[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jul 7, 2003
Liverpool, Juventus, Benfica and Borussia Dortmund are interested in Brighton and Argentina star Alexis Mac Allister, 24, who may be available for between £31m and £35m. (La Repubblica - in Italian)
FFS, stop reproducing the BBC gossip column here. All you do is start the lemmings off in another discussion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Brighton and Argentina star Alexis Mac Allister, 24, who may be available for between £31m and £35m
Yep, all evidence of our recent transfer dealings are that we'd sell a young world cup winner for just £35m :facepalm:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I think Alexis Mac Allister's uncle will find that it is Brighton who will be analysing any possible proposals. If they are considered acceptable, only then will they be discussed with Alexis's uncle!

As an aside, I do hope Alexis's uncle, father and other family members don't start trying to call the shots and influence the lad to start being awkward. If he behaves impeccably, and doesn't make stupid waves he'll get his big move all in good time anyway - no need for him to arse about. I hope his family realise that.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Where's this £30 odd million figure come from that a lot of the media are reporting? It's so odd.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Where's this £30 odd million figure come from that a lot of the media are reporting? It's so odd.
As we witnessed earlier this season one twatter posts it and it becomes a fact.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yep, all evidence of our recent transfer dealings are that we'd sell a young world cup winner for just £35m :facepalm:
I read one of these today where the writer actually referenced the £35M that has been bandied about, and added "seems unlikely, double that would be closer"

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I read one of these today where the writer actually referenced the £35M that has been bandied about, and added "seems unlikely, double that would be closer"
I’d be very surprised if either Caicedo or Mac Allister sell for less than £65m.

In addition, Bloom’s (obviously) no mug on the “with add-ons” game. With recent sales, the initial sum paid has been the lion’s share and vast.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
An expert on Arsenal-Mania reckons Messi made average Mac A look good.

03AACEFD-4391-44A9-87C7-AA3C486A9C99.png

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
An expert on Arsenal-Mania reckons Messi made average Mac A look good.

View attachment 155159
Unpopular opinion, but not devoid of truth.

Mac is still the same player who left for the World Cup. An intelligent midfielder who comfortably sits at this level. He played in an Argentinian team who didn't have a rough ride to the final and had it not been for Messi would have fallen earlier.

How many of the teams they played were comparable to top four Premier League sides ? France, yes. Croatia and Netherlands are capable sides but not Manchester City.

He had a very good tournament and playing alongside Messi did help that.

But before the tournament it was Trossard who was seen as our stand out player. The best thing about Mac is that the tournament added another £20m to his contract price. But it didn't make him a different player. Tidy and reliable. Good at this level and certainly for us. But I wouldn't use the term 'world class'.

I'd be surprised if there was a £70m offer because I think there are probably a number of quality players who clubs could snap for a bit less. It's the reason why Declan Rice still plays for West Ham.

Last edited:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Unpopular opinion, but not devoid of truth.

Mac is still the same player who left for the World Cup. An intelligent midfielder who comfortably sits at this level. He played in an Argentinian team who didn't have a rough ride to the final and had it not been for Messi would have fallen earlier.

How many of the teams they played were comparable to top four Premier League sides ? France, yes. Croatia and Netherlands are capable sides but not Manchester City.

He had a very good tournament and playing alongside Messi did help that.

But before the tournament it was Trossard who was seen as our stand out player. The best thing about Mac is that the tournament added another £20m to his contract price. But it didn't make him a different player. Tidy and reliable. Good at this level and certainly for us. But I wouldn't use the term 'world class'.
Clearly, the solution to all our problems is to sign Messi.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports