Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Just guessing here but White, Ryan and Ali J were all permanently signed to Brighton at the start of the WC qualifiers in 2019 so it would make sense that BHA get a proportion of the Cubs Benefits payout for them. Mooy didnt sign as a permanent player for Brighton until 2020 - he was only on loan to us from Middlesborough at the start of the Qualifying period so that may have ruled him out for us in terms of benefits.

As I say, just guessing though - I posted up the individual payouts, but I can’t claim to understand them 🤷‍♂️🙂

Huddersfield

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
It's feeling to me like an amplified version of peak-Cucu when he was player of the season, lauded, highly prized, sort after and sold.
We are now at peak-AliMac, being (rightly so) lauded by PB, the BBC, everyone really. So much so that I'll be shocked if we don't sell him in January or Summer.
Still hope I'm wrong though 🤞🎅

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It's feeling to me like an amplified version of peak-Cucu when he was player of the season, lauded, highly prized, sort after and sold.
We are now at peak-AliMac, being (rightly so) lauded by PB, the BBC, everyone really. So much so that I'll be shocked if we don't sell him in January or Summer.
We all hope you are wrong!

What is astonishing is this £50m+ group of players the club have been able to have playing for us. Moises and Mac and possibly Tross (although his contract situation is an issue) are in the same band (value wise) as White and Cucu were. It’s just unbelievable that the club are getting their hands on these sorts of players and turning them into superstars.

Amexarmadillo

Dec 22, 2021
We’re at a cross roads really imo. It’s great that our recent signings are all proving to be world class operators but we are going to really struggle if we let too many go too quickly. The main counter if we want to keep players and keep them happy is starting to pay them more which will require a strategy change. Ultimately if these type of player are going to eventually make us £50-60m+ in transfers I think it’s worth paying them more until the time suits us to sell.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, scheduling the WC in the winter it was annoyingly very disruptive but I feel absolutely that given the season was going to be fcuked around with anyway, far better for Brighton to be represented as we were than to have none of our players in Qatar - you can tell from the team messages over the last month, how much of a boost it’s given the squad so for me, the income is just a bonus.
The income is just a bonus indeed - round about 1/40th. of a Cucurella. Not that I would scoff at 1.5M anything - pounds, dollars or Euros - but in terms of PL finance is about the same as an average PL player's annual salary.
Victory parade abandoned ……now flying from helicopters…….one person jumped from a bridge onto the players buss :facepalm:
The players' buss - trolley or mini?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nice of former World Cup winners to get involved in selling our players to other clubs.

"That is according to Emmanuel Petit, the former Gunners midfielder who believes his old club should sign not one but two players from the Seagulls.
Ecuadorian midfielder Moises Caicedo also performed well in Qatar and Petit would like to see him join Mac Allister in forming a partnership for years to come at Arsenal."

"He (Mac Allister) is at Brighton! What are Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City doing? Come on! He plays brilliant football.”

**** off, Emmanuel Petit!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
"That is according to Emmanuel Petit, the former Gunners midfielder who believes his old club should sign not one but two players from the Seagulls.
Ecuadorian midfielder Moises Caicedo also performed well in Qatar and Petit would like to see him join Mac Allister in forming a partnership for years to come at Arsenal."

"He (Mac Allister) is at Brighton! What are Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City doing? Come on! He plays brilliant football.”

**** off, Emmanuel Petit!
Seconded

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just guessing here but White, Ryan and Ali J were all permanently signed to Brighton at the start of the WC qualifiers in 2019 so it would make sense that BHA get a proportion of the Cubs Benefits payout for them. Mooy didnt sign as a permanent player for Brighton until 2020 - he was only on loan to us from Middlesborough at the start of the Qualifying period so that may have ruled him out for us in terms of benefits.

As I say, just guessing though - I posted up the individual payouts, but I can’t claim to understand them 🤷‍♂️🙂
Resident Huddersfield massive answers………..he has never played for middlesborough. He came to us from town!

reading your posts, I thought you knew all about what you were talking about

bloody JCL’s

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can you imagine the meltdown on here when Saudi FC come in with £100mill and a wages packet 10 times ours In January

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can you imagine the meltdown on here when Saudi FC come in with £100mill and a wages packet 10 times ours In January
If they come in with a straight up cash-on-the-nail £100M offer I think that would be enough to secure the move, yes. I think there'd only be a meltdown if there was under-hand unsettling of the player, shitehousery and low offers. £100M, we re-invest and move on.

I would be sad to lose him so soon though.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If I was TB and that happened, I would say "Thank you and good luck," to Ali Mac, take the money and run!

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here