Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Apologies if this has already been posted anywhere (I couldnt see it)

”Brighton hope "it won't be a problem for a couple of years" when it comes to keeping hold of Alexis Mac Allister, says chief executive Paul Barber.” 😍😍😍 if true 🤷‍♂️

Edit - and when was the last time BBC Sport ran a whole long story exclusively on any Brighton player - we’re usually lucky if the whole Club gets a post-PL match report. How great is that - I feel I’m part of some hallowed hall of fame moment supporting Brighton these days! What a fantastic achievement for the Club.
Garth’s team of the week guaranteed now with him being a World Cup winner

Last edited:

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Because it would increase his value on the market.

Before he signed a new contract he had about 18 months left on his contract. Meaning he could leave Bissouma-cheaply next summer (£30-35m) or for free in 2023. If his new contract (2025+1) has a release fee of £50m+, Brighton will get more money than with his old contract.

I don't really see a world where he a few weeks before the World Cup signs a new contract that could force him to stay for four more years. Unless he and his agents are idiots, there must be something like a release clause or similar baked into the deal.

Of course it is preferable to avoid these clauses but sometimes you have to make exceptions if you don't want players to leave on a free transfer etc. Similar to how TB does not want to buy players in January but still sometimes its the right thing to do.
Yeah, upon reflection I agree with you!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Because it would increase his value on the market.

Before he signed a new contract he had about 18 months left on his contract. Meaning he could leave Bissouma-cheaply next summer (£30-35m) or for free in 2023. If his new contract (2025+1) has a release fee of £50m+, Brighton will get more money than with his old contract.

I don't really see a world where he a few weeks before the World Cup signs a new contract that could force him to stay for four more years. Unless he and his agents are idiots, there must be something like a release clause or similar baked into the deal.

Of course it is preferable to avoid these clauses but sometimes you have to make exceptions if you don't want players to leave on a free transfer etc. Similar to how TB does not want to buy players in January but still sometimes its the right thing to do.
Or he trusts Bloom implicitly?

Seeing is believing; White, Bissouma and Cucu were all allowed to leave …. at the right price.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Apologies if noted elsewhere...

Apart from the attention, prestige and inflated transfer fee in the future, Alexis brought home $370,000 from FIFA to Brighton to thank us for letting him play, part of the overall $1.3m our current AND previous players generated for the club (we even got some money back for Jahanbakhsh) All detailed in The Athletic .

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just popped in to say you must be very proud of having a current World Cup winner in your team.

Thats pretty special for any team outside the top six, I can’t recall another.
That's an irresponsible post. Cue millions of West Ham fans jumping on the band wagon reminding us they had 3.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Apologies if noted elsewhere...

Apart from the attention, prestige and inflated transfer fee in the future, Alexis brought home $370,000 from FIFA to Brighton to thank us for letting him play, part of the overall $1.3m our current AND previous players generated for the club (we even got some money back for Jahanbakhsh) All detailed in The Athletic .
I posted the breakdown figures yesterday on the WC thread after no one answered my request on this thread 🙂 (but perhaps people didn’t see it - so here is the post again)

“Eight Brighton stars featured at the World Cup - none more impressively than Alexis Mac Allister who has helped Argentina reach the showpiece final. His run saw Albion receive a tidy sum of $370,000. Leandro Trossard and Tariq Lamptey earned the Seagulls $180,000 each after Belgium and Ghana's respective group stage exits. Ecuadorian trio Moisés Caicedo, Pervis Estupiñán and Jeremy Sarmiento were worth a combined fee of $240,000 after their early departure. Robert Sánchez's run to the last 16 with Spain brought $220,000 back to the Amex. Kaoru Mitoma dazzled in Qatar as Japan reached the round of 16, but last season's loan at Belgian club Union SG reduced his compensation fee to $100,000. Ex-Seagulls Matt Ryan (Australia), Ben White (England) and Alireza Jahanbakhsh (Iran) made Albion $240,000.”

I make that $1,530,000 usd

= £1,259,802.00 for Brighton’s WC players run

Nothing to be sniffed at eh? - Feel free to correct if necessary please!

https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/spo...elsea-tottenham-and-newcastle-gallery-3955558

Perhaps an increase in wages for our WC players?

Mr Phil

Nov 29, 2022
He's a wanker though.
I wondered what his hand was doing down there...

1671547298998.png

Mr Phil

Nov 29, 2022
I posted the breakdown figures yesterday on the WC thread after no one answered my request on this thread 🙂 (but perhaps people didn’t see it - so here is the post again)

“Eight Brighton stars featured at the World Cup - none more impressively than Alexis Mac Allister who has helped Argentina reach the showpiece final. His run saw Albion receive a tidy sum of $370,000. Leandro Trossard and Tariq Lamptey earned the Seagulls $180,000 each after Belgium and Ghana's respective group stage exits. Ecuadorian trio Moisés Caicedo, Pervis Estupiñán and Jeremy Sarmiento were worth a combined fee of $240,000 after their early departure. Robert Sánchez's run to the last 16 with Spain brought $220,000 back to the Amex. Kaoru Mitoma dazzled in Qatar as Japan reached the round of 16, but last season's loan at Belgian club Union SG reduced his compensation fee to $100,000. Ex-Seagulls Matt Ryan (Australia), Ben White (England) and Alireza Jahanbakhsh (Iran) made Albion $240,000.”

https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/spo...elsea-tottenham-and-newcastle-gallery-3955558

We've so much money from all our player sales, I'd have rathered they stayed and we continued the season as normal

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
We now know what he is capable of when he has international players to feed and feed off. With our current squad he is too good for us and potentially underutilised. I can’t see us signing up that type of quality player to bring out the best of him. I fear he will be on his way to a top top team. He has proved his worth. Good luck to the lad.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
We've so much money from all our player sales, I'd have rathered they stayed and we continued the season as normal
Yes, scheduling the WC in the winter it was annoyingly very disruptive but I feel absolutely that given the season was going to be fcuked around with anyway, far better for Brighton to be represented as we were than to have none of our players in Qatar - you can tell from the team messages over the last month, how much of a boost it’s given the squad so for me, the income is just a bonus.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Tony Bloom will be gutted that USG get $120,000 worth of the Mitoma money.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yes, scheduling the WC in the winter it was annoyingly very disruptive but I feel absolutely that given the season was going to be fcuked around with anyway, far better for Brighton to be represented as we were than to have none of our players in Qatar - you can tell from the team messages over the last month, how much of a boost it’s given the squad so for me, the income is just a bonus.
Agree, absolutely great that a number of players went... and that one of them won the whole thing!

Not sure the income will compensate financially for the losses (journey to Dubai, postponing games until when people are in even shittier economical situations than for the last month).

That said, in the long run, the Argentina/Alexis World Cup win could mean LOTS of money and good players. Talents in team like Boca and River will now consider Brighton a reasonable option for their move to Europe.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Why did we get money for White, Ryan and Ali J?

Nothing for Mooy?
Just guessing here but White, Ryan and Ali J were all permanently signed to Brighton at the start of the WC qualifiers in 2019 so it would make sense that BHA get a proportion of the Cubs Benefits payout for them. Mooy didnt sign as a permanent player for Brighton until 2020 - he was only on loan to us from Middlesborough at the start of the Qualifying period so that may have ruled him out for us in terms of benefits.

As I say, just guessing though - I posted up the individual payouts, but I can’t claim to understand them 🤷‍♂️🙂

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here