Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
It's quite a story for our Alexis really.

Having signed not long after Percy Tau and Billy Arce, and then spent two loan spells in Argentina (albeit performing well), there was a bit of a feeling that we may never see him play for Brighton.

Then he came over, played one game, only for covid to hit. Understandably a difficult time for him and must have been hard to settle.

Then he started to get some appearances, and while showing some promise, there was a question of whether he could challenge for a starting spot.

And then last season he just got better and better. This season has been one of our best players and finding scoring form.

But even then, had only a handful of international caps and wasn't a starter for Argentina. They put in a woeful first game against Saudi Arabia and he gets a chance.

The rest is history - he slot in so easily next to the world's greatest player and help bring the best out of him, which has just been a joy to watch. Gaining plaudits as one of their key players of the tournament.

At the point he finished his loan spell at Boca and came over to us in early 2020, I don't think any of us could have predicted his rise to world cup winner. Incredible - can't wait to see how far he can go in the rest of his career, hopefully with us for as long as possible!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
That second Argentina goal needs it's own thread. Feckin marvellous.
Alexis the only player involved twice. Seems to get missed in all the commentaries. Ball fizzed to his feet and he lays it first time across to Messi smoothly turning the act of passing into a turn and sprint. Di Maria starts his run on seeing this just as Messi further flicks the ball on.
Anyhow night all. Look forward to seeing some more Mac Love in the morning

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Made a few bets on each side, so mostly I'd like one of those to win but not really that bothered who. Would like Mac to win in some ways but less so now as a bit displeased (not surprised at all though and besides England fans have plenty of stupid WW2 and IRA songs) to hear he's singing anti-English songs while playing over here and his normal high salary paid by BHA. If that's really how he feels then no probs but yeah you can go to Milan for £60m in Jan mate (not sure if we accept Monopoly money though). It's a bit like the Swede on here with his many digs about England as a country and our football.... but still all over us like a rash/cheap whore with her pants down/can't keep away. Mostly in awe still that we have a current player in the WC Final, whoever it is.
I hope not too much cheating from the Argies (although do have them down for a red card mind) and if Messi does something brilliant he can have it. Likewise if Griezmann plays aswell as he has then he will deserve the win too, although the French are too bland a team to really deserve successive wins. Football should be about glory so whoever goes for it hopefully will win.

I wonder what reception he will get from the club and the Lads when he gets back. Royalty I hope and a nice big pay rise. 🙂

He has achieved something, that no other Brighton player has achieved or lightly to achieve again.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Who’s that man from Argentina,
Who’s that man we all adore
Mac Alastair is his name
And he runs the f**king game
And next year he’ll win the Ballon d'Or!!

It’s perfect
Good effort, but Mac Alastair isn't his name :facepalm: and frankly it doesn't scan very well..

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Who’s that man from Argentina,
Who’s that man we all adore
(sp!) Mac Alastair is his name
And he runs the f**king game
And next year he’ll win the Ballon d'Or!!

It’s perfect
It’s a work in progress I think 🤷‍♂️

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That second Argentina goal needs it's own thread. Feckin marvellous.
Alexis the only player involved twice. Seems to get missed in all the commentaries. Ball fizzed to his feet and he lays it first time across to Messi smoothly turning the act of passing into a turn and sprint. Di Maria starts his run on seeing this just as Messi further flicks the ball on.
Anyhow night all. Look forward to seeing some more Mac Love in the morning
It's unfortunate, later, when Alexis was in the di Maria role the quality of assist wasn't there for him.

Just because he made that pass look effortless, it doesn't mean it was.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Just noticed that Mac is wearing a new Argentina shirt, with three stars.
71Kicg1XXQL._AC_SX355_.jpg

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Good to know that Tottenham are 'interested in taking him from Brighton'. I'm sure they consider it a compliment to 'teams like Brighton'. Personally, I hope we keep all our World Cup stars till at least the summer. Let them bond together over a chance of earning a place in Europe or even winning a Cup and then if we have to let anyone go for another £50m as part of the grand plan, then so be it and we can plan accordingly. Perhaps buy a couple more future stars in January and lay more groundwork for the stars' £12/15m replacements, same as Estupinan slotted in so seamlessly for Cucu and Moises/Mac Allister for Biss. In Mac's case, he found it so had to make all the adjustments coming to England/Brighton/Premier League, he might just want a month or two to reflect with his family and agent on his next move as a World Cup winner rather than dash to another club straight away in January. And we don't know the rationale behind the new contract. Was it to reward his new status as a first team starter, make him more comfortable and less likely to agitate for a move if a big club came sniffing, is there any truth in a release clause at £50m to encourage him to trust we would allow him to leave without a Cucu situation? I imagine a new contract protects him, his value and us and he was obviously happy to sign before the World Cup. I'm just thrilled we have a current player who starred in a World Cup and came back with a Winner's medal after starting the move and making the assist for the best goal of the Final. What a time to be a Albion fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here