecstatic for him (& us)? If it's not a prob for the powers that be, why are some getting the hump about it? Personally I just feel basically proud that he plays for us & we've helped get him there. :clap:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So 4 weeks off then, not 2. Martinez on the bench today for Villa. Romero started for Spurs. That’s just 2 examples. How come Mac is not even back in the flipping UK yet?
No, not four weeks at all. Just the pre-arranged times and dates agreed with the club. Nothing to see here (except a rather tedious thread full of inaccuracies and some random assertions).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Part of me can’t help feel a little disappointed that despite the club generously offering him 2 weeks off, he didn’t fancy taking just 12 days instead and being available for a big game v Arsenal and then Everton.

Not holding it against him in anyway, I’m sure he’s had a great time, but would have loved it had he said thanks for the offer of 14 days but I’ll be back for Arsenal, I really want to get playing again.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Part of me can’t help feel a little disappointed that despite the club generously offering him 2 weeks off, he didn’t fancy taking just 12 days instead and being available for a big game v Arsenal and then Everton.

Not holding it against him in anyway, I’m sure he’s had a great time, but would have loved it had he said thanks for the offer of 14 days but I’ll be back for Arsenal, I really want to get playing again.
That would have meant basically getting off the plane and playing……will need at least a couple of days training I would think (depending on what he’s been doing whilst away). He also knew he had two weeks from the off, so probably had a fairly full agenda

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That would have meant basically getting off the plane and playing……will need at least a couple of days training I would think (depending on what he’s been doing whilst away). He also knew he had two weeks from the off, so probably had a fairly full agenda
Well, yesterday a few of them looked like they’d not played for 12 days and got straight off a plane! 😁

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

He’s a young guy, playing 1000s of miles from home. Given the timing of him going to Argentina to celebrate, it was totally reasonable to stay to spend Xmas and New Year at home with friends and family imo.

Proud of the club not forcing him back.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
What..?? So we get them in prime condition for the likes of Chelsea..??

Looking after players so they become ambassadors for our club makes total business sense.

Not standing in the way of players leaving for bigger clubs does too. (Although you’d hope to get several seasons out of them).

It’s where we’re at. Working pretty well, I’d say.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
He’s a young guy, playing 1000s of miles from home. Given the timing of him going to Argentina to celebrate, it was totally reasonable to stay to spend Xmas and New Year at home with friends and family imo.

Proud of the club not forcing him back.
So are all the other Argentinian players, how come the others appear to be back with their clubs and some even playing?

Arsenal was never going to be an option, Everton should have been.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
So are all the other Argentinian players, how come the others appear to be back with their clubs and some even playing?

How old are the others and what role did they all play? Did any go as relative unknowns who were not expected to start who came back as superstars after being brilliant for the tournament and the best midfielder on the park in the final?

The other standout Argentina player in the final didn’t play for psg today.

I wrote about how pointless it is picking someone not fully focussed a few days agai and surely it is better to give someone a little longer and to be right rather than rush people back. I notice lloris had a clanger and Romero was dreadful and lucky not to get a red.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Because other clubs didn't let their players have two weeks off.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Maybe he did? Maybe the club said no take the two weeks? Who knows?

One thing that will be entirely predictable is as soon as he has a below par game there'll be people(I'm not suggesting you'll be one of them btw) on his back slating him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
”Chelsea, who are confident of extending N’Golo Kanté’s contract, are looking to be aggressive in January as they attempt to kickstart their top-four challenge. They are trying to boost their midfield by signing Enzo Fernández from Benfica and are also interested in the Brighton midfielder Alexis Mac Allister.

Today’s Guardian

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
”Chelsea, who are confident of extending N’Golo Kanté’s contract, are looking to be aggressive in January as they attempt to kickstart their top-four challenge. They are trying to boost their midfield by signing Enzo Fernández from Benfica and are also interested in the Brighton midfielder Alexis Mac Allister.

Today’s Guardian
Chelsea will soon be hitting the Financial Fair Play ceiling. I think I saw their last 9 months spending on players at £270m and that's without the costs of the Potter and co recruitment at a further £24m. If they get Fernandez from Benfica thats another £90m. So just about £400m in 12 months and they are only 8th.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Chelsea will soon be hitting the Financial Fair Play ceiling. I think I saw their last 9 months spending on players at £270m and that's without the costs of the Potter and co recruitment at a further £24m. If they get Fernandez from Benfica thats another £90m. So just about £400m in 12 months and they are only 8th.
Do clubs still pay attention to this? Haven’t Everton overspent recently?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Other Argentinian players? - that's just whataboutery. We made an arrangemet with Mac, nothing to do with anybody else, and the deal has been/is being honoured. Move on, FFS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here