Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’d say none, possibility of the 31st, I’d say more likely for Everton.
If he's not starting at The Valley a week tomorrow he can f*** right off as far as I'm concerned.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
If he's not starting at The Valley a week tomorrow he can f*** right off as far as I'm concerned.
My thoughts exactly
Too up himself.
Argentina don't even let him wear the number 10 shirt.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Haven't read whole thread (soz) but has his Albion fans' song been discussed?

Alexis really should have a good and popular one. If he already does then it hasn't made it to WSU yet...

"Who's that man from Argentina? etc".... ??

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Can't see maccer going anywhere for at least 18 months. Being ultra critical he hasn't looked great the last couple of games. But luckily for him Argentina have had injuries and they obviously don't want to change a winning team.

I don't see a big boy coming in for him yet. He would get eaten alive at somewhere like Chelsea.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Whilst constantly losing our best players certainly isn’t ideal, it’s a much nicer situation to be in than most clubs. There is not one single player I want to lose from this squad - all of the dead wood is gone. We are fresh, dynamic and a constant machine under Uncle Tony’s statistical magic and the large recruitment team.

Back in my day, growing up in the 90’s with the worst Albion side in history, almost every single one of our players left us to play non-league football. Now they are leaving to join the best teams in the world for figures which would’ve made my head explode.

I think we all know the reality of moneyball. When the offer is right from the right club, with the right need and the disposable income, any single one of our players will go onto bigger things.

In the next few years - perhaps sooner - we are likely to lose MacAllister, Caicedo and Trossard as a minimum. Possibly Sanchez too. Then Groß and Welbeck are winding down.

There will be a lot of signings by us in the next year I think - getting the conveyor belt going, working through work permits/acclimatisation/development with the next talents. Buy one for £5-10m, sell one for £30-50m. This is the model and we need to accept it.

I’m just enjoying it while it lasts and expect every single player to give 100% in the stripes while they are here. When the offer comes in, cheerio, onto the next one.

Sustainability is the goal. We are massively improving and overperforming in every single metric, ultimately leading us to our league position.

Still need a striker to lead the line, though. ;)
And of course players joining the Albion and still managing to burst into the Argentina first team and get to a World Cup final as well as eventually securing a move to a top European club is also a good sales pitch for the next in line on the conveyor belt of talent

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’d say none, possibility of the 31st, I’d say more likely for Everton.
For NYE, I didn't consider the possibility that the entire Arsenal squad would be well rested after a long break and raring to go, and one of our key players may well need a rest....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Legally, in the UK there isn't a difference. An unwritten verbal agreement still counts as a binding contract under UK law.

Of course, it will be harder to enforce in the event one party to that verbal contract reneges as it becomes more difficult to prove the contract existed.
It's not that simple with what's being discussed, because often a verbal promise would be along the lines of 'if we're offered x for you, you can go', but that's not a binding contract because there's no consideration (ie, the club are getting nothing in return for adding this release clause).

Not that I disagree with your point about it not making a difference whether it's written down or not, save for evidence.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There's an excellent article in today's edition of The Times on Alexis, written by none other than our own Adam Lallana. Well worth reading if you can.

In a similar way of Bruno persuading Vicente to come to Brighton, maybe Mac could have a word with his trusting teammate and see if he wants to finish his career on the English south coast? He'd even still be playing in blue and white stripes!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
In a similar way of Bruno persuading Vicente to come to Brighton, maybe Mac could have a word with his trusting teammate and see if he wants to finish his career on the English south coast? He'd even still be playing in blue and white stripes!
Especially if we bring back that light blue ‘Argentina’ striped kit we had a decade or so back.
:wink:

Attachments

• 12E91EAE-49D5-4C45-BE77-883B2090DC07.jpeg
    12E91EAE-49D5-4C45-BE77-883B2090DC07.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 22

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For NYE, I didn't consider the possibility that the entire Arsenal squad would be well rested after a long break and raring to go, and one of our key players may well need a rest....
If he comes straight back - don't know if Argentina want them over there first, I'd suggest the Arsenal game is very much on the cards.

The club will want him.
His teammates will want him.
Most of us fans want him.
The global TV audience will be become a little more interested. :whistle:

Play him v Arsenal.
Stand him down for Everton and 'Boro, then see where he's at for Liverpool.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
depends how good you think the clubs word is. obviously there's less room for manoeuvre when it's written down, but I honestly believe if we verbally said a player could leave for x price and then we got an offer at x price we would let them go.

my point overall in this situation is that I can't see that having a clause would screw us out of loads of money in a way that it has done for other clubs previously. take demba ba for example, had scored 13 in 20 for newcastle but left for chelsea for a measly £7 million due to a release clause. that won't be happening here, and any release clause in Mac's new deal would probably be around the figure we'd want to sell him for anyway.
Never forget the age old wisdom of, "A verbal contract is not worth the paper it is written on". That applies to any businessman. And yes, of course the release clause would be set at a value at which we would be willing to sell.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Never forget the age old wisdom of, "A verbal contract is not worth the paper it is written on". That applies to any businessman. And yes, of course the release clause would be set at a value at which we would be willing to sell.
right, so the net result is that we aren't being screwed out of a larger fee, as has been the case with other players who have had release clauses. which was my point.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
It was actually the other way around! Vicente convinced Bruno to join the Albion! Hopefully Messi doesn't convince Ali Mac to go to Inter Miami at the end of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here