[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What about Trossard? Booo?

How are Huddersfield doing? Will they lose their best players in January too? :wink:
Dreadful season. All their best players from last year were snapped up by forest and a couple of other prem sides recalled their loanees

odds on 3rd division next season

which to be fair means I will be able to get tickets for matches where I can’t get ones for Albion away games.

looking forward to get back to proper grounds again with my flask

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would also suggest that he is going absolutely nowhere and the papers are full of shite. My theory is the only one with evidence :LOL:
You have evidence he is going nowhere? Wow..everyone we have a bone fide player agent on our board at last

great to know.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dreadful season. All their best players from last year were snapped up by forest and a couple of other prem sides recalled their loanees

odds on 3rd division next season

which to be fair means I will be able to get tickets for matches where I can’t get ones for Albion away games.

looking forward to get back to proper grounds again with my flask
It’s the flask that sells it :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It’s the flask that sells it :lolol:
…and standing on windswept terraces, drinking hot tea , scarves, woolly hats and no tourist supporters caring nothing about the team they are watching just their own player…decent hot pies and jumbo sausages and of course meat and potato pies and Rotherham shepherds pie

i know why so many of my old football mates go to non league football over premier stuff.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You have evidence he is going nowhere? Wow..everyone we have a bone fide player agent on our board at last

great to know.
I don't have evidence that the moon isn't made of cheese, but given that there has been a lot of rock brought back from there over time I guess it isn't.

I don't have any evidence that Mac isn't available for £30m and Europe's top clubs don't want him. But I do have evidence that suggests Albion wouldn't let him go for that (previous transfers) and that the media makes up much of its transfer news (don't need to even bother producing evidence for that).

Hence I'll assume it's tosh until otherwise proved, in the same way as I won't anticipate Lunar Cheddar on my shopping list just yet.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't have evidence that the moon isn't made of cheese, but given that there has been a lot of rock brought back from there over time I guess it isn't.

I don't have any evidence that Mac isn't available for £30m and Europe's top clubs don't want him. But I do have evidence that suggests Albion wouldn't let him go for that (previous transfers) and that the media makes up much of its transfer news (don't need to even bother producing evidence for that).

Hence I'll assume it's tosh until otherwise proved, in the same way as I won't anticipate Lunar Cheddar on my shopping list just yet.
Good for you

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I can’t see us selling an automatic first-choice player mid season. When was the last time we did that?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We won't be selling anyone major in January. I suspect a lot will hang on European football as to the transfer activity in the summer.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We won't be selling anyone major in January. I suspect a lot will hang on European football as to the transfer activity in the summer.
I think you can rule out all but one player (the Belgium) as I just can’t see him signing a contract, whatever happens.

I actually believe the club would spunk the vast majority of his fee on a replacement (think Mudryk or Ramos level quality and age bracket) but if they can’t get a top, top prospect in for around the same amount, I think he’ll stay till the summer when we’ll then get about £5m - £15m less for his transfer fee. No biggie I guess, especially if he keeps up his astonishing form.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure I've read somewhere that Tony Bloom doesn't do release clauses.
Even if he did, you'd have to think White and Cucu would have pushed the dial beyond 'only' £50m.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Does he have a 1 year extension clause that we could activate?
Yes, in the summer. Hence a decision would be made in January on the basis of how juicy an offer was v what Albion would get next summer.

You can never be sure of these things, but he is 28 now and his next contract is the last big one. Also the the next six months or so is likely to be the last big fee.

I can see why he would be dithering over signing. It's an interesting one.

My guess- January £35m (+AO) June £30m (+AO)

Just a guess, of course. Not sure that there will be many takers in January. Suspect there may be a few come the summer. Hence not such a big difference.

Play your hand, Tony.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Mac is one of those players that I really wouldn't mind if he left in January. Not because I don't rate him - he's a wonderful player, but because he has been a total gent his entire time here. I don't actually believe in the idea of players owing clubs anything and I'd never stand in the way of a player wanting to progress their career. For me, the only move he'd make is to a bigger and better club and he deserves that. It will happen eventually and I wish him all the luck in the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports