Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
If Argentina win the World Cup we won't see Ali Mac for a while. They will fly back to Argentina and can you imagine the party they will have!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think a lot of clubs will be interested in the young man, however feel that we will not sell him in January, we have no need to do that whatsoever.
Come the summer though, I fully expect the vultures to circle as they will with a number of players here. Sadly he has Newcastle written all over him, or a surprise move to Barcelona or Real Madrid actually, now would that not be something to sell a world cup potential winner to one of the those two clubs.

Wow just wow !!
we sure have come along way, ever since those dark days.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It was actually the other way around! Vicente convinced Bruno to join the Albion! Hopefully Messi doesn't convince Ali Mac to go to Inter Miami at the end of the season.
So it was – apologies. And yes, let's hope he doesn't!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
right, so the net result is that we aren't being screwed out of a larger fee, as has been the case with other players who have had release clauses. which was my point.
:sigh: Your original point was, "In this case wouldn't a release clause just be a formal recognition of what our transfer policy currently is anyway?"
The answer to that is, no it isn't, as I explained to you. Having release clauses is a different policy from not having release clauses.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It feels inevitable he will leave at some point in the not too distant future. It is insane that we might get close to 180 million for caicedo and Alexis and neither had nailed down their starting spot this time last year.

Surely we can’t keep unearthing these gems can we? I really hope we can but it feels like we are due some duds. Hopefully our young pole isn’t one!

Just imagine a Brighton player scoring the winner in the World Cup final. Ridiculous

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Can't see maccer going anywhere for at least 18 months. Being ultra critical he hasn't looked great the last couple of games. But luckily for him Argentina have had injuries and they obviously don't want to change a winning team.

I don't see a big boy coming in for him yet. He would get eaten alive at somewhere like Chelsea.

They could for 70m...

Although I'm not convinced he would start every week for them.

Here’s the attention you’re so desperately craving in this thread so we don’t have to see a third attempt.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
:sigh: Your original point was, "In this case wouldn't a release clause just be a formal recognition of what our transfer policy currently is anyway?"
The answer to that is, no it isn't, as I explained to you. Having release clauses is a different policy from not having release clauses.
okay, I'll explain to you again what I meant by that as we're going in circles here. In the past, it has often been the case that players with release clauses leave their club for substantially less than the club would get had the clause not been there. that is a fact, I even provided you with an example. our policy is that players do not leave until we get an offer deemed acceptable to us, and we aren't bullied into taking anything lower. that is going to remain the same, regardless of whether it is written in a contract or is simply a verbal agreement. any clause would not allow a club to come along and poach him for, say, £20M, it will be much more than that. so the net result is the same: the player leaves when we receive a fee we are happy with. if that is a set fee that is written down then so be it, but it will still be a fee that TB and PB have decided that they would be happy with. only major differences is that it doesn't really allow for a bidding war, as you said, and we don't really have a say in when the right time to sell is, should a club meet that fee. that's it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think a lot of clubs will be interested in the young man, however feel that we will not sell him in January, we have no need to do that whatsoever.
Come the summer though, I fully expect the vultures to circle as they will with a number of players here. Sadly he has Newcastle written all over him, or a surprise move to Barcelona or Real Madrid actually, now would that not be something to sell a world cup potential winner to one of the those two clubs.

Wow just wow !!
we sure have come along way, ever since those dark days.
Seen quite a few NUFC fans on Twitter excited that Dan Ashworth was the man that recruited Mac Allister, which is some going considering he was signed about 3 months before Ashworth joined us.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
So some folks are banging on about a potential loss with a release clause and running down of a contract...

Am I missing something, we bought him for around 7.5 million squid and we might get.....
Whatever we get for him, people are missing what he has done for the club, the points won, the influence not only on the pitch, but future potential signings will look at him and his progress here, you cannot put a value on that, so what if we get 10 or 20 million less than some think.

His value to the club and it's growth along with his is worth more.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It feels inevitable he will leave at some point in the not too distant future. It is insane that we might get close to 180 million for caicedo and Alexis and neither had nailed down their starting spot this time last year.

Surely we can’t keep unearthing these gems can we? I really hope we can but it feels like we are due some duds. Hopefully our young pole isn’t one!

Just imagine a Brighton player scoring the winner in the World Cup final. Ridiculous
Not going to happen I'm afraid.

My one and only W/C £5 wager, will sadly put an end to that possibility.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
okay, I'll explain to you again what I meant by that as we're going in circles here. In the past, it has often been the case that players with release clauses leave their club for substantially less than the club would get had the clause not been there. that is a fact, I even provided you with an example. our policy is that players do not leave until we get an offer deemed acceptable to us, and we aren't bullied into taking anything lower. that is going to remain the same, regardless of whether it is written in a contract or is simply a verbal agreement. any clause would not allow a club to come along and poach him for, say, £20M, it will be much more than that. so the net result is the same: the player leaves when we receive a fee we are happy with. if that is a set fee that is written down then so be it, but it will still be a fee that TB and PB have decided that they would be happy with. only major differences is that it doesn't really allow for a bidding war, as you said, and we don't really have a say in when the right time to sell is, should a club meet that fee. that's it.
:facepalm: :wave:

Enjoy your life.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Every player has a price set by the amount left to be paid on his contract. He can buy himself out of his contract anytime he wants. He would be then re-imbursed by the club re-employing him is my understanding.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Every player has a price set by the amount left to be paid on his contract. He can buy himself out of his contract anytime he wants. He would be then re-imbursed by the club re-employing him is my understanding.
I can't imagine that's the case. If so, then (say) Bissouma would have left for around £2.5m last year (if memory serves he had a year to go on his contract, and he was probably on around £50k pw....even if my facts are a little out, the maths won't be far wrong). There ARE examples of players buying out their contracts, and being re-imbursed (eg: Welbeck when he joined us) - but that was only because the "selling" club (Watford, in this case) allowed it to happen. I know nothing about player contracts, by the way, but I'd strongly suspect that the right to buy out your contract relies on the selling club having some say in the transaction.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Every player nowadays also have a clause in their contracts saying that if they buy themselves out of their contract, it would be for a fee that represents their "true market value", which would then be determined by CAS. Tony Bloom would then easily be able to point at the Cucurella transfer and the World Cup and say "Ali Mac is a £100m" player and there is a decent chance CAS would put the fee somewhere around that area. Which would mean that Ali Mac, most likely would have to compensate Brighton with that fee, or his career is over.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I can't imagine that's the case. If so, then (say) Bissouma would have left for around £2.5m last year (if memory serves he had a year to go on his contract, and he was probably on around £50k pw....even if my facts are a little out, the maths won't be far wrong). There ARE examples of players buying out their contracts, and being re-imbursed (eg: Welbeck when he joined us) - but that was only because the "selling" club (Watford, in this case) allowed it to happen. I know nothing about player contracts, by the way, but I'd strongly suspect that the right to buy out your contract relies on the selling club having some say in the transaction.
I know no more than you about players contracts but the fact that Bissouma went for far more than his contract value doesn’t necessarily mean that was all that had to be paid. I get what you are saying and guess that the club doesn’t have to accept the offer but that doesn’t seem right to me either. I don’t actually know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here