Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unpopular opinion, but not devoid of truth.

Mac is still the same player who left for the World Cup. An intelligent midfielder who comfortably sits at this level. He played in an Argentinian team who didn't have a rough ride to the final and had it not been for Messi would have fallen earlier.
How many of the teams they played were comparable to top four Premier League sides ? France, yes. Croatia and Netherlands are capable sides but not Manchester City.

He had a very good tournament and playing alongside Messi did help that.

But before the tournament it was Trossard who was seen as our stand out player. The best thing about Mac is that the tournament added another £20m to his contract price. But it didn't make him a different player. Tidy and reliable. Good at this level and certainly for us. But I wouldn't use the term 'world class'.

I'd be surprised if there was a £70m offer because I think there are probably a number of quality players who clubs could snap for a bit less. It's the reason why Declan Rice still plays for West Ham.
Back in September here and elsewhere I was posting about the quality and consistency of Caicedo and Mac Allister. Imho they’d perform in the centre midfields of any top 6 team, immediately improving some of them.

Both a little under the radar for those who follow forwards or flying fullbacks, performing the vital yet unsexy roles of pivots, shielding the defence, destroying opposition 2’s or 3’s, covering ground box to box, instinctively knowing when to pass to game-changers. Very hard for opposition coaches to counter that, they’re seemingly everywhere, adding to the tactics confusion that Howe and others have mentioned post Albion games.

Trossard on his day is immense, I can see him as a squad player at ManC or a starter at Chelsea, consistency is his downfall.

Rice has repaid the faith shown in him as a 15 year old with loyalty, despite overtures, Chelsea has been spoken about as his destination for years.

The income of the European giants is accelerating away, transfer fee inflation is gathering pace. The CL distribution pot was €2.7b, by 2024/25 it’ll be €5b.

It’ll be interesting to see what fees TB will eventually accept for the two.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Back in September here and elsewhere I was posting about the quality and consistency of Caicedo and Mac Allister. Imho they’d perform in the centre midfields of any top 6 team, immediately improving some of them.

Both a little under the radar for those who follow forwards or flying fullbacks, both perform the vital yet unsexy roles of pivots, shielding the defence, destroying opposition 2’s or 3’s, covering ground box to box, instinctively knowing when to pass to game-changers. Very hard for opposition coaches to counter that, they’re seemingly everywhere, adding to the tactics confusion that Howe and others have mentioned post Albion games.

Trossard on his day is immense, I can see him as a squad player at ManC or a starter at Chelsea, consistency is his downfall.

Rice has repaid the faith shown in him as a 15 year old with loyalty, despite overtures, Chelsea has been spoken about as his destination for years.

The income of the European giants is accelerating away, transfer fee inflation is gathering pace. The CL distribution pot was €2.7b, by 2024/25 it’ll be €5b.

It’ll be interesting to see what fees TB will eventually accept for the two.
Enjoyable read. My senses are often good on transfer fees and it would interesting to see if I'm capable of reading this one correct.

I think the club would would want £70m. Not a lot more than Cucu, but we all know that was robbery.

But in my head I can't see who would pay that. That's why it's so interesting. Tony would have no hesitation in saying no to Juve or whoever. Say no to Manchester City and it's CTRL A and V. This is a fascinating one.

But I'm not sure any club would meet Albion's valuation. One thing is for sure, the papers can make up what they like, he won't go in January unless the £70m mark was met. And even then.

Okay, Chelsea, maybe...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Enjoyable read. My senses are often good on transfer fees and it would interesting to see if I'm capable of reading this one correct.

I think the club would would want £70m. Not a lot more than Cucu, but we all know that was robbery.

But in my head I can't see who would pay that. That's why it's so interesting. Tony would have no hesitation in saying no to Juve or whoever. Say no to Manchester City and it's CTRL A and V. This is a fascinating one.

But I'm not sure any club would meet Albion's valuation. One thing is for sure, the papers can make up what they like, he won't go in January unless the £70m mark was met. And even then.

Okay, Chelsea, maybe...
Just a hunch, all of us guess on fees including professional writers, I see £65m for both. A silly thing, but I wonder if TB would like the £62 broken.

If Caicedo’s trajectory continues further, he’s still a relative baby and if he outplays/out fights the opposition in 4 games out of 5, who knows?

There are interestingly fair comments about Rice on KUMB. They point out that he’s excelled whilst surrounded by inferior players, having to perform several roles and playing for a negative coach.https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=169193&start=9800
They see Rice going up a notch when surrounded by quality.

In cheaper transfer times Partey cost £45m and Rodri £62m.

I envisage young TB striking gold again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I read one of these today where the writer actually referenced the £35M that has been bandied about, and added "seems unlikely, double that would be closer"
Well at least someone had their head out of the sand

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Mac is still the same player who left for the World Cup. An intelligent midfielder who comfortably sits at this level. He played in an Argentinian team who didn't have a rough ride to the final and had it not been for Messi would have fallen earlier.

How many of the teams they played were comparable to top four Premier League sides ? France, yes. Croatia and Netherlands are capable sides but not Manchester City.

But before the tournament it was Trossard who was seen as our stand out player. The best thing about Mac is that the tournament added another £20m to his contract price. But it didn't make him a different player. Tidy and reliable. Good at this level and certainly for us. But I wouldn't use the term 'world class'.

I'd be surprised if there was a £70m offer because I think there are probably a number of quality players who clubs could snap for a bit less. It's the reason why Declan Rice still plays for West Ham.
Great post.

Before the world cup most thought maccer would be on the fringes of the argie team. He's always been a solid, but mostly unspectacular player for brighton. And I'm still not convinced he's top 4 quality. But definitely good enough for us and really happy to have him.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Liverpool, Juventus, Benfica and Borussia Dortmund are interested in Brighton and Argentina star Alexis Mac Allister, 24, who may be available for between £31m and £35m. According to the BBC Gossip website anyway. I suppose he may be available for between £31m and £35m, but I doubt it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think we'll be alright - barring injury - for this season. It will take an eye-watering - and frankly damned silly - offer to shift either him or Caicedo in January. Come the summer, though ................................

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I'd love to know why some of these turds are allowed near football websites. So Brighton are offering Mac for £31m and Juventus (a club on the brink of relegation and mass arrests) have signed him and We've put Caicedo out for a bidding war starting at £35m, and Trossard has been offered to at least 6 top flight sides. Fourfourtwo is even naming an Ecuadorian website as its sauce (an article by a Palace fan) and others Spanish and Italian sites - because that's who Brighton inform first. I'd just like to read a bull rumour about someone we're signing for a change. (Although I'm very happy with our squad).

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This is so boring. Could Chelsea just feck off now
20221231_082114.jpg
please.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Will laugh if they pay any more than 75m for maccer. Not good enough for Chelsea IMHO.

Would be a very bad move for maccer though as he's such a confidence player.
Disagree with all of this.

He's better than all of their midfielders (except maybe for a fit Kovacic). The equation "they're playing Loftus-Cheek nearly every week but Alexis isn't good enough" is not working for me.

Also don't think he's a confidence player at all, rather the opposite. Win or lose, Alexis is among the best on the pitch.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

I think that Declan Rice still plays for West Ham because he still wants to play for West Ham.
Well he did - probably not lately though!! He will be gone on the Summer

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Will laugh if they pay any more than 75m for maccer. Not good enough for Chelsea IMHO.

Would be a very bad move for maccer though as he's such a confidence player.
You’re really not a fan of his are you?! 😂

Totally disagree with all of this, particularly the confidence player thing, he has proven that mental resilience is actually one of his many strengths.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Disagree with all of this.

He's better than all of their midfielders (except maybe for a fit Kovacic). The equation "they're playing Loftus-Cheek nearly every week but Alexis isn't good enough" is not working for me.

Also don't think he's a confidence player at all, rather the opposite. Win or lose, Alexis is among the best on the pitch.
He's definitely not better than Kante.

And I think a few of Chelseas starting midfielders are not good enough for them either !

I'm talking top 4 standard.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Agree with your broad sentiment here, but I'd add that Ali Mac has been our PotS so far (and was saying that prior to the WC). Tross is not far behind, ditto March and Gross. I don't think we've had a PL season where all the leading candidates are all forward-minded players.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
So much fabricated bull shit being bandied about

My guess, and thats all it is, is that TB knew there will be big interest and knew a good world cup would boost that, getting Mac to sign a new deal in October was the master stroke.

If he can rinse Chelsea for 7 (x100) 🙄 figures, go for it . . . But Will Ali Mac want to go ? ? It'd be good to at least see him stay until the end of the season.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here