Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
So much fabricated bull shit being bandied about

My guess, and thats all it is, is that TB knew there will be big interest and knew a good world cup would boost that, getting Mac to sign a new deal in October was the master stroke.

If he can rinse Chelsea for 7 figures, go for it . . . But Will Ali Mac want to go ? ? It'd be good to at least see him stay until the end of the season.

7? surely not.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
So much fabricated bull shit being bandied about

My guess, and thats all it is, is that TB knew there will be big interest and knew a good world cup would boost that, getting Mac to sign a new deal in October was the master stroke.

If he can rinse Chelsea for 7 figures, go for it . . . But Will Ali Mac want to go ? ? It'd be good to at least see him stay until the end of the season.
7 figures?

That would buy you Trevor Francis in the late 70s!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He's definitely not better than Kante.

And I think a few of Chelseas starting midfielders are not good enough for them either !

I'm talking top 4 standard.
Whether he is better or not than Kante is not very relevant as he's an aging man who has been injured all season and played not so well last season when he was half-injured.

They also need more midfielders than just one.

I think Ali Mac is good enough for top 4. He'd struggle with game time in Manchester City but other than that, no problems.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Just a hunch, all of us guess on fees including professional writers, I see £65m for both. A silly thing, but I wonder if TB would like the £62 broken.

If Caicedo’s trajectory continues further, he’s still a relative baby and if he outplays/out fights the opposition in 4 games out of 5, who knows?

There are interestingly fair comments about Rice on KUMB. They point out that he’s excelled whilst surrounded by inferior players, having to perform several roles and playing for a negative coach.https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=169193&start=9800
They see Rice going up a notch when surrounded by quality.

In cheaper transfer times Partey cost £45m and Rodri £62m.

I envisage young TB striking gold again.
Nice interchange with @Brighton Lines here. Another thing to throw in the mix is that there are a fair few CMs who have been due a move for a while now (Rice, Bellingham, Tielemans, Neves among them) and some more whose stock has risen courtesy of the WC (Hernandez, Amrabat, Ouhnani). In other words, there's a fair bit of supply that may temper demand in CM -- unlike with, for instance, CB, LB and CF. This might impact on prices.
I do think it'll take a silly offer in order to lose one of our stars this window. The summer is a different matter though.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Nice interchange with @Brighton Lines here. Another thing to throw in the mix is that there are a fair few CMs who have been due a move for a while now (Rice, Bellingham, Tielemans, Neves among them) and some more whose stock has risen courtesy of the WC (Hernandez, Amrabat, Ouhnani). In other words, there's a fair bit of supply that may temper demand in CM -- unlike with, for instance, CB, LB and CF. This might impact on prices.
I do think it'll take a silly offer in order to lose one of our stars this window. The summer is a different matter though.
Look at it from a different angle
we get to keep them both for a while longer 😎

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Mac Allister was granted a fortnight off. He wasn’t supposed to be back until the build-up to Saturday’s FA Cup third-round visit to Middlesbrough, but is returning sooner, such is his eagerness to resume action with Brighton and to catch up with his team-mates.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Mac Allister was granted a fortnight off. He wasn’t supposed to be back until the build-up to Saturday’s FA Cup third-round visit to Middlesbrough, but is returning sooner, such is his eagerness to resume action with Brighton and to catch up with his team-mates.
The world cup final was 2 weeks ago right ? So back when he said he would be.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes seems a bit odd

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

It was 2 weeks. With a first sub appearance or partial game for the cup game pencilled in. Too soon for Everton.

He hasn't come back early.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
The club have messed up here IMO.
Yes, maybe we can petition Anthony Taylor to book Alexis for that serious offence of not getting back early. So that Mac Allister can miss his next game for proper reasons (5 yellows).

Barber out!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He'll get back here, train, be in the squad, maybe get a short run out @ Middlesborough, maybe not, and be on fire for the Liverpool game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here