[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
He's unlikely to ever experience anything like this again. It's been so emotional for the Argentinians to win this particular WC with Messi, it would be normal at 23 to think "and now what?",,,, "is this as good at it gets?". Not to put a downer on it but it' could be a hard one for him - a bit different for AliMac to win the WC before winning anything else rather than Messi winning it at the end of a glorious career.

Last edited:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He's unlikely to ever experience anything like this again. It's been so emotional for the Argentinians to win this particular WC with Messi, it would be normal at 23 to think "and now what?",,,, "is this as good at it gets?". Not to put a downer on it but it' could be a hard one for him - a bit different for AliMac to win the WC before winning anything else rather than Messi winning it at the end of a glorious career.
Hopefully. Hopefully that means he feels like he can remain here his entire career.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
following his social media he’s still absolutely going for it, having his birthday in the middle hasn’t helped either ! Gonna be ages until he’s back fit / mentally fit I reckon
I hope (and suspect) he is far more professional than that. Also don’t judge other countries by the booze culture of the UK. I might be in a minority here but I believe he should be back ‘at work’ by the end of this week. All the players who played in the QFs turned out for their clubs this weekend, the final was only 1 week later.

Arsenal is likely too early but I’d expect him to be in the squad for Everton.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I hope (and suspect) he is far more professional than that. Also don’t judge other countries by the booze culture of the UK. I might be in a minority here but I believe he should be back ‘at work’ by the end of this week. All the players who played in the QFs turned out for their clubs this weekend, the final was only 1 week later.

I’m not even talking about booze - but he’s been carried around celebrating pretty much non stop. Did you not see the parade in his home town the other day? Mentally the comedown from that back to a cold rainy England will be huge. Plus being surrounded by all his family for such a long time, then having to leave them to be back with just his girlfriend will be another factor.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I’m not even talking about booze - but he’s been carried around celebrating pretty much non stop. Did you not see the parade in his home town the other day? Mentally the comedown from that back to a cold rainy England will be huge. Plus being surrounded by all his family for such a long time, then having to leave them to be back with just his girlfriend will be another factor.
But that’s normal life for him, it’s what’s happening now that is not normal. Being a pro footballer is a bit like being in the forces from a time away from your family perspective, you get used to it.

What’s important is that he is staying physically fit. It’s one thing the club giving him a fortnight off, another if he comes back seriously unfit, I’d expect the club to take a pretty dim view of it if 2 weeks became 4-5 weeks. I don’t think it will though.

If England had won this World Cup then I doubt most of the squad would have been match ready again until around Easter!!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Two weeks off after the final should mean he'll be back in Brighton by then but would be surprised to see him in the matchday squad until Boro in the cup.

Expect him in the starting lineup against Liverpool.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But that’s normal life for him, it’s what’s happening now that is not normal. Being a pro footballer is a bit like being in the forces from a time away from your family perspective, you get used to it.

What’s important is that he is staying physically fit. It’s one thing the club giving him a fortnight off, another if he comes back seriously unfit, I’d expect the club to take a pretty dim view of it if 2 weeks became 4-5 weeks. I don’t think it will though.

If England had won this World Cup then I doubt most of the squad would have been match ready again until around Easter!!
Agreed - it’s normal life when you’re used to it, but when you’re back for 10 days - 2 weeks celebrating a World Cup, christmas & your birthday all in that time I can’t imagine what it’d do mentally to you to have to leave and ‘get back to work’ as it were.

I reckon Liverpool is the earliest we will see him

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
So what's the up-to-date list of clubs who are buying Ally Mac? I make it Dortmund, Atletico Madrid, Juventus, Inter, Benfica (as if), Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, West Ham (I know! My aching sides ...), maybe Tottenham and probably Manchester United.

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
Surely Macallister's fee would be upwards of 45-50 M now. If that's the case, he will end up at his final destination and not another stepping stone like Dortmund.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's all true, it has certainly worked out perfectly for Messi, but the fact is that many great players don't ever get to win it, so he'll just have to learn that he's done very well to win it and anything else he gets is a bonus.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Surely Macallister's fee would be upwards of 45-50 M now. If that's the case, he will end up at his final destination and not another stepping stone like Dortmund.
I think we'd ask club record fee, so more than the £63m we got for Cucurella.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports