[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2873544/alexis-mac-allister-signs-new-long-term-contract

That is all you need to know. The ink is hardly dry. Brighton are not about to sell their highest regarded player unless it is mind blowing. It's odd that before the WC he wasn't our top asset but on the world stage in what he excelled has put untold value on his head.

Before the WC he was only really known for the best disallowed goal this season.
We know nothing about the terms of that contract.

Jimmy Grimble

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
De Zerbi has said he will talk to MacAllister when he is back to discuss preferred positions as rumoured he wants to play more of the role we saw for Argentina than deeper lying midfielder. That would be taking Lallanas spot in the side which would leave us a gap in central midfield that perhaps Groß would pick up or we would need to recruit to fill

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Liverpool, Juventus, Benfica and Borussia Dortmund are interested in Brighton and Argentina star Alexis Mac Allister, 24, who may be available for between £31m and £35m. (La Repubblica - in Italian)
Benfica!! Surely after how they mucked us around with Nunez, our position, to them in particular, should be, "we want £30 million" (get them to nibble) and then with whatever they comeback with, tell them its gone up £20 million every time they open their mouth.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Liverpool, Juventus, Benfica and Borussia Dortmund are interested in Brighton and Argentina star Alexis Mac Allister, 24, who may be available for between £31m and £35m. (La Repubblica - in Italian)
They are having a laugh if they think they can get him for that price unless written into his contract (and I can't see us setting a buyout for less than £50m). Don't want him to leave but I suspect he will by the summer and would have my blessing for anything north of £50m. Then we just find the next one and reinvest.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm no expert but £35 million for a 24 year old world cup winner on a recently extended contract seems a little low?
Yup it does, but if TB wants him in another country rather than in a competing club then Brighton might have to accept a lower fee than otherwise. But £35m is still low and not happening unless there is a really, really fat sell-on fee.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'm no expert but £35 million for a 24 year old world cup winner on a recently extended contract seems a little low?
As poster says above, unless they know about a release clause (not detailed in article), then it’s basically utter bollocks.

So many of these articles are “top team wants good player” then their estimate of the player’s value, regardless of reality.

I doubt this is coming from Mac’s people, unlike the Bissouma/Cucurella stuff. It’s just clickbait journalism for the time being.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It is fairly likely that it includes some kind of clause that limits how much Albion can get for him. Or it would have been frankly f***ing stupid for him to sign it.
But lets just not think too much about that.
Agreed, and I suspect the clause would specifically mention a CL club as it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that Ali Mac would want to play CL football and, irrespective of the length of the contract and his importance to B&HA, he's not going to get that here.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Benfica!! Surely after how they mucked us around with Nunez, our position, to them in particular, should be, "we want £30 million" (get them to nibble) and then with whatever they comeback with, tell them its gone up £20 million every time they open their mouth.
Neither Benfica or Dortmund would pay the fee we’d want. A transfer would have to be part of a player exchange with the likes of Ramos involved.

However, I suspect Mac would only want to be leaving for a bigger European club (EPL Big 6, PSG, Bayern, Real or Barca) unless we made it clear we need him out and want the money instead.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Allegedly his dad has been talking about Juventus ?

Attachments

• 5FCF79D2-80CE-4F91-A3EB-C594D825D49B.jpeg
    5FCF79D2-80CE-4F91-A3EB-C594D825D49B.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 20

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports